This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what have you found and kept?

I found a brand new portable DVD player at my bank machine late one night. No ID on it, and I waited in the restaurant across the street for an hour in case anyone came back for it. I also regularly looked for anyone posting a note there. Had someone proved it was their player, I would have handed it back instantly.

No one did - so now it's mine.

Re: So what have you found and kept?

Originally posted by so chill View Post
    I found a brand new portable DVD player at my bank machine late one night. No ID on it, and I waited in the restaurant across the street for an hour in case anyone came back for it. I also regularly looked for anyone posting a note there. Had someone proved it was their player, I would have handed it back instantly.

Umm congratulations?
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by so chill View Post

Was there a DVD in it? And if so what was it?

Comment

The only think I think I have found and kept would have been a dollor on the floor. Anything else of value can be turned into security or the closest business to where it was found in case someone comes back looking for it.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

On a similar note a friend of mine found Jesus. Not sure if he was planning on returning him.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
            On a similar note a friend of mine found Jesus. Not sure if he was planning on returning him.
            I overheard someone saying that they found their "sweet spot". Psh, whatever that means.

Comment

wow so instead of calling the bank the next day, or watching for the paper or even thinking about finding the owner you assume its yours? I am sorry, its this kind of behavior that makes me cringe.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
                wow so instead of calling the bank the next day, or watching for the paper or even thinking about finding the owner you assume its yours? I am sorry, its this kind of behavior that makes me cringe.
                Yeah and a little suspicious. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Modern Folly View Post
                  I overheard someone saying that they found their "sweet spot". Psh, whatever that means.
                  It's from an old saying, "swing hard and hope you hit the sweet spot".

Comment

Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
                    Originally posted by Ginarella View Post
                    Yeah and a little suspicious. Weird.
                    Not really that suspicious. I know a lot of people who would have kept it. And they probably wouldn't have even waited around to see if someone came back for it.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
                      Not really that suspicious. I know a lot of people who would have kept it. And they probably wouldn't have even waited around to see if someone came back for it.
                      Well, I just found it weird that for an hour no one else saw that huge DVD player and picked it up? And who leaves a huge device like that by an ATM other than a thief? IDK.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginarella View Post
                        Well, I just found it weird that for an hour no one else saw that huge DVD player and picked it up? And who leaves a huge device like that by an ATM other than a thief? IDK.

Maybe nobody used the ATM for an hour? Who knows? Who really cares? :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
                          Maybe nobody used the ATM for an hour? Who knows? Who really cares? :lol:
                          There's the best post yet. Who cares? Why post about this? There were no questions, no advice sought, just hey I found a VCR. Rather confounding to me.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                            There's the best post yet. Who cares? Why post about this? There were no questions, no advice sought, just hey I found a VCR. Rather confounding to me.
                            Dude, if I found a DVD player, you bet your sweet *** I'd be all over the place going, "Hey, guess what I found? Guess what I found and you didn't? Neener neener neener.

Comment

The best...secret...EVAH!!!

(And no I'm not telling you...)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X