• Show
Clear All

• Elton John wants to shut down MiceChat, MiceAge and the entire Internet

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007350453,00.html

POP legend Sir Elton John wants the internet CLOSED DO
    Sorry, but No thank you!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Elton John wants to shut down MiceChat, MiceAge and the entire Internet

I still communicate, in fact I communicate with more people than ever before thanks to MiceChat and other sites like it!
    Foolish Mortal
    sigpic

Comment

Well, that assumes that any meaningful percentage of people who currently use the internet would turn to creating art were it no longer available. Of course, they would not. They'd go to the movies or something.

Weird.
      You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

Comment

I think the music scene has grown a lot more because of the internet. So many artists can reach people they've never reached before just using the net rather then relying on local shows and local audiences who may not even be interested in the music they play.

Comment

Originally posted by doombuggy driver View Post
          I still communicate, in fact I communicate with more people than ever before thanks to MiceChat and other sites like it!
          Exactly. I think I have more friends now in many different locations than I would have had if the internet did not exist.
          sigpic

Comment

Actually, I love Elton, but he's wrong in this case.

IMO, some of the most innovative music coming out lately is "Home Grown". Record companies are so yesterday.

Comment

Elton, put down the crack pipe.

Comment

Yeah... good luck with that, Elty.
                "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Comment

I know a ton more people now than I ever would have known before the internet. I've chatted with people from all over the world. Nope, the internet is too valuable a tool to get rid of.

Comment

Shutting down the internet would not cause people to be more creative and artistic. That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read.

Since the internet, and email, I communicate with people FAR more than ever before.

Comment

I hope Elton doesn't get skin cancer, he might start a movement to eliminate the sun.

Chad

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                        I hope Elton doesn't get skin cancer, he might start a movement to eliminate the sun.

Chad
                        :lol:

Comment

I agree with Elton in the sense that it would be a good experiment to shut down the Internet for five years. Likewise, it would also be a good sociological experiment to take away all of Elton's money and possessions and see how he handles being a dirt-poor homeless man for five years...
                          -Osky

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                          Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
                          .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

Comment

I think Sir Elton John's problem may just be that he is living in Georgia. Don't quite see it as the place for a 70s pop icon such as himself

Comment

I think the Internet fosters a lot of relationships. Sometimes even the good kind.

People still want to meet face to face, feel that energy, that creative synergy between two or more people. Artists still need first hand inspiration. Maybe all the wannabe's over use the internet but the truly talented recognize it as one creative outlet of many.

Besides the people would rise up and slay Sir Elton if the Internet dragon were destroyed.
                              Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X