This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internships

Please Explain to me what an internship is, do you need to be a graduating senior/college student? Im avoiding college because I enjoy working full time and making a ton of money.Im keeping busy with other endevours (however thats spelled) that are beneficial somewhat to the career path i wish to take someday. But yeah I have been hearing alot about these "internships" and was just wondering what internships there are in the entertainment industry. Thanks.

Re: Internships

Well, i have an internship at a local tv station. Its basiclly voulenteering, but based on the situation you might get school credit for it. I personally love my internship even though i don't get paid, its great experience.

Comment

Internship = no pay = invaluable experience for someone entering a new field of work.

Many moons ago, I interned at Entrepreneur magazine and it worked out so well, I was offered a dream job. It was a great way to get my foot in the door.
      ~~Jodi~~
      Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas. :yea:

Comment

I had an internship at an animal hostpital when I was younger--a junior in high school, to be precise. They offered me a part-time job after the internship was over, but I went in a different direction (I decided I liked painting animals more than I liked cutting them open...). If I'm not mistaken, some internships do pay, but more often than not your pay is in experience. A volunteer job that looks excellent on a resume. You should look into some of the internships Disney offers--I believe some of them actually pay you.

I applied for a job at an art store near where I live, and the manager I had my interview with had gained his job through internships and experience--he had no college degree. Not everyone is this lucky, but it is something to think about.

Disney has ruined my love life

Comment

Originally posted by Althaea View Post
          I had an internship at an animal hostpital when I was younger--a junior in high school, to be precise. They offered me a part-time job after the internship was over, but I went in a different direction (I decided I liked painting animals more than I liked cutting them open...). If I'm not mistaken, some internships do pay, but more often than not your pay is in experience. A volunteer job that looks excellent on a resume. You should look into some of the internships Disney offers--I believe some of them actually pay you.

I applied for a job at an art store near where I live, and the manager I had my interview with had gained his job through internships and experience--he had no college degree. Not everyone is this lucky, but it is something to think about.
          Yeah, it looks amazing when your boss sees on a resume you have experience, and every internship iv had have been awesome. I'v worked at a youth art center, a synagog and now this tv station (which is what i want to do after i graduate). Its an incredible experience and i highly reccomend everyone do a few in their high school or college career.

Comment

Some are paid, some aren't.
            some require you to be in school (hs or college), some don't.
            Some lead to perm jobs w/the company, some don't.
            Really just look into places you want to work and see what their internship requirements are.
            it is a great thing to have on your resume, that is for sure!
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I've done two internships. Both were ones that I got paid. One was back in High School I worked at the Atlanta office of the American Foundation for the Blind working and testing adaptive equipment. A few years later I interned at the Georgia Radio Reading Service. I loved each one. I definitely reccomend doing an internship or two. They may not pay you but the experience is invaluable.
              Originally posted by aashee
              We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X