Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trip report!!!!OK, you asked for it The Tassies 3 month adventure!!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garbear
    replied
    Re: Trip report!!!!OK, you asked for it The Tassies 3 month adventure!!!

Originally posted by tassie View Post
    yep!!! OURS!!!:lol::lol::lol:

and you guys need to catch up with our modern times and get METRIC!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Think you got yours a little mixed up. I'm sure you ment to say we drive, on the right side of the rode! :lol::lol:

Leave a comment:

• tassie
    replied

Originally posted by garbear View Post
    I seen this picture and your caption for it, HAHA! Just think how many people from the us are saying that when they get back! haha is there an actual right side of the rode?
    yep!!! OURS!!!:lol::lol::lol:

and you guys need to catch up with our modern times and get METRIC!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Leave a comment:

• garbear
    replied

back to the CORRECT siode of the road!!

I seen this picture and your caption for it, HAHA! Just think how many people from the us are saying that when they get back! haha is there an actual right side of the rode?

Leave a comment:

• NeverNeverland
    replied

Awwww!!!
    Thanks Kathy! It was great to read!

Leave a comment:

• QuietViolet
    replied

What a thorough and fantastic report! I really enjoyed reading it, thanks for sharing it with us, tassie

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

kathy I LOVED THIS REPORT

this ahs got to eb the best TRIP report i have ever read

well done my friend
    and thanks for sharing with everyone

Leave a comment:

• tassie
    replied
    THE
    END

Leave a comment:

• tassie
    replied

can you believe that's IT!!!!
    we left at around 7.30pm that night

the sign says LAX

after flying all night, it was a quick stop in nadi fiji, and would you believe, that for us to get out of the airport for a few nights would have been an extra $500 PER PERSON added to the flight?!?! no more free stopovers!!
    it was about 5am and stinking hot!! already over 80f and about 200% humidity.........back to summer!!

after a couple of hours, it was back on the plane

when the kids got back on the plane they were fighting over the window, so the cabin crew said whoever sits on the isle gets to sit in the pilots seat

see the yellow signs?? back to the modern world of metric!!:lol:

then it was a couple of nights in aukland

back to the CORRECT siode of the road!!

then we are back home again in sunny, hot Queensland

Leave a comment:

• tassie
    replied

next day was our last day, and we got to spend it with my favouriet person ginarella. she met us for breakfast

she gave the kids a thrill by taking them into the parking structure and into DTD

ever seen harbor blvd this quiet?? and on a saturday??

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

How you get both kids to pose with Barry Bonds?)

Great family shots tassie. Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• tassie
    replied

next morning was breakfast with lilo and stitch. I think this was only a couple of days before we left to come home.

later that day i got to see my brother. he lives on boulder co, and this is the ONLY time in the three months that i could meet up with him. when we were driving across the counrty and were only an hour from him, he was in China!! he came out to Ca to take a panama canal cruise. i understand that he's busy, but i haven't seen him in years. the last twice i saw him was at our parent's funeral. He had never seen my kids. My micechat family were more open and welcomeing than my own brother he spent 15 minutes with us

my sis in law

Leave a comment:

• tassie
    replied

I think i forgot to say that we stayed at the del sol this time, and it was OK, nothing to complain about. they did in fact go above and beyond by letting us in our room at like 10am, and then storing our stuff, as well as finding us a way back to LAX..... man did we have some luggage!!! enough for about 10 people!!

next a day at universal. we were supposed to meet ginarella, but she wasn't well
    poor kid being shoved at dora!

I know I'm a bad mother, but jr mr tassie LOVES jaws

he was soooo excited to be going on the trolley tour

good shot... well i think it is!

from back to the future

these dancing cars are from the fast and the furious tokyo drift
    they do a dance set to music

the flood

the subway earthquake

some homes on wisteria lane

I thought this was funny, and just a prop

the grinch

the war of the worlds

lunch!
    see I should have tried a pretzel!!

on to the lower area. you can't really see it, but it's the WB buildings and the water tower...... "they lock us in the tower, whenever we get caught" animainiacs fans!

all of a sudden we see movement below!! real, for true life DEER!!! there were three, but i was so excited i only got a pic of this one... no we don't have deer here either!!
    I guess that explains the deer crossing sign!!

poor kid!! no-one else wanted to be in the pic, so she had to do the bunny ears gthing to herself...
    Funny thing is that jr mr tassie has seen jurrasic park since we came home and LOVES it!! he wouldn't even go on the ride!!

big, isn't he???

