Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woman thrown off plane for wearing skimpy outfit.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman thrown off plane for wearing skimpy outfit.

Re: Woman thrown off plane for wearing skimpy outfit.

That's just silly. At least Vanessa was naked. There was some bit of buzz around that. This is just plain bizzare.
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

Comment

She wasn't thrown off the plane, she made her flight just fine. This happened a while ago. Lucky girl, now she will own the airline, after she cashes in.

Comment

Makes me sad that this is considered "news". Encourages offensive behavior
        Sue B

Math Geek of Randomness

Comment

She wasn't even showing that much. I agree it shouldn't be news, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

My husband was reading Playboy on a Southwest flight once and was asked by another passenger to put it away. He was traveling with a child and didn't want her to see it. My husband put it away. Had he asked me when I was looking at it, I would have said no. First thing the woman on the cover had all of her clothes on. Second, the guy and his kid were across the aisle from us, not sitting next to us. And third my husband was actually reading an article on the plane, not staring at naked women, so there was nothing bad for the guys daughter to see.
          San Diego Pole Parties

Comment

Was she at least given a parachute?

Comment

That outfit is nothing compared to what TEENAGERS wear nowadays...pathetic...it's like "who let you out?"
              Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

Are there any airline employees out there. From what I understand (I'm not one but sisters are) - its a matter of comfort level. If someone stinks because they don't believe in bathing, the airline has the right to refuse entry to that person for the consideration of the other passengers who are going to be spending time in a tube with no escape. If another passenger is uncomfortable to a certain level - the flight attend is expected to provide as much comfort as reasonably can be provided.
                Sue B

Math Geek of Randomness

Comment

“He told me, ‘I’m sorry, but you’re going to have to take a later flight. You’re dressed inappropriately. This is a family airline. You’re dressed too provocative to fly on this flight,’ ” she told Lauer.
                  OK seriously, I don't know which is worse, calling Southwest a Family airline or stating that she was too provocative to fly. I think she looked fine.

I can understand if she was flying First Class Virgin Atlantic to Europe and another passenger complained (who had paid thousands of dollars for their seat and expects a certain dress code...which still wouldnt make it right). But come on...its SWA.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Originally posted by sueb View Post
                    Makes me sad that this is considered "news". Encourages offensive behavior
                    The only offensive behavior I saw in the story was the airline employee apparently trying to enforce his/her own made up dress codes on the flights he/she worked.

I agree with you that this isn't really "news" and max is right tha it's even old "non-news" and that the woman did indeed get to take her flight so I guess she is trying to angle for a little settlement money for her "humiliation." Enlighten us all on what "offensive behavior" this story is supposedly "encouraging" please, I'm eager to find out.

Comment

I don't know the details of this situation - but the reaction seams to be similar to other hyped non-news issues sparked by someone be offended by something. I do think that many in our society are overly sensitive and too easily offended - but the attention the 'offender' gets, positive or negative, generates more 'offenders'. I'm not saying that I would be offended by someones outfit - but apparently someone was. And now that its national news there will probably be many more barely legal outfits on planes.
                      Sue B

Math Geek of Randomness

Comment

Originally posted by TiaDalmaFan View Post
                        Was she at least given a parachute?
                        That is hysterical. I was thinking the same thing! :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by sueb View Post
                          I don't know the details of this situation - but the reaction seams to be similar to other hyped non-news issues sparked by someone be offended by something. I do think that many in our society are overly sensitive and too easily offended - but the attention the 'offender' gets, positive or negative, generates more 'offenders'. I'm not saying that I would be offended by someones outfit - but apparently someone was. And now that its national news there will probably be many more barely legal outfits on planes.
                          Ah, I do see your point! On that I do agree with you! I just call that self rightious behavior rather than offensive.

Comment

It's all about the pilots. Pilots call the shots, plain and simple. A co-worker of mine was denied entry onto his return flight from Atlanta because he wasn't dressed up enough. Mind you this was an employee discounted flight though, about the only good thing about working for FedEx is $88 round trippers.

Comment

Was the plane in flight when Ms. Ebbert was thrown off? If so, I hope that there was enough material in her skimpy outfit to make a parachute prior to her moment of impact with the ground.
                              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X