X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The meets

Hi everyone,

About the meets, I have been to one already which was last sunday of last week. I kinda don't fit in for some reason I don't know why. How many of you ever felt that way before? I think I need to get out more often.

Re: The meets

The meets can be intimidating, that's for sure. When I went to my first meet, I had my mom with me, kind of like my backup. So, maybe if you bring a friend with you, someone you already know and who you're going to be comfortable with, it may be easier for you to meander the meet crowd. Just a thought.
    MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Hopefully the first meet experience didn't scare you off. I think all of us were at least a little scared going into our first meet. The best thing to do is introduce yourself to people and see if they will introduce you to other members. I know a lot of times the noon meet is so big it's difficult to move around and talk to people and that alone can be scary. I invite you to give it another chance, we have all kinds of people on the boards and at the meets. If you first meet someone you don't think you have much in common with, chances are someone there will have something in common with you. Hope to see you at the meets!

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

wow thanks everyone I feel better. I hope to see some of you guys this sunday coming. Im gonna try to ride the haunted mansion holiday and its going to be my first mansion holiday of the year I can't wait. Thank you everyone and thank you anders.

Comment

Okay, next time I'll keep the snakes, crossbows, and bazooka guns in the lockers from now on when I go to the meets.

(If it makes you feel any better, I always keep the safety on...)

Comment

lol

Comment

Reggie, how dare you do that to our meet newbies...

...you forgot to mention the tazers, swarm of bees, and sarcasm! :lol:
              MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

I was nervous and scared too at my first meet. It wasn't until Dusty's kind words that made me a lil comfortable around the MCers. It wasn't until the efforts of BPF and PB that dragged me into the group and experience the fun!!

Thank you, PB!!! She's the one that literally dragged me into the group kicking and screaming, lol!!!

Comment

I've been to about 4 meets now, and my first one I was very nervous too. I'm really basically a very quiet, shy person, esp. around people I don't know well. But I just bundled up all of my courage, and the first person I saw was Wolfy... I recognized her from meet pictures. I walked up to her and introduced myself... and the rest is history! :lol:

MissChristine has a good idea. Bring a friend or two with you to the next meet! You might even be able to get them involved with MiceChat! And try not to let big meets scare you. It can be a bit overwhelming if there are 30 or 40 people all there at once, but remember.... we were all meet newbies at one time!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                  all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I think I am going to my first meet Sunday. Taking my ex-roommate out to breakfast (if his tushy is up, that's a giant question) and then going. I am bringing possibly Pearl, my seeing eye dog puppy, figuring people have to be nice if I bring a puppy (although it seriously depends on her week. She is meeting her sponsor Wednesday and then going to Sea World Saturday.).

Comment

the first meet that Dustin and i *tried* to go to after meeting Fishbulb at Bats Day last year we spent on the other side of the hub just watching everyone else :|

i was too nervous to go up to the group and every time i tried..i got a little nauseated! i'm such a wuss......this last trip over my birthday weekend..i did much much much better

sometimes you just gotta dive in
                      Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                      -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                      elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                      Originally posted by pratt55
                      Elly is adorkable.

Comment

I recall my first meet I was quite nervous, but you just need to go beyond that and introduce yourself to someone there who will show you around. After that you'll be ok and soon enough you will meet people who you have something in common with. Also, as you can see everyone was nervous at their first meet, so this is totally normal. If you start coming to more meets you will start to get the hang of things and lose your nervousness.

I hope to see you at this Sunday's meet, I'm sure there are a few pictures of me around here on the recent trip reports so feel free to stop by and say hello.

Comment

Oh my golly, my first meet was intense! lol. The people I had come with had to leave right after the meet. SO i was like omg, i'm gonna be here by myself. But I was introduced to FrodoPotter (Disneyphiles hubby) and i talked to him, which in turn got me talking to Disneyphile which then in turn got me talking to others. lol. It was so crazy though. Then I just kept coming back cause, well i'm not really sure why. But I've made some great friends. All ya gotta do is get to know one person and then soon you know lots of persons!
                          STACIE and YODA-Dland partners for life

And, I , I close my eyes
                          And, I kiss that frog
                          Each time finding
                          The more boys I meet the more I love my dog

Who'd'ya think you're kiddin'
                          He's the Earth and heaven to you

Comment

I think everyone is nervous at their first meet. Heck, I still get nervous sometimes right before a meet, mostly because I'm much better one on one with people than in a big crowd of people, especially since I tend to get my energy from people so sometimes all of that energy can put me over the top.

But if you happen to see me at a meet and you're feeling nervous, just introduce yourself to me and I'll introduce you to others. And if you don't introduce yourself to me and I see you off to the side alone, I might drag you kicking and screaming into the middle of the action like Dantasmic said.

Just try to relax , be yourself and everything will fall into place! : )

Comment

Count me in as another one helped by the wonderful Wolfy and Wolfette.

It was during the first anniversary meet. She was very helpful in "breaking the ice".

Now we are very good friends (actually more like family) with the whole Wolf-Pack!

There are some Tiggerific folks here at MC!

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
                                I think everyone is nervous at their first meet. Heck, I still get nervous sometimes right before a meet, mostly because I'm much better one on one with people than in a big crowd of people, especially since I tend to get my energy from people so sometimes all of that energy can put me over the top.

But if you happen to see me at a meet and you're feeling nervous, just introduce yourself to me and I'll introduce you to others. And if you don't introduce yourself to me and I see you off to the side alone, I might drag you kicking and screaming into the middle of the action like Dantasmic said.

Just try to relax , be yourself and everything will fall into place! : )

OH My lol. Wow thanks everyone you are all just great. It looks like I will be taking that dive me. I hope some of you don't bite lol Im just kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by rex22 View Post
                                  OH My lol. Wow thanks everyone you are all just great. It looks like I will be taking that dive me. I hope some of you don't bite lol Im just kidding.
                                  Why were you so nervous? You know, I'm in Newport and you're in Santa Ana. We should hang out sometime. Maybe getting to know your fellow MC'ers would make things easier!

And next month on the 28th it's my birthday. I am going to make some reservations at the Stitch breakfast at the Paradise Pier Hotel. You would be invited if you want to come...

Comment

Very scary indeed. I was lucky though because I had talked to a few MiceChatters through PM's and email before actually meeting them face to face, which helped a lot.

It's tough, but see if you can find a MiceChatter you gel with and talk to them before going to a meet. It helps things, believe me!

Comment

Consider yourself lucky. At my first meet they made me stand on a chair and laughed at my imperfections while they beat me repeatedly with PVC pipes. I wept, but they vowed never to do that again to a newbie. Now, because of my sacrafice you can enjoy the meets without any concern.

See after that it won't be that bad I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                                        Consider yourself lucky. At my first meet they made me stand on a chair and laughed at my imperfections while they beat me repeatedly with PVC pipes. I wept, but they vowed never to do that again to a newbie. Now, because of my sacrafice you can enjoy the meets without any concern.

See after that it won't be that bad I promise.

:lol:... I have yet to go to a meet.... but really want to. I was actually there for the pirates premiere in May a.k.a my birthday, and saw many many micechatters but was too afraid to say hi...
                                        One day the stars will allign and I'll have nothing to do on a Sunday...
                                        <3 Chloe

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X