• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs. Disney?

Call me stupid but...

Was Walt ever married?

If so, who was his wife? any pictures?

For some reason I'm thinking he built DL for his grand children? He had to have kids to have grandkids, and back then people didn't really have kids out of wedlock.

correct me if I'm wrong please.
    Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me.

For new music click below!

Lillian Disney was his wife.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Thanks! Are there any pics of her anywhere?
      Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me.

Comment

Walt Disney married Lillian Bounds in 1925 and were married until Walt's death in 1966. They had 2 daughters, Diane and Sharon. Walt got the idea for Disneyland while on an outing with he 2 daughters. He was watching them on a Carrousel and wished there was some sort of fun they could do together. So, from that desire, the idea for Disneyland was born.

Pics of Lillian.

Comment

What an idiot....

Comment

You see, Walt had a special relationship with his brother Roy...

Comment

Thanks!

ooh I found another one.

They are too cute!

Comment

I originally asked because you don't really hear too much about her. I read that she died in 1997. And she did contribute to the Walt Disney Concert Hall. I love that. After all, behind every great man, there is a great woman.

Did she make any contributions/ideas to Disneyland?

Comment

I heard she came up with the Name Mickey, that's a pretty big contribution
                  What an idiot....

Comment

Mickey's first name was Mortimer but Lillian didn't like it. She suggested Mickey.

Comment

Re: Mrs. Disney?

Originally posted by dontbecheekin
                      Call me stupid but...
                      Okay...

STUPID!

What? He said to.... :bang:

Comment

Too bad she didn't write a book about all of Walt's ideas. It would have made for great reading.
                        sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

she also "gave back" an anniversary present that walt gave her & had him put it in the park...the petrified tree by the RoA.
                          <o>

Comment

The Petrified Tree (or portion thereof) in Frontierland was an Anniversary gift from Walt to Lillian. Lillian decided it would be best displayed in Frontierland. There is a
                            sign next to the petrified tree with the details of the history.

The "caboose" on the Disneyland train is named for her also, but unfortunately has not been on running for several years. It is in need of a major refurbisment. Many were hoping this would be done in time for the 50th, but it doesn't appear likely at this time.

In addition, Walt and Lillian celebrated their anniversary in the Golden Horseshoe before Disneyland even opened.

The only picture of her in DL, that I'm aware of, is one of her and Walt sitting in Walt's private carriage. This picture is on display in Walt's apartment.
                            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Wasn't one of the riverboats at DL or WDW called the Lilly Belle after her? I remember reading it's now the seafood restaurant on the Marketplace side of Downtown Disney. Someone please correct me if I'm wront though.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X