This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about photo threads.

Sometimes, I am not sure where to put a thread. Especially when it may contain photos of both Disneyland, and Disney World. I understand that Trip Reports usually contain photos of just one destination, so that's clear.

I am presently running a thread of Disney ABC's. It was moved to the Fun and Games Lounge, and that is certainly understandable.

However, I am wondering if threads such as that one might get more views, if they were in a forum for photos.

MiceChatters have different habits about how they navigate MiceChat. Some of them may never even enter the Fun and Games Forum. There are many forums that I never enter.

MiceChat has changed so much, since I first joined. I am constantly learning where to find the things that I am interested in. Having Photo threads in one place would be nice.
    BarbaraAnn

Re: A question about photo threads.

Just as a response: I, for one, never enter the "Fun and Games" section.

Comment

Well, I know many members, like myself, use the "new posts" button almost exclusively. So it doesn't matter which forum.

But the thing about "views" is this: if your thread is in the appropriate forum and someone doesn't see it, that means they're not interested in the subject matter, so correct placement is still important.

If you have pictures from both resorts, you could put the thread in either forum, depending on which you think it most relevant to, OR, if it involves a meet or meets, you could also use the meets forum. If it includes photos from, say, a cross-country trip, with all points in between and happens to include DL and WDW but doesn't necessarily feature them, then Lounge would be a good spot.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

That's why I wish there could be a generic discussion forum for all of the Disney parks. Some threads, (your great thread on MK/DL similarities comes to mind) cover more than one park and putting them in a park-specific thread means some people may not see them. Other threads, like the castle comparison one, need to be posted in multiple threads if you want to avoid bias.

I for one never use the "New posts" (not really sure why) and only just recently discovered that there are some really interesting things in the Fun and Games Lounge. Sadly though, many people don't go in there because it's not Disney-related, which is understandable. I do like the idea of just having a thread solely for pictures.

Comment

I think this is a great question, especially for the thread in particular that Barbaraann is speaking of. The fun and games lounge moves pretty fast and that thread seems to get lost quite quickly. Its really more like the Where in the disney world games that are actually in the parks forums, but sinc ethis thread is only Disney specific not a particluar resort tehre really doesnt seem to be another place for it to live?

A little piece of heaven

Comment

From a personal standpoint, I always use the "New Posts" facility. I rarely go direclty to a particular section except to post a new thread to that section, so I'll see them no matter where you post them.

The only time I go direclty is when I expected to see a folowup on a particular thread that did not show in the "New Posts" facility.

As for where to post pictures of different parks I can think of a few different choices.

1. If the pictures somehow relate to each other from different parks, then post in the park you want to highlight.

2. Put the same thread in each area, Disneyland an WDW (the mods are going to love this one!)

3. How about someone at MC generating a "Parks" forum for things such as this?

4. Post the WDW or DL or DLP or TDL, or HKDL or whatever in the forum an tell folks to go to the other thread to see pictures of the other park. You can use a link in the post even after you post by using the "Edit" post function.

Just a few ideas, maybe one will ring a bell!

CU@DL

Andy
            -
            What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

The thread that is featured in my avatar is running in the Fun and Games Lounge. I started it in one of the Park Forums. I encourage people in the thread to post photos of the current letter of the alphabet. The thread has been fun for me to do. Several people are frequent contributors to the thread. I just thought that perhaps more people would have contributed their photos, if it was in a forum just for photos. I know that many MiceChatters probably have great photos in their collections that they could post.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X