Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pic of My Character Constructed from Parts of Disney Chars. - Guess Which Ones :)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• animagusurreal
    replied
    Re: Pic of My Character Constructed from Parts of Disney Chars. - Guess Which Ones

Originally posted by Tui View Post
    So you actually went through the process and paperwork of copywriting the character?
    The character is part of a graphic novel I'm working on, which is copyrighted on paper. This is not the first thing I've ever had officially copyrighted, either.

Just so you know, though - from my understanding, legally, a creative work is copyrighted to its creator as soon as it's created. It just helps to have the official registration to prove it.

Just curious why this is of interest to you. You're not planning to do an unauthorized graphic novel or animated film about my Ballad, are you? <j/k> .
    Last edited by animagusurreal; 10-08-2007, 12:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tui
    replied
    Re: Pic of My Character Constructed from Parts of Disney Chars. - Guess Which Ones

Originally posted by animagusurreal View Post

The character of Ballad is very, very much copyright me .
    So you actually went through the process and paperwork of copywriting the character?

Leave a comment:

• animagusurreal
    replied
    The Answers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are the answers. Guessing may continue, but no peeking if you still plan to guess! .

(Well, I've tried everything, and this spoiler block is still divided at the beginning. It's supposed to all be one block. I tried dividing it someplace that would make more sense in case the problem was length, but it still splits it there. ???)

Spoiler
    HEAD, MANE, TAIL, PAW and BODY SHAPE (including puffy sleeves and pants
    Spoiler
    (a.k.a. trousers)) - SIMBA from THE LION KING (guessed by Mickey'sGirl, knittingknerd, and mouseinphilly.)

EYES, EYE-SURROUNDING AREA, BEAK and TALON - MARAHUTE (the eagle) from THE RESCUERS DOWN UNDER (guessed by Mickey'sGirl and knittingknerd)

EARS - STITCH from LILO AND STITCH (guessed by Mickey'sGirl)

WINGS - PEGASUS from HERCULES

HAT and VEST - CUBBI GUMMI from GUMMI BEARS (TV series) (guessed by knittingknerd).

BOOTS - CAVIN from GUMMI BEARS (TV series) - bonus points for this one, this is the impossible to guess one. Those boots look like they could have come from anything! I was going to use boots from Prince Eric or Snow White's Prince, but I couldn't find any good shots of their boots.

BACKDROP - THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME (guessed by Joshrzmeup)

Please note that I did mention in my original post that some of the parts had been edited, particularly the color (for example, I didn't want him to have blue Stitch ears on top of his tawny Simba head, so I made the ears tawny too.)

Apologies if I missed mentioning anyone's already posted correct guesses. Just let me know and I'll add them
    Last edited by animagusurreal; 10-07-2007, 08:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• animagusurreal
    replied

^

In my original post, I included links to two pictures that I myself drew of my original character long before I ever thought of seeing what he would look like if he was made of pieces of Disney characters.

The character of Ballad is very, very much copyright me .

Originally posted by aimster View Post
    That pic is scary.
    How so?

Leave a comment:

• Tui
    replied

Originally posted by animagusurreal View Post
    Ballad is copyright me, Disney characters are (obviously) copyright Disney.
    How did you manage to get a copyright on a character that is made up of already copywritten characters?

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

That pic is scary.

Leave a comment:

• Joshrzmeup
    replied

The backdrop is from The Hunchback of Notre Dame, as you can see Belle reading if you look where the second 'a' in ballad is.

Leave a comment:

• mouseinphilly
    replied

The hat's from Donald. The wings are Zazu, the left paw is Simba's.

That's all I can get.

Leave a comment:

• animagusurreal
    replied

As with Mickey'sGirl, three of those are the right characters, knittingknerd - well done

I'll post the full answers tomorrow (Sunday) in spoiler tags.

Leave a comment:

• knittingknerd
    replied

Here's my guess:
    Simba (the tail)
    Beast
    Cubbie from Gummy Bears
    Someone from Gargoyles (the hand... maybe Goliath.)
    The eagle from Rescuers Down Under...
    Something from Treasure planet

Totally guessing right now.

Leave a comment:

• animagusurreal
    replied

^

Very good - three of those are right . I'll PM you which ones.

Here are some hints, BTW:

There are parts from 6 characters in here. Some characters have more than one part. The background is from a movie that doesn't have any of those 6 characters in it. 2 characters are from a Disney animated TV series rather than a movie, and one of those is the hardest one to guess (I wouldn't be able to if I didn't know).
    Last edited by animagusurreal; 10-06-2007, 10:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mickey'sGirl
    replied

lets see

Marajute
    Beast
    Lord Ratcliff
    Simba
    Stich
    John Smith
    Robin Hood???

Thats my guess.

Leave a comment:

• Pic of My Character Constructed from Parts of Disney Chars. - Guess Which Ones :)

Just for fun, I made a Photoshop picture of my character Ballad Quill, the gryphon musician, constructed out of pieces of various Disney characters like some sort of celluliod Frankenstein .

See if you can guess which parts came from which characters (and which film the backdrop came from). Later, I'll post the answers.

These were my self-imposed rules for creating this picture:

1) Disney characters only. No non-Disney animated films or TV series.

2) Hand-drawn 2D animated characters only.

3) Genuine Disney artwork only (from screenshots, promotional materials, etc.). No fan art.

While I initally set out not to edit the original parts at all, that quickly proved impossible. Still, I tried to keep it to a minimum. The thing that was most edited was color (using Photoshop's "Hue/Saturation" adjustment.)
    My biggest concession was that at-a-painfully-wrong-angle talon (Ballad's right "hand"). It wasn't easy finding good shots of that talon.

Ballad is copyright me, Disney characters are (obviously) copyright Disney.

Here are a couple pics of what Ballad looks like when I draw him:

http://animagusurreal.deviantart.com...-quot-54595554

http://animagusurreal.deviantart.com...yphon-45045749

I know there are some other artist/writers out there with characters of their own. Anybody else care to try their hand at this? (You don't have to follow my self-imposed rules - you can make up your own )

If you've got an original picture of your character, please post that as well, so we can see what they usually look like.
    Last edited by animagusurreal; 10-06-2007, 09:26 PM.

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X