X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder Bread - bye bye bye to Southern California

http://www.labusinessjournal.com/art...75&aID2=116880

SO sad I grew up eating Wonder Bread. I thought it fishy that the 2 Wonder outlets I know of, have closed in the past year or so. Another institution gone the way of Yesterland.:crybye:

Re: Wonder Bread - bye bye bye to Southern California

I just heard this on the news tonight. Off they go into the sunset just like the Helms Bakery. Another piece of my childhood gone.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but they still sell it elsewhere.

Now what do you have, Bimbo?

Comment

so you won't be able to buy it in the stores in So Cal anymore? We do have an outlet here so If'n I need a fix it's only a short drive away.
        Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

We lost Wonder Bread up here in Washington about a year ago. I had never had it so we bought a loaf just before it left the stores. I must admit I found it to be quite a treat with peanut butter and jelly...mmmm gooey! At least we can still get Hostess Ding Dong's!

Comment

Home Pride white bread ir good...even as toast, you don't have to chew it...it just melts in your mouth...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! :thumbup:

Comment

We may have to move.

Wonder bread is the least of my worries, although it is our traditional foundation for leftover turkey sandwiches, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Any premium gummy white will get us through that little crisis, although I will miss the Wonder package.

Roman Meal bread is our everyday bread. We like it, plus it has unnaturally long dating on it, like 2 weeks, sometimes. Always fresh. Well, maybe it's through the science of preservatives, but, regardless, it's nice to have soft, if not fresh bread for a long period.

The worst one for me, is Mrs Cubbison's. There will be no stuffing this Thanksgiving, if I don't remember to get my butt down and stock up on this one. About 10 years ago, I found that if I followed the recipe on the box (the one that uses one stick of butter for each 6 ounce bag, yummy, if not great for the heart), everybody raved about it. OK, I've been on Mrs. Cubbison's site, and unless Interstate is the sole manufacturer of this, I can order on-line. By the case, that is. Anybody up for a really big Thanksgiving gathering? And, do you know where I can get an 80 pound turkey?

Here are the brands that may go away in So. Cal.:

Lu
              "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
              raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

� Ernest Thompson Seton

Comment

Noooooo!

Couldn't they wait a few more years until I've died?

My childhood here in SoCal was built on Wonder Bread sandwiches and Laura Scudder's BBQ potato chips. Laura's been gone from the southland for ages...but now Wonder Bread too? That's practically un-American!

Comment

I never buy wonder bread. I remember eating it as a kid though. I won't miss it.

the stuffing too...ok I will miss that.

Comment

Waaaa, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Comment

This is soooooo sad! When I was a kid that's all I ate. That and Webber's too. I remember when Wonder was the Official Bread Of Disneyland. How sad...

Comment

Now that's just weird.
                        �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

At least we're fortunate we don't have to wait in line 4 hours for bread.

Comment

Wolfette and Mr.Lightyear...what will they do?

Wonder bread is a staple around here! Used to buy Pillsbury, but can't always find it.
                            Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                            it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy999 View Post
                              Wolfette and Mr.Lightyear...what will they do?

Wonder bread is a staple around here! Used to buy Pillsbury, but can't always find it.
                              And Pillsbury is quite easy to find here in Minnesota. :croll:

This is interesting news to me. You'd figure they'd have a large enough market in SoCal too!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X