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

that's an AWESOME plan!!!!:lol::lol::lol:
    I know:lol::lol: the husbands would sure apreciate us after that week :lol:

Leave a comment:

• tassie
    replied

Originally posted by kelly View Post
    The keyb here is kathy.. MIKE AND WAYNE WATCH THE KIDS (and brittany would help) he he he

you and i go to a hotel and enjoy OURSELVES:yea:
    that's an AWESOME plan!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Kelly, your too sweet. the kids might be grown by the time we get back!!:lol::lol:

imagine our 4 together all day for a week?!?! I think we'd all need a holiday after that!!:lol:

The keyb here is kathy.. MIKE AND WAYNE WATCH THE KIDS (and brittany would help) he he he

you and i go to a hotel and enjoy OURSELVES:yea:

Leave a comment:

• tassie
    replied

Kathy of course you guys can stay here. might be a bit cramped but we would make do.. so NEXT TIME STAY WITH US AT THE HOUSE OK
    Kelly, your too sweet. the kids might be grown by the time we get back!!:lol::lol:

imagine our 4 together all day for a week?!?! I think we'd all need a holiday after that!!:lol:

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Kathy of course you guys can stay here. might be a bit cramped but we would make do.. so NEXT TIME STAY WITH US AT THE HOUSE OK

Leave a comment:

• tassie
    replied

Originally posted by DizDee View Post
    YOWZERS! What an awesome road trip! :thumbup:

Sorry about your Enterprise trouble.
    I swear, just about every rental car company sux in the customer service dept. :verymad:

Some day, I'd :love: to road trip your whole "down under"! :lol:

(Ya know, after re reading that, it didn't come out quite right, but you know what I mean, right?) :blush:
    yeah, I know what ya mean LOL LOL
    If anyone ever gets the chance to get down here, i'd love to show you my world!!

since out trouble with enterprise, everyone we tell seems to have either had, or knows someone that had trouble with them

Bye vegas
    kelly, got any spare room?? next time we'll stay with you guys, that way we can stay a week LOL LOL:lol:

Originally posted by QuietViolet View Post
    Loving the seaworld pics, tass... this TR is just great!
    thanks!!

Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
    Yah that sounds like the homeless in SF. They are trying to do something about them, but no one has developed a good plan yet.

Btw Tassie, I don't know if you know it or not, but you took this picture in UN Plaza. The buildings you were standing next to was the first UN before it moved to New York. (That's SF City Hall in the background)

Awesome trip report. Thank you so very much for sharing.
    no, I didn't know that! thanks for sharing! If anyone has any other info about any of the pics, i'd love to hear it!!

I have two brothers, one lives in the US, the other in the house we grew up in. Both went to work on the alaskan pipeline way back in the 70s. Both were based at ft mcmurray. My older brother went on to great success, and now lives in boulder co, the younger one got home sick and came home, then realised what he was missing, and tried to go back. he had a stop in hawaii and spent too much money, so canada wouldn't let him in, so he ended up in sf where he stayed for about 5 years. He was married in that city hall and lived in a hotel on market st

Leave a comment:

• OogieBoogie
    replied

Yah that sounds like the homeless in SF. They are trying to do something about them, but no one has developed a good plan yet.

Btw Tassie, I don't know if you know it or not, but you took this picture in UN Plaza. The buildings you were standing next to was the first UN before it moved to New York. (That's SF City Hall in the background)

Awesome trip report. Thank you so very much for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Kathy I love sea world miss it so much (since we moved to vegas) thanks for sharing my friend.. keep 'em coming

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X