This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Burglarized - it really sucks!!

:squeeze: Matt and Brian. I wish I could do something to help. I'm with Dusty....check the pawn shops......

Just seeing what they did makes me sick to my stomach. i can't imagine how you both feel.
    Katie :yea:
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear all this---what do you need us to do to help you guys out?

Dang...waitaminute...how are you able to post right now?

Strange things are afoot...

Frankly, you got away with your lives. We can assume that they were casing the joint for some time--they knew that you both worked and waited for you both to leave. They also must have felt pretty safe, considering they could have made such a ruckus with confidence, so they must have monitored other homes in the area. I'd ask the detective (you may already have) if there were other homes hit (I was too upset to read the rest of the thread!).

Please, don't let this destroy you or let your anger take too much of your energy.

Peace,
      Roo
      husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Oh Gods, Guys... I am so sorry this happened to you. The worse part is you feel so helpless and violated. My Sister's car (95 Honda Accord) was vandalized (the police thought at first it was an attempted burglary,but now think it was more of a vandalism) last week. To the tune of $4,000 worth of damage.

Broke the driver's side window and instead of opening the door, leaned in and cut the crap outta themselves and bled all over the car. It looked like they were trying to take her GPS, but then it was discovered they just trashed the hell outta it...and the dashboard...and the inside of the door...and then got mad and kicked/hit the front driver's side tire hard enough to bend the wheel and force the rim into the tire, ruining it. Also, looked like they tried to pry the windshield??? (WT?)

The police actually took DNA samples because of the blood...so we will see if anything comes of it. It was sitting in our driveway, right next to my 2007 Jeep and they didn't even touch the Jeep. Plus we live in a cul-de-sac. So VERY unusual according to the PD. Worse part, it was our Mom's car...the first car she ever bought by herself, right after we lost our Dad. And then Mom passed a year later. It was Mom's pride and joy so my sister is having a lot of difficulty with feeling that she let Mom down.

But again, I hope you get the people who did this. Some people have nothing better to do than to try to make life miserable for others. All I can say is "Karma!"

Hugs to you both!!!
        Originally posted by migo
        I poop with joy!
        Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

Matt, I'm so sorry. I'm so glad you and Brian are safe!
          If you need anything, just holler!

Comment

Originally posted by Roo719 View Post
            I'm sorry to hear all this---what do you need us to do to help you guys out?

Dang...waitaminute...how are you able to post right now?

Strange things are afoot...

Frankly, you got away with your lives. We can assume that they were casing the joint for some time--they knew that you both worked and waited for you both to leave. They also must have felt pretty safe, considering they could have made such a ruckus with confidence, so they must have monitored other homes in the area. I'd ask the detective (you may already have) if there were other homes hit (I was too upset to read the rest of the thread!).

Please, don't let this destroy you or let your anger take too much of your energy.

Peace,
            Roo
            Just saw what Roo said..and I agree...at least you got away with your lives. Be very careful...and find out if other homes were hit. Your safety is much more important.
            Originally posted by migo
            I poop with joy!
            Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

Oh Brian... :squeeze: I'm glad you guys are safe, but I can only imagine what you guys are having to go through and what you are feeling right now! I've never understood, how someone can do something like that to another person.... how they could have so little regard for someone else and for their stuff... I will never understand the criminal mind.

All I can do is try to send some positive Karma your way, and tons of negative to the creeps who did this!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
              all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Oh no! I am freaking out for you guys right now! I am so so so sorry that you are having to deal with this. I really hope they can catch these bastards and recover at least some of your things. :squeeze:
                <o>

Comment

Oh, Matt - I'm so sorry this happened! I'm just glad neither of you were hurt. At least things can be replaced. :squeeze:
                  She did it!

Comment

oh no thats terrible. Im glad you guys are ok.

Comment

Matt and Brian... This is just frightening. I'm so sorry to hear about this and can't imagine what it must feel like. I'm glad you are both safe.

Comment

Matt and Brian . . . warm thoughts to both of you. This is just terrible.
                        Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

OMG hugs to you and Brain I hope these jerks are caught hugs
                          :crazylegs

Comment

That just ticks me off...working in property claims, large theft losses is something unfortunately I have to deal with often. Some go thru great extents to get anything they want. But here's what i've learned:

-Alarms can be useful, but not in an area that LAPD has jurisdiction. They require that someone confirm (such as a patrol car) before they respond. The only use is the hard and loud siren. The best thing about alarms are the monitored smoke alarm that will call the Fire Dept. while nobody is home. Regular smoke alarms are useless when nobody is home, I doubt your neighbors will hear it or care, at least this way the Fire Dept has a notice (useful during vacations.

-Insurance policy's have a limit on cash that was stolen. And thats about $200.00 depending on the policy/insurance company. Simply, don't keep cash at home. Keep it where it belongs.

-Jewelry, watches, etc... also have special limits.

-Keep lights on, windows closed and locked, and if you can a radio or tv on to make the bastards think you're home

-Don't wait on reporting it into your insurance. And don't get insulted by your claims representative asking you questions you may feel that is questioning your honestly about the claim. They're just doing their job on to get the facts of the claim and with about 38-42% of your insurance premiums going towards fighting fraud, you should thank them.

-high priced items, keep pics, documents, manuals, receipts or a log where you purchased them. If you have a hard time documenting your claim, go to the retailer and they will most ikely be able to pull the record.
                            Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

What a horrible violation, your home is the most precious place. I feel so badly for you.

I'm just glad your both alright and you weren't home for the incident.

Oh a lighter note though, LOVE the drawer full of candles.

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                                Oh a lighter note though, LOVE the drawer full of candles.

I noticed that too (funny, I also noticed zero underwears on the floor--considering all the clothes flung about--hmmm) and I was like "yet again, Onut and Bri are the coolest even during this horrible scenario."

Hey you two, hang in there. We are crazy about you both and, even during this awful experience, we're here if you need us.

Peace,
                                Roo
                                husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

How scary! I am glad you guys are okay. I hope those idiots get caught.

Comment

So sorry to hear about that O-nut! Glad that you guys are ok, but have to go through the hassles...

Comment

So sorry to read this happened to you guys... I agree that you should check craigslist for your items-- a good friend of mine was robbed at gunpoint while walking down state street in santa barbara. She worked the closing shift at Borders so it was not as populated as it usually is. Anyway, they stole her bookbag, which had so many valuables in it-- her laptop, cell phone, wallet w/ cc's, ipod, etc.. She found her exact bookbag being sold in SB on craigslist, and found all of her other items being sold by the same seller. She told the officer with whom she filed the police report, and they scheduled a time to meet him to pick up the "purchases" she had made. The police showed up instead and got him...
                                      I know it seems futile but there is hope of these evil people being caught. I'm glad you and your honey are safe, my prayers go out to you!!
                                      <3 Chloe

Comment

Sorry Matt- but glad you are both OK
                                        Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Glad you guys are going to be ok. Sorry to see this happen to you guys. :squeeze:
                                          1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X