This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Reunions

My 10 year reunion is next month and I always told myself I wasn't going to go. I talked to my friends that I'm still in touch with and we all did that, "I'll go if you go" thing. My friends still live in Chino and I'm here in Long Beach. We all have our own families or jobs to deal with so we don't get to hang out much anymore......long story short, we all decided we're going. I don't think my wife is too excited about it because she's pregnant and has to worry about a dress and our age difference and all that but I'm very thankful she's going.
    I just hope I don't regret it after $180 for tickets and whatever else that night...... I'm excited but I'm not.

What have been your school reunion experiences?

Re: School Reunions

I was excited about going, I went and I've decided not to go to any in the future. I didn't detest high school, but it wasn't the best time of my life - so going to the reunion was like high school all over again. I'd say if things don't work out you can always just go somewhere else with your friends.

Comment

10th - sucked. Then again me and my friends didn't organize it. Bad food, bad location, bad everything.

20th - awesome. Then again me and my friends organized it To this day we still have a Yahoo group page that classmates post on, we still get together from time to time for dinner and to watch football. All this over 2 years later. Now they want a 25th. I said I did the 20th, someone else can do the 25th!

Comment

I didn't go to my 10th. At the time, paying $100 per person to go and talk to people I didn't care talking about talking to 10 years earlier didn't seem like a fun time to me.

As for my 20th, not sure. I've still got 6 years to think about it.

Comment

My 15th was pretty cool, though all the people who were snobs were now nice and all the people who were nice were now snobs.

My 20th was supposed to be this year, but no one got off thier butts to get it organized.
          Growing older is manditory
          Growing up is however, optional

Comment

I went to my 5th, skipped the tenth and won't go to anymore. It just didn't do anything for me, but don't let that discourage anybody from going.

My friends are my friends now because of choice, not because they let me sit at their lunch table.

Comment

I never went to a class reunion. My brother organized a kind of neighborhood reunion, a few years before he passed away. Now that was a good time. The guys played tag football, and all the families that showed up had a good time chatting. It's a great memory.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

You all sound just about how I do. For 10 years I said I wouldn't go and now I'm going. I don't know how I changed my mind so easy but I did.
                If it's boring though, I'm sure we'll take off and go somewhere else. My friend is a millionare with a nice new house so I'm sure he'd love for us normal paycheck to paycheck buddies to go over.

Comment

My 10th wasn't worth it. Woulda cost a lot to fly... and the only thing they were doing was dinner at a banquet hall in a hotel. That's it. Wasn't worth it.
                  Good morning, son
                  In twenty years from now
                  Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                  And I can tell you 'bout today
                  And how I picked you up and everything changed
                  It was pain
                  Sunny days and rain
                  I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                    My 10th wasn't worth it. Woulda cost a lot to fly... and the only thing they were doing was dinner at a banquet hall in a hotel. That's it. Wasn't worth it.

That's what we're having too but I can drive there at least.
                    I should go and wear my old tiny little basketball jersey with tiny *** shorts that they made us wear my JV year. At least make it funny.

Comment

Badabing! There's your Halloween Costume!

"But every night, when it gets dark
                      and the stars come out,
                      I'll look up on her behalf.
                      I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

Originally posted by TraceCub View Post
                        Badabing! There's your Halloween Costume!

It would be a good idea but I actually had to turn the uniform in at the end of the year.......

Although, 2 years ago I bought a pair of corduroy OP shorts from ebay, found an old Goonies shirt, bought some striped tube socks and wore some checkered Vans. I wore a wrist band and everything. The OP shorts were so short I had to be careful when I sat down!!

Comment

:lol:

or

"But every night, when it gets dark
                          and the stars come out,
                          I'll look up on her behalf.
                          I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

Originally posted by TraceCub View Post
                            :lol:

or

Probably a little bit of both. I actually got some compliments from women on my hairy legs here at work. Yup, I wore it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Olympicnut View Post
                              10th - sucked. Then again me and my friends didn't organize it. Bad food, bad location, bad everything.

20th - awesome. Then again me and my friends organized it To this day we still have a Yahoo group page that classmates post on, we still get together from time to time for dinner and to watch football. All this over 2 years later. Now they want a 25th. I said I did the 20th, someone else can do the 25th!
                              Same here. At the 10th, everyone is still the same. At the 20th, everyone is glad to be still alive!
                              sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

I didn't go to my 10th. And apparently they didn't have a 15th this year.

I'm not spending a bunch of money to fly up north to see a bunch of morons I couldn't give a flying rat's patooie about.

Comment

Didn't go to my 10th either....

I was looking forward to going and then when the time came I thought~ Do I really want to see any of these people again NO

Figured if I wanted to remain friends with them I would have kept in touch- I am still close friends with about 4 friends since grade school/high school. We have our own memories to talk about
                                  ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

I organized our tenth and it was pretty good. One night at a brewpub for dinner and then dancing to cheesy 80's music (the DJ was an older brother of a classmate) and a family picnic the next day.

My favorite moment was when a county jail bus with a work crew showed up near our picnic and one of the guys on the work crew was one of our fellow classmates!! His mom had RSVPed a "no" for him and we all wondered why. There was our answer!! :clap: :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                                      I organized our tenth and it was pretty good. One night at a brewpub for dinner and then dancing to cheesy 80's music (the DJ was an older brother of a classmate) and a family picnic the next day.

My favorite moment was when a county jail bus with a work crew showed up near our picnic and one of the guys on the work crew was one of our fellow classmates!! His mom had RSVPed a "no" for him and we all wondered why. There was our answer!! :clap: :evil:
                                      That's classic!!
                                      How perfect was that moment!
                                      Yours sounds a lot better than ours. I'm picturing a fake prom type look to it.
                                      How did I get talked into this???

Comment

I went to my 5th.

Most of us were just getting out of college and our careers started.

It was OK.

I didn't go to our 10th (or any after that). I had arrested too many of my classmates.

I didn't need the hassle...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X