This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you clean your house/Apt

I know we have discussed this before but....it's time to discuss it again.

How often do you clean your house? Are you a "get it all done in one day" person? Do you tackle one room a day, and spread the cleaning out over the entire week? Do you keep yourself on a strict cleaning schedule? Do you clean when you look around and say "Wow this place is a mess"?

For me....Mr. Dkat and I share the responsibility but our house is NOT perfect by any means. I am not a neat freak though I aspire to be one. I wish i had a home that people walk into and you never have to apologize for the mess. Yeah, that is so not me.

I clean the kitchen everyday, wiping down counters, the stove and then on days off I try to give it a good cleaning (motivation is an issue sometimes.) Because we have cats we need to vacuum pretty regularly. I do laundry pretty much every Sunday. Very rarely am I not doing laundry on Sunday. If something is needed I'll wash it right away.

Mr. Dkat takes care of the bathroom, cat boxes and our room. he helps me fold the laundry and we put the dishes in the dishwasher away together. I HATE leaving dishes in the sink, so we have a rule. If I cook he does the dishes and vice versa, but NOTHING gets left overnight (used to when I lived alone, but I've broken myself of that nasty habit).

Am I alone in my "I don't have THE cleanest house in all of Micechat"?
    Katie :yea:
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Re: How often do you clean your house/Apt

With four cats, there is no way I could have the cleanest house on MiceChat.
    Originally posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

Comment

I have to admit that I don't clean house on a schedule. I always say that it's clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy. When I do clean, I do a good job. If people pop in unexpectedly, they are likely to find anything. I don't have a cluttered house, but I do have a lot of stuff. I take out the garbage regularly, especially old newspapers. I do the laundry at least once a week. My husband has began dusting the areas where he spends the most time. He actually does a pretty good job.

I guess you would say that when it really needs it, then I do it. The rest of the time it might be a lick and a promise. I have never been accused of being dirty, although my husband will say that I need to vacuum under the bed, and he calls it filthy. It really isn't, but he likes to use that word.

I wouldn't be embarassed to have a fellow MiceChatter over. I always say that if they've come to see my house, then they might be dissappointed when I have a sink full of dishes, and an unmade bed.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

We have a small house, it's a cabin turned house, I clean my "room" once a day only because of the awkwardness of the space if I didn't, seriously something goes on the floor and I would be in the stair well. As for the rest of the house... it seriously depends. We have people coming over once a week so... it's a daily thing right now.

Comment

Depends on how often I have company coming over.

But seriously, I live alone and work a lot, so time and motivation is difficult to find. Some things obviously need to be kept up with for the sake of day to day life like dishes and laundry, but I rarely do a thorough cleaning unless I know someone is coming over or I just can't take the mess anymore. I don't like it, but it's an unfortunate reality.

Comment

I would like to be on a schedule, but with us both working things just don't always go to plan. We commute to different places all throughout the week and we can't count on traffic being decent enough to really plan out too much.

It used to be that Bryan cooks and I do the dishes. But, lately, he's been doing the dishes, too. I need to be better about upholding my end of it.

Both bathrooms and the kitchen have their own sets of cleaning supplies. I bought a little at a time until finally there's no more trekking a bucket of supplies from room to room.

The bathrooms have definitely experienced an upswing. With everything at the ready, I can't excuse myself from not cleaning off the small amounts of soap scum or wiping down the counter tops.

Laundry - I need to get caught up on that. I used to do that on Fridays until I got a job for that day. Now it's whenever we need something for the next day.

I vacuum once a week though I know I should do more than that with the two cats.

The apartment is never in a "OMG look at this place! I belong on one of *those* cleaning shows!" state and as long as a guest gives us 30 minutes notice of "Hey, I'm heading over" we can get the place really decent looking. Clean, but you can still touch things without an alarm going off clean. I vowed I would never make my home a museum.

I'm impressed, Dkat, that Mr. DKat takes care of the litter. Is it 'cause your preggers or did he always do that before?

Bryan loathes the day he'll have to take that job on.
            "But every night, when it gets dark
            and the stars come out,
            I'll look up on her behalf.
            I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

We wake up at 8 on Saturday, by 9 we clean the whole house (kids their rooms) I handle sweeping and mopping of all the floors, my wife handles the bathrooms and kitchen. We usually finish about 12, then its off to Costco for the weeks food and lunch.
              spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

Comment

I have degrees of clean. The cleanest is what I call Christmas clean, when everything in my condo is sparkling clean. With all my figures and otehr things you could not clean my place in a day. I recently finished cleaning all my figure shelves, though I still ahve to do my computer desk.

Comment

No schedule here. Just more of a..."wow, that's not looking as pretty as it should. Perhaps I should take care of that." :lol:
                  MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

I have a 10 1/2 month old, a large messy dog, (boxer- the drool) a husband, I leave my house at 6:30AM and get home at 8PM. My house is not the cleanest place. But I do my best.
                    I clean the kitchen every night. I used to live in an apartment complex so that habit was established quickly- otheriwse I would have had unwanted house guests
                    I due the laundry 2 x's a week Tues and Sat- necessity -see above list of tenants
                    I make my bed every night when I get home (yeah - not sure why but I have too, the husband is still sleeping in it when I leave)
                    My husband usually vacuums at least 1 a week. I will vacuum in between if I find a spare minute.
                    I scrub the entire bathroom with Clorox bleach cleaner 1 a week and mop. Try to clean up the counters daily.

Saturday is usally the day I clean the house- dust, vacuum, mop, bleaching, etc etc.
                    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
                      I have degrees of clean. The cleanest is what I call Christmas clean, when everything in my condo is sparkling clean. With all my figures and otehr things you could not clean my place in a day. I recently finished cleaning all my figure shelves, though I still ahve to do my computer desk.

I like that. Christmas Clean. :lol:

Yeah, there's stages here, too.
                      "But every night, when it gets dark
                      and the stars come out,
                      I'll look up on her behalf.
                      I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

Originally posted by TraceCub View Post

I'm impressed, Dkat, that Mr. DKat takes care of the litter. Is it 'cause your preggers or did he always do that before?

Bryan loathes the day he'll have to take that job on.
                        I'm not allowed to touch the litter boxes. Before I got pregnant, I would clean the one upstairs and he'd take care of the 2 downstairs (unless it was bad, then i would do them).
                        Katie :yea:
                        Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                        :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

Cleaning at my house is a pain!
                          I used to be very clean but my wife seems to be rubbing off on me. She's not dirty by any means but a little unorganized. We currently have it to where I clean the dining room, living room, 3rd bedroom/office, bathroom and our laundry. I also clean the kitchen but I hate doing dishes. We officially have the most retarded sink ever made so doing dishes with arthritis is a pain! My wife is supposed to do those but doesn't do them often enough. She handles our bedroom, the girls room, part of the kitchen too, and our daughters laundry.
                          We're always out and about and have no real time when we know when we'll be home so we clean when we can. I'm the type to pick up and clean a little everyday but she likes to take a long time to do it on the weekend. I hate doing that. If we could just keep it clean throughout the week then we would be real fast cleaning on the weekend!

Comment

We have no set cleaning schedule in our place. A huge part of the problem is, I hate the mess but I hate to clean even more. Luckily I have a very industrious child. She does a lot around the place. We keep it nice looking. Our bedroom could be a little less messy, and you could get lost in our 3rd bedroom, but the rest of it's pretty good.

We just do what needs to be done when it needs doing.
                            Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I clean the house daily if not more. I can't stand dirt/mess/clutter.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X