This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of computer would you recommend

I'm looking into getting a new laptop nothing to expensive. I'm looking at Hp's currently any other brands you would or wouldn't recommend?

I'm looking for something under about $800.00

Re: What type of computer would you recommend

I like my dell - most of the time they have free shipping too.
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Atari 400.

Hey it's retro

Comment

My mom's office switched to Dell laptops this year and they've had problems with almost all of them. Esp. quickly dying batteries. My brother-in-law hated his, and it died after two years.

I've never heard anything wonderful about Dells, only bad--I know I'll never buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
          My mom's office switched to Dell laptops this year and they've had problems with almost all of them. Esp. quickly dying batteries. My brother-in-law hated his, and it died after two years.

I've never heard anything wonderful about Dells, only bad--I know I'll never buy one.

I currently have a dell its already crashed on me only had it maybe a year and a half! Always have little problems with it! the technicians are the most rudest people I have ever spoken to!

Comment

Do not buy a HP laptop. They are ansolutely horrid. The fans are placed in the worse places, so they over heat constantly. My mother worked for HP and was cosntantly having to get her company laptop replaced because it would die so fastly. The power connections are also poor and easily damaged. HP laptops are simply bad news.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post

Yes. The CEO of my company has had be buy TWO back up batteries already.

Comment

The biggest problem with laptops batteries is that most people use laptops like desktops. A laptop cannot just be plugged in constantly. The battery needs to be used actively, otherwise it will die quickly.

Comment

I would stay away from Dell.
                  There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                  -Dr. Strange

Comment

See this is what confuses me....when I was searching for a desktop half the people said "stay away from Dell" and half said "stay away from HP"

I know from experience, I'm staying away from Gateway.....it's just what every one experiences I guess

Comment

Originally posted by clara View Post
                      See this is what confuses me....when I was searching for a desktop half the people said "stay away from Dell" and half said "stay away from HP"

I know from experience, I'm staying away from Gateway.....it's just what every one experiences I guess
                      I think it is all dumb luck. People have a much more specific use for their computers than what computer companies usually sell. Unless you stumble into that one combo that really works well for you, issues arise.

Comment

I would also stay away from dell!!!
                        I had 3 and everyone of them sucked big time. my sister has 2 and both hers are not that old. and her new Dell laptops has big time issues.
                        Some have good luck some not so good. I would never own one again!
                        I have a gateway, love it, have never had one days problem with it and its 3 years old. its still fast and in perfect working order. I am getting a new computer this coming year, My daughter will have mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyfan4lyfe View Post
                          I currently have a dell its already crashed on me only had it maybe a year and a half! Always have little problems with it! the technicians are the most rudest people I have ever spoken to!
                          Amen!!! I hated my dells, there cheap crap. mine went bottoms up the first month I had it, then had to have so much work on it. There rude, and your on the phone constantly on hold!!!

Comment

Originally posted by clara View Post

Gateway is HORRIBLE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
                              and your on the phone constantly on hold!!!
                              YES!!!! I was shocked that they weren't very well educated on stuff and its like a maze going threw that automatic voice stuff where it asks you question but cant understand you at all.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X