X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garbear
    replied
    Re: Nick Hogan crash update

CLEARWATER, Fla. - Wrestler Hulk Hogan's son turned himself in Wednesday on charges stemming from a street-racing crash this summer that critically injured a passenger in his car, police said.
    Nick Bollea, 17, was arrested on charges of reckless driving involving serious bodily injury, Clearwater police spokeswoman Elizabeth Daly-Watts said. He arrived at the Pinellas County Jail handcuffed and accompanied by two police officers, The Tampa Tribune reported.
    "Because Nick is still a juvenile and has no prior criminal record, we are disappointed that he is being charged as an adult offender. However, we are confident that the evidence will demonstrate that this was an accident," family spokesman Adam Handelsman said in a written statement.
    The statement also sought to discredit reports that Bollea caused the crash by driving fast, saying preliminary expert reports indicated that it was not a high-speed accident.
    Police said Bollea was racing his father's 1998 Toyota Supra against a Dodge Viper on Aug. 26 when the car Bollea was driving struck a curb, spun across two lanes of traffic and slammed rear-end first into a palm tree. His passenger, John Graziano, was critically injured.
    Graziano, 22, suffered a broken skull and has been comatose at Bayfront Medical Center, according to medical professionals who examined him and submitted reports on his condition to court.
    In addition to the reckless driving charge, authorities cited Bollea for using a motor vehicle in commission of a felony, being a driver under 21 while operating a vehicle with a breath-alcohol level of .02 percent or higher and having illegal window tinting. The blood-alcohol level at which Florida law presumes a driver to be impaired is .08 percent.
    "Nick will meet and answer these charges in the appropriate arena a court of law," attorneys Sandy Weinberg Jr. and Kevin Hayslett said a statement released on their client's behalf.
    The Viper's driver, 22-year-old Daniel Jacobs, did not directly cause the crash but was summoned to court for a reckless driving charge.
    Hulk Hogan picked up his son from the jail after a brief news conference.

http://omg.yahoo.com/hulk-hogans-son...rash/news/3793

Thats what yahoo said.

Leave a comment:

• pratt55
    replied

A week or so ago right after a big Vegas car show Polaroid dropped him from their drifting team. This was before the criminal charges were announced.

Leave a comment:

• knittingknerd
    replied

The guy is a spoiled kid who was given too many privilages too fast without accepting the responsibilities that come with those.

Leave a comment:

• BFJen
    replied

http://www.tmz.com/2007/11/07/hogan-...g-a-seat-belt/

I love this one - Hogan is saying that this never would have happened if John Graziano (?) the passenger had been wearing a seat belt.

Um, yeah, and this never would have happened if you hadn't been drinking and driving, or racing, etc., etc., etc.

Leave a comment:

• BFJen
    replied

A warrant has been issued for his arrest - and he had been drinking at the time of the crash - this kid is going to be in some big trouble.

http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/...release_wm.pdf

Leave a comment:

• nbodyhome
    replied

Originally posted by Missviolet View Post
    I don't understand why that kid is still driving... why does he still have his licence?
    I don't understand why he isn't in jail, let alone without a license. It is stunning to me that Polaroid would sponsor him.

Leave a comment:

• Missviolet
    replied

I don't understand why that kid is still driving... why does he still have his licence?

Leave a comment:

• pratt55
    replied

I am not sure he has really learned from this and the fact that Polaroid is now sponsoring his 'Drift Team' stuns me. http://www.hogandrift.com/

You can read his blog here: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=321027024

Sorry but I think the kid needs to spend a little time behind bars or at a minimum confined in a vegatative state for six months. Maybe then he might have learned a lesson. Professionals do not drag race down the streets, they save it for the tracks.

