This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Insomnia, anyone?

Those look really cute, knittingknerd! My only concern is I think my puppies would eat it, lol!.. They LOVE stuffed animals.
    <3 Chloe

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
      I hope PETA doesn't give you a call..:lol:

Chad

:lol::clap::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
      Har har har

Comment

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
        I have super bad nightmares about once a week to once a month. Like so bad they rattle me for the night and I can't go back to bed without repeating the dream. But I hate sleep aides because they don't allow me to dream. Bad.
        me too. I had slight insomnia friday night. I manged to fall asleep, but woke up about an hour later after having the most vivid nightmare. I didn't want to go back to sleep after that. Last night the nightmare was still bothering me so I finally looked it up in the dream book. Everything in it basically said I was feeling tense or stressed...yeah, i know that. :lol:

I told my co-worker my nightmare and she said I should make a movie about it....yeah, I just want it to forget about it.

when my insomnia gets really bad I can't sleep at all. I feel really tired, but when I try to sleep I get wide awake. It sucks. It's been a while since it's been really bad though.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
          I try to think about something non-stressful. Disneyland usually works! In my head, I'll walk through the entire park (if necessary, but I usually only get down Main Street). Be detailed: through the turnstiles, past the tunnel...

Go to your happy place.
          I totally do this, too, how funny!
          A signature should go here.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
            I hope PETA doesn't give you a call..:lol:

Chad
            Dude! I had him in my class before the sadness (these bears are used for kids with sensory issues) and when I stuck him in the microwave I always felt kinda' bad because it's kinda' twisted.

Chloe- they're too heavy for my dogs to take and the smell kinda'... I let Pearl take a big sniff and she didn't like it.

Scuba-okay I am glad I am not the only grown up with bad nightmares. I had one Friday night that... oh my gosh! Think vacation, then being kidnapped, and being told I am going to be buried alive. I couldn't sleep...

Comment

I do the counting thing. I start from 100 and move backward. It's not like at the dentist or doctor where they instruct you to do that and you're asleep by 98. But it calms me down enough where I can relax.

I had a bout about two weeks ago where I was waking up exactly two hours before my alarm was set to go off. It was the most infuriating thing. What I ended up doing was I ran myself ragged one day, slept most of the day the next, then the next full day when I went to sleep, I stayed asleep the whole night. I didn't try for that pattern, life just made it work like that. But it seemed to help. :lol:

I can't stand the taste of warm milk, but hot cocoa made with milk ALWAYS makes me sleepy. I can never make it halfway through a cup before my eyelids are heavy.

Good luck curing this thing!
              "But every night, when it gets dark
              and the stars come out,
              I'll look up on her behalf.
              I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

Thanks guys... last night was rough again :/... I have a doctors apppointment next week so if I'm still not sleeping by then, I'll bring it up and see what she says.. The problem is that I am tired during the day, and wide awake when I am trying to sleep.. In really is frustrating.. and when I get home from class/work, I am sooo tempted to take a nap, but am worried that if I do, I'll get EVEN lesss sleep... What I need is a nice long day at Disneyland to tire me out.. or any kind of vacay for that matter-- when I'm not at school, I'm at "work" (spend most of the time on micechat... office jobs are boring!!)
                <3 Chloe

Comment

I'm in the same boat QV, I feel for ya
                  HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
                  "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Comment

Melatonin .... look it up
                    it works for me

Comment

Melatonin works for me too.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                        Melatonin works for me too.
                        My son takes it, it works like a dream. he has to, being autistic there is a disruption in his sleep patterns. I give it to him when he can not sleep and only then. mom takes it and has for years, it works for her to.

Comment

I need to look into Melatonin.
                          HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
                          "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Comment

Originally posted by frecky View Post
                            Reading helps me sleep...

most of the time.

Is 'passed out' the same as sleeping?
                            Originally posted by Grumpee
                            I only care for Disney bling!

Comment

QV - I make a big cup of tea with.. I usually use this stuff called Tension Tamer Extra.. it's an adults only tea, even though it doesn't have anything drugish in it. It REALLY calms me down and makes me sleepy. I also keep a heating pad next to my night stand that's already plugged in. Nothing puts me back to sleep like a heating pad on low under my back. Mmm.. I'm getting all cozy just thinking about it!

Also, maybe try some new pillows... I know I used to wake up and couldn't go back to sleep becasue my neck was hurting or the pillow wasn't squishing right.. look into getting one of these.. they're latex pillows (hopefully you're not allergic!) and they are FANTASTIC. I'm a girl who likes fluffy, cozy, great quality bed things and this pillow is my favorite - hands down. Plus, they're anti-microbial and they resist dustmites, just incase allergies are contributing to your wake-ups.

Hope you feel better!
                              Last edited by Missviolet; 10-02-2007, 11:33 AM.

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Comment

I was diagnosed with true insomnia 7 years ago (meaning it isn't a tempory thing). Chamomile tea works wonders. If you're taking any meds be sure some of the sleepy time teas don't have ingredients that might be contraindicated, like St John's Wort. Another thing I learned is to use your bedroom for sleep only, no staying awake on the computer or watching TV. Don't watch TV or use the computer for at least one hour before going to bed because it keeps your mind active.

Hope this resolves itself quickly!

Comment

Oooh.. I love tea.. I'll have to try that out, MV!
                                  Melatonin has never worked for me-- unsure why..
                                  <3 Chloe

Comment

Originally posted by Duck44 View Post
                                    Is 'passed out' the same as sleeping?

If at work make sure everyone says you are sleeping.

Comment

I think I've got a slight case of Insomnia.. I can never fall asleep before 2am.
                                      Growing older is manditory
                                      Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Ok, so I took the plunge and took an hour nap this afternoon when I got home from work. I feel nice and relaxed. Hopefully, it won't hinder tonight's sleep..
                                        <3 Chloe

Comment

Originally posted by QuietViolet View Post
                                          Oooh.. I love tea.. I'll have to try that out, MV!
                                          Melatonin has never worked for me-- unsure why..
                                          could be its not high enough of a dose. some people need 2 MG's sopme 5 my mom takes 7 Mg

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X