Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Want Candy !!! (and not the song by Bow Wow Wow)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Want Candy !!! (and not the song by Bow Wow Wow)

So what's your favorite Halloween candy? What do you usually give out for Halloween treats? For you parents of little trick or treaters out there, do you let your kids have the candy?
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Re: I Want Candy !!! (and not the song by Bow Wow Wow)

Favorite candy to get during Halloween, i really enjoy those caramel apple pops. They are so good! I like to pass out M&Ms to the little ones. ANd when i have kids in the future of course they get to have the candy. Thats the whole point at the end of the night lots and lots of candy.
    STACIE and YODA-Dland partners for life

And, I , I close my eyes
    And, I kiss that frog
    Each time finding
    The more boys I meet the more I love my dog

Who'd'ya think you're kiddin'
    He's the Earth and heaven to you

Comment

I love the mini Charleston Chews!
      Oh, and of course candy corn.

Comment

Dots was the most coveted by my sister and i in our candy plundering days.
        We'll probably give out cheap candy this year, but i think we all have to work on alloween night anyways
        Is this haunted signature
        actually
        stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
        Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
        also known as...
        Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

I like Snickers, Milky Ways, and Reeses with caramel. I buy a few packages for me and put them around the house, but never near where I hang out so that way I have to get up. Or what I did last year was put them on a candy dish at the hutch at the end of my bed, so if I wanted a Hershey's kiss I had to do a sit up. I pass out mini granola bars....

Comment

My favorite halloween candy are for sure candy corn... I also like anything white chocolate.. I have no children but will let them have their candy in the future.
            <3 Chloe

Comment

I never got the candy when I was little. My parents would take it down to the hospital first to have it x-rayed (they were a bit paranoid). Once it cleared x-ray, I could have 10 pieces from my Halloween haul, and my parents took the rest. In exchange for that, I got a $100 shopping spree from Toys R' Us.
              Growing older is manditory
              Growing up is however, optional

Comment

anything chocolate

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm chocolate

Friends for life

Comment

I pass out candy I wanted to get as a kid! candy bars, m&M's the good stuff. what kind of candy do I like. candy bars!!
                  oh and guess what I found today?? candy corn popcorn!!! 2.99 a box

Comment

I look for off the wall candy. Last year I bought something called Psycho Pops. They weren't too good.

Comment

Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
                      I never got the candy when I was little. My parents would take it down to the hospital first to have it x-rayed (they were a bit paranoid). Once it cleared x-ray, I could have 10 pieces from my Halloween haul, and my parents took the rest. In exchange for that, I got a $100 shopping spree from Toys R' Us.
                      10 pieces of candy and a $100 shopping spree. Paranoid or not, I want your parents.

I check my kids candy, but for the most part they get to keep what they get. I will say that I do throw away opened, unwrapped, and home made things. Sorry, I know that the makers probably had the best intentions, but you can't be sure. Now I'm not sure why Oogie that you only got 10 pieces, but we do regulate how much they can have at a time (i.e. they get to choose from the bucket each night after dinner.) Funny thing though, the bucket is about a quarter full still from last year.

As for good vs. bad candy, reading the posts here, what I consider bad someone else would like. For instance, someone mentioned they loved white chocolate. I can't stand white chocolate and would consider it bad candy, yet my best friend would give his right arm for a white chocolate bar. So is there any truly bad candy? Probably, but hey at least the person giving it out at least made the effort. Which brings me to a funny story, my neighbors, whom are nice, yet are very religious, despise halloween. They say it is worshipping the devil. OK, everyone has their right to believe what they want. So anyway, they are never home on Halloween. Insteed they put out a bucket with the dinner mints (you know the white/red round hard candies) with a sign that says, "Take one of these to wash the bad taste of this day out of your mouth." Oh well, at least they give out candy.
                      Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Almond Joy...Bottlecaps...Tootsie Pops (except the chocolate ones)...but really, if it's sweet and tasty, I'm game.
                        Originally posted by All4dISNEY
                        Words hurt.

Comment

My favorite Halloween candy was the peanut butter bars

I buy candy to pass out that I do not like so I will not eat any of it, usually Snickers.

As far as when our kids would go out our family doctor and dentist said that that they would rather have them eat it all at one time rather than continually having sugar so we would let them binge for the first day or two afterwards and then my husband would just take leftovers to his office so that it would get eaten.
                          sigpic

Comment

For the kids this year, I'm passing out gummy "hamburgers", Rolos, Reeses PB Cups, Reeses PB Crisps, Kit Kats. I forget what else.

I have to buy a LOT of candy for our neighborhood. The first year we lived here, we ran out and we were literally scrounging for anything to give out.

Comment

Giant candy corn (you can only get it at Sweetland Candies in Grand Rapids, MI) and Mary Janes.

Comment

Brach's Candy Corn. We sell that at the store I work out and you can smell it through the plastic bags. It really smells good and fresh. It is a sign that Fall is finally here ..

Comment

I throw out all loose candy corn, if its not in a bag, its gone. I also go thru it all with a fine tooth comb, if its home made its gone to. I am very careful, but whats funny, my kids get tired of it fast and it sits for months.
                                  I have already gotten my candy for the kids halloween party at school. I take 4 pieces and put them in baggies, each kid gets 4 pieces, and a scary gumball ( bloody eyeball candy. the kids one year got sticky eye balls, they went wild over them.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
                                    Brach's Candy Corn. We sell that at the store I work out and you can smell it through the plastic bags. It really smells good and fresh. It is a sign that Fall is finally here ..
                                    Brach's has nothing on SwSweetland's giant candy corn. Comes in 3 flavors too (regular, chocolate & cinnamon).

Comment

I bought 3 bags of candy corn on my lunch break. I gave some to the kids and then sat back and let them watch a movie while I was eating.

Comment

I love candy corn and Twix. We usually pass out Tootsie brand stuff from the house like tootsie rolls, pops, dots, etc. We buy stuff we like because there is always extra and might as well enjoy eating the leftovers.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X