Leave a comment:

• PinBrian
    replied

Originally posted by Master Gracie View Post
    . . . glad your not my mom

Nick is a pro drifter and racer . . . its not illegal, so what if he got a car at 15? It's not like he was racing and drifting at 15 who cares? Terry and Linda seem to be harder on Brooke than Nick, but they def don't sit around and turn a blind eye to what their children are doing (and thats just from watching the show) Nick obviously isn't throwin his hands up in the air and laughing about this. You want the harshest punishment for him, well i think he's going through it right now, knowing that his best friend will never be the same because of him.
    He is a pro in name only. A REAL pro race car (or drifter) does NOT do those things on the street. He is very much immature. This is not his only run-in with the law for being an idiot either. I do know he was quoted in some mag about being let go for being clocked at well over 100mph. He obviously did not learn from that. It makes me wonder if he will pick something up from this. (Hopefully he does.)

Leave a comment:

• Disney Wrassler
    replied

Exactly. Like I said in a thread in the debate lounge about street racers, if they do it at a local drag strip and what not, I'm cool with it. Drag Strips do let people race their cars there.

But if they do it on the public streets, regardless of if they are closed, opened, in the country, in the city, etc., I am definatly not up for it at all. We don't need idiots like them killing, and seriously hurting, innocent people. I can't understand why people who street race are so thoughtless and inconsiderate towards the other people they share the road with.

Leave a comment:

• knittingknerd
    replied

See then... it changes everything. If he was doing the responsible thing, on a track yeah. But I am now guessing this was just on some street where it wasn't regulated. That's... dude...

Leave a comment:

• Disney Wrassler
    replied

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Was this car crash in a special track or was it on the street?
    Must have been on the street because he hit a tree. I've never seen trees in race tracks before.

Leave a comment:

• QuietViolet
    replied

I believe it was on the street in a construction zone none the less.... right?

Leave a comment:

• knittingknerd
    replied

Was this car crash in a special track or was it on the street?

Leave a comment:

• QuietViolet
    replied

It's just a terrible situation all around... I mean, c'mon guys it was his close friend. I'm sure he FEELS terrible for ruining his friends life.. he's not a heartless monster. A crime was commited and that needs to be addressed by the authorities, and he was being careless and stupid for racing.... He deserves to be handed the law and I'm sure he'll face whats coming to him....

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

Hey he should be punished big time but i'm sure he had no intention of doing this, i don't know him personally, and i certainly don't like him, but i'm not about to give the guy the death penalty or anything, he needs to be 100x more responsible and he should have his license taken away, then maybe he'll learn something.

No one is suggesting death penalty. He's lucky the kid didn't die because involuntary manslaughter with criminal negligence would be a stiff sentence. It's just now his friend is permanently disabled or so they say. There has to be jail time because a big fine to the Hogans is like a parking ticket to you or I.

What's more interesting to me is whether there will be a civil lawsuit against the Hogans. We'll see how deep that friendship is when someone's stupidity causes permanent paralysis.

Leave a comment:

• Maverick
    replied

Hey he should be punished big time but i'm sure he had no intention of doing this, i don't know him personally, and i certainly don't like him, but i'm not about to give the guy the death penalty or anything, he needs to be 100x more responsible and he should have his license taken away, then maybe he'll learn something.

Leave a comment:

• draybook
    replied

He didn't get a "car" at the age of 15, he got a TT Supra. Huge difference.

Leave a comment:

• knittingknerd
    replied

Originally posted by aashee View Post
    OK. He feels bad, no sense in having a silly old trial.
    Thank you! MG if it were your kid that was the victim I'm sure you'd feel differently.

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

. . . glad your not my mom

Nick is a pro drifter and racer . . . its not illegal, so what if he got a car at 15? It's not like he was racing and drifting at 15 who cares? Terry and Linda seem to be harder on Brooke than Nick, but they def don't sit around and turn a blind eye to what their children are doing (and thats just from watching the show) Nick obviously isn't throwin his hands up in the air and laughing about this. You want the harshest punishment for him, well i think he's going through it right now, knowing that his best friend will never be the same because of him.

OK. He feels bad, no sense in having a silly old trial.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X