This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you a hugger?

I was sitting here thinking (scary thought) that when people meet for the first time at meets or the like, do you hug, shake hands, what?

I tend to be a hugger, especially if I have had a lot of interraction with people on the boards, but I know that not everyone is like that. So what are you? Do you hug? Nod your head? Shake hands?

Does it make you uncomfortable when others hug you? What do you think?

Re: Are you a hugger?

Pre-J I was not. But then I got into a work environment where everyone was really close and now I am. If I know you I hug you. I hugged someone yesterday!

Comment

I'm a hugger! I hug and love to be hugged... a handshake is nice but to me it makes things awkward... I've never been to a meet, but when I do-- watch out!!
      <3 Chloe

Comment

Depends on the person. If it's someone I feel close to from the boards they get hugged. If I don't know you at all and you try to hug me I'll be a little freaked out.

Comment

Never been to a meet but........
          I just go with what the other person does.
          Such as they reach out to shake my hand ill just shake theres back.
          They want a hug. Ill hug back.
          Hugs make things less awkward, and the person seems more friendly.
          Har har har

Comment

Hugs for all!
            Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
            it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Summer I'm like you. If I know you I'll hug you. Especially if it's someone I've gotten to know on the boards (ask Xharryb...he had no choice but to hug me in Jan).

Otherwise, I'm not one to initiate random hugs with people I don't know.
              Katie :yea:
              Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
              :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

At meets I shake hands when meeting someone for the first time. I give a full or a one arm hug to everyone I know and feel comfortable with. That is with the exception of MaryAnn in Wnderlnd's husband. We have our own special way of greeting each other.:whistling
                Last edited by Skywaygrl; 10-11-2007, 04:29 PM.

Comment

[raises hand] I'm a hugger, but find that I frequently hold back in order to keep from "violating" someone's space and making them feel unduly uncomfortable.

Comment

I'm Italian, we hug.
                    But there are times where it's a strong hand shake instead.

Comment

Whatever!
                      Originally posted by Aristocat
                      I miss David.
                      Originally posted by Ginarella
                      All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

Comment

Originally posted by cal4iri View Post
                        I'm Italian, we hug.
                        I KNEW there was a reason I liked you!!!
                        I hug; there are some people I hug at work... hugs around I would like to say. But I know that there are some who feel that violates there space or need to feel a little more comfortable first. Let's set up signals.... If a overly curvy blonde stranger comes up to you and you don't want a hug; hold out your hand for a handshake. I will respect that.
                        Sue B

Math Geek of Randomness

Comment

I hug all. the. time.

I even hug my best friend who I see everyday.

I didn't used to be though--I have a friend named Lori who is a natural born hugger and she broke me in.

Last weekend, I met OlympicNut's boyfriend for the first time and I went for a handshake, and he reached for a hug, so I said something stupid like, "I guess we're doing this!" And we hugged forever. :lol: He's adorable.

Edited to add: I'm also somewhat of a kisser, a cuddler, a lapsitter, a handholder......

Comment

I am not a hugger. I am not a snuggler.
                            All except for my son- who probably hates me cause I love to squish him. And my nephew and Neice, them too. But not as much as my son. My family is split like this. there are total non-snugglers like myself and total snuggle huggy peeople. There are no in betweens
                            Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I've never been to a meet but..

Originally posted by cal4iri View Post
                              I'm Italian, we hug.
                              you took the words right out of my mouth. Of course i won't hug you if you're a complete stranger, say i have never seen you on the boards. But if i have beware! :lol: I think anything but a hug makes things kinda awkward.

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
                              "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

Comment

Whenver I make it to a meet, I'll be hugging those who I talk with on a frequent basis.

Others I know in passing will get a handshake.

Those I have no clue even existed will get a headnod.

But I gotta get a Fishy hug even though I've never really chatted with him.

Outside MiceChat it's kind of the same. If I know the person, I'll hug in greeting. But if I'm just meeting the person, it's a handshake.
                                "But every night, when it gets dark
                                and the stars come out,
                                I'll look up on her behalf.
                                I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

I am a natural hugger. ha. If i've known you for a long time you get a hug. If I've just met you, its a handshake, but hang out with me enough and its hugtime for you!

Really, i'm just like that guy in the DMB video(i think it was DMB) that all he wants is a hug.
                                  STACIE and YODA-Dland partners for life

And, I , I close my eyes
                                  And, I kiss that frog
                                  Each time finding
                                  The more boys I meet the more I love my dog

Who'd'ya think you're kiddin'
                                  He's the Earth and heaven to you

Comment

I was raised by a German mom, so sadly, we are all not spontaneous huggers. I can admit that is does make me somewhat uncomfortable. So unless I really know you well, hugs are rare.

Comment

I don't know why but I am SOOOOOOO not a hugger. UNLESS, I a)know the person fairly well and we like eachother and / or b)The person who is doing the hugging is scincere and not just hugging out of obligation or being fake.....

But even under those two conditions I still don't like to hug much. Dunno Why. Yesterday a volunteer who works at my church came and and put it perfectly. She said, "Is it a huggy kind of day?" and I said "sure!" and allowed her to hug me. She was just being friendly but I appreciated that she asked. She doesn't even know I don't like to hug.

I hate it when parents will force their children to hug relatives or kiss relatives on the cheek. Some kids are just creeped out by touching strangers, and I guess some adults are, too. Creeped out is a bad phrase. Just plain old uncomfortable I suppose.

Ok, now I sound majorly grouchy, but I wanted to be honest!

Comment

i never used to be a hugger, but I got used to it. It still depends though....

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X