This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmares

I know we already have a dreams thread, but I want to know about your nightmares. Do you have them often? Do they have a similar theme or recurring concept? Are they realistic or totally out there?

Here are my 2 most recent. I'd say for the better part of the last year and a half, I've been having what I call "cell phone nightmares". They're always different dreams, but in each one, there is always a dire situation where I need to use my cell phone to call and warn someone or summon help, and it doesn't work. Either it won't dial, it loses power, or I cannot dial the correct number. I'd say I have these dreams two or three times a month, sometimes more.

The other nightmares I have have to do with breaking up with or being broken up with by Anders, and trying desperately to convince him to take me back, and he just won't. Again, the circumstances always vary, but that sums it up. You don't have to be Freud to figure that one out, I know. :blush:

So tell me about your nightmares.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Re: Nightmares

My nightmares always involve either elevators or vomit :yuck:

Comment

My most recent one , though it was in between a dream and a nightmare, was this:

I had to get my two exchange students from last summer and my daughter to school on time. One of my exchange students didn't want to ride in the car and he didn't want to walk either . He wanted to fly in a private jet even though the school is only 3 miles away. The pilot said the price was $300 per student. I said "If I'm going to pay that price , then my daughter and I would like to fly too and we'd like an hour tour in the sky of the town." Then he said that our price would be $450 each because we're locals! I was trying to negotiate the price down and that;s when my German exchange student who's living with me now woke me up and said "Excuse me, it's time to take me to school" because I had overslept!:lol:

Comment

I don't have these often but I have nightmares where something bad is happening and I need to scream but I can't. I guess I work so hard in my dream to scream that I end up screaming in my sleep and Mr. LL has to wake me up. I usually have this type of nightmare when I'm under a lot of stress.

I also have nightmares where no one will believe me when I'm telling them something bad is happening. I'll wake up really upset from those nightmares. Unfortunately I know why I have this type of nightmare.

Comment

Well I know I've posted this before, but my nightmares typically involve my dad being physically disabled. He has REALLY messed up knee's and so he basically waddles everywhere. Running and jogging are out of the question. If there were an emergency where he needed to get out of a situation fast by running or even speed walking, he would be out of luck. In my nightmares, someone is chasing and trying to kill he and I, or there is a fire that we are trying to escape from... but the common theme is me trying to help my dad out of a situation that he can't get out of. I always wake up RIGHT before the person gets him/the fire engulfs us.... I really hate those dreams..
          <3 Chloe

Comment

Originally posted by LuvsLilo View Post
            I don't have these often but I have nightmares where something bad is happening and I need to scream but I can't. I guess I work so hard in my dream to scream that I end up screaming in my sleep and Mr. LL has to wake me up. I usually have this type of nightmare when I'm under a lot of stress.

I hate it when that happens. Those nightmares are truly terrifying because they seem so real!

Comment

I have reoccurring nightmares of either one of my kids, or nieces and nephews falling into a pool. I dive in, but can't reach them and have to return for air. At that point I always wake up sucking in wind like I've been holding my breath. I get this at least once every two weeks for the last 3 years.
              spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

Comment

My nightmares are generally of the "someone's out to get me" variety. Alone, or with Bryan or our future kids.

The most horrible nightmare I've experienced in quite a while was a year or so ago. Bryan was in it and, for some uknown reason, had a giant knife sticking out of his chest. In the nightmare we were in the apartment we had in Las Vegas. So I was trying to help him out to our car because the hospital, literally, is right across the street.

But he flat out refused. He said he didn't need any help and he'd be just fine. Afterall, it's *his* body and *he* should know whether he needs help.

FER CHRISSAKES YOU HAVE A KNIFE STICKING OUT OF YOU!

The nightmare continues. The next thing I know I'm alone in the apartment - he's dead (not in the apartment though - no body). The numbing sensation of, "He's...gone" was so real. I started to sob and sobbed myself awake.

It was so real I thought it had really happened. You know how you sometimes dream of a real thing? That's what I thought it was. So I got up to go splash water on my face when, lo and behold, he coughed in his sleep.

I think I scared him when I smothered him with kisses, "you're alive!"

:lol:
                "But every night, when it gets dark
                and the stars come out,
                I'll look up on her behalf.
                I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

I have a recurring one about a tiny garden snake that has decided it's my pet and won't leave me alone. It's like always there hovering over my shoulder or wrapping itself around my arm, leg or neck. Grosses me out! I've had this dream at least 5 times in the last two years. I think it's because I always have my hair in a pony tail and the few times I've slept with it down, my hair wraps around me and makes me dream this. Creepy, though!

When I was pregnant, I had repeated dreams of Mike leaving me or just treating me like crap and being blase about it when I confronted him. I'd wake up mad at him sometimes. They were so vivid and real.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
                  Mark Twain

Comment

Mine usually happen before Christmas.
                    Growing older is manditory
                    Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Pregnancy dreams! I remember those. Strangest dreams I ever had.
                      Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
                        Mine usually happen before Christmas.
                        :lol:

I do not have them, or do and do not remember them. I dream about flying a lot, or trying to escape, but nothing major and even then they do not bother me.
                        I rarely ever remember my dreams

Comment

Nope, never do.
                          1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

I never remember my nightmares...I just wake up feeling terrified.

Comment

I haven't had nightmares in a long time. I must be in a comfort zone right now.
                              In fact, I don't even know what I dreamt last night.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X