This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My laptop crashed.........again!

For the second time in one year my laptop has crashed. I have a dell and my goodness they are horrible! There support technicians or horrible at helping you they make sure its not easy. They always put you on hold for over 45 minutes, well at least they do to me.

I guess its a good thing I plan on getting a new one anyways.

Anyone else have any stories about there computers?
    Har har har

Re: My laptop crashed.........again!

I have an ibook and recently purchased an HP Pavillion Entertainment PC.... I like them both, and they have been reliable thus far.
    <3 Chloe

Comment

I have an Acer Aspire 5100 and when I first got it, it crashed twice in the span of 4 months. Total burn out crash - send it out to be fixed crashed. I was so irritated because I needed a new computer but I couldn't afford a new Mac and I was forced to get this PC.

I'm still saving up for a new Mac.

Comment

I have an HP and it has been wonderful. I got ti for a steal last year.

I do have a dell axim and yes, dell support sucks. They never stop reading their scripts. Even when they don't make sense they read it. I hate that!!

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this
          I hate dell, will never never do dell again. I had 3 dells, they sucked tomoatoes. always something wrong with them, no matter how much I spent on them. from the most expensive to the least they suck. yes you can get a good one, but you are taking chances. mom has a good one, never a problem with it, I call it a miracle machine!!!
          I have a gateway, never a days problem, I love it to death. its 3 years old and will be 4 soon, and still as fast as the day I got it.
          my next ....... a gateway !!

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
            I have an HP and it has been wonderful. I got ti for a steal last year.

I do have a dell axim and yes, dell support sucks. They never stop reading their scripts. Even when they don't make sense they read it. I hate that!!

They always have people, with a really deep accents answer. Its horrible cause then you have to have them repeat what they said and they get a big attitude with you.
            Har har har

Comment

Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
              I am so sorry to hear this
              I hate dell, will never never do dell again. I had 3 dells, they sucked tomoatoes. always something wrong with them, no matter how much I spent on them. from the most expensive to the least they suck. yes you can get a good one, but you are taking chances. mom has a good one, never a problem with it, I call it a miracle machine!!!
              I have a gateway, never a days problem, I love it to death. its 3 years old and will be 4 soon, and still as fast as the day I got it.
              my next ....... a gateway !!

Really your gateways good?
              My mom had a gateway, the charger port had a problem, and it was always slow.
              Har har har

Comment

Originally posted by garbear View Post
                They always have people, with a really deep accents answer. Its horrible cause then you have to have them repeat what they said and they get a big attitude with you.
                Garbear,

Sorry to hear about the problems with Dell. Some of their tech support is based in India, so I'm betting that is the accent you heard. Was it an "Indian" accent?

I had to call Dell when my video card died. I didn't mind talking to the guy, but there was a 10-15 second delay from the time I would speak until he replied, which made a regular conversation nearly impossible. It ended up ok though, they sent a tech out to replace the card the very next day.
                Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

Comment

Mine went berserk on me but I discovered that by pushing F12 during start up it resets itself.
                  What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

:lol: I know :lol:
                    Really your gateways good?
                    My mom had a gateway, the charger port had a problem, and it was always slow.
                    Yes, mine is awsome. my sister had a gateway, it was awsome to. like all computers you can get a lemon, I choose not to get dells lemons, I got 3 in a row, I should have gotten money, instead I went broke :lol:

Comment

Good old computers, who would we be without em!
                      Har har har

Comment

My mom has a Dell that has lasted since I was in the 7th grade!! It still has no issues... she doesn't use it for much (email, recipes, general web browsing)... but still.. Dell used to make better quality machines.
                        <3 Chloe

Comment

Originally posted by QuietViolet View Post
                          My mom has a Dell that has lasted since I was in the 7th grade!! It still has no issues... she doesn't use it for much (email, recipes, general web browsing)... but still.. Dell used to make better quality machines.

Your account says your 20 now! Does it have a color screen? haha.
                          Har har har

Comment

There is one thing that dell is good for though, and its with there warranty.
                            Har har har

Comment

Yes it has a color screen.... I think I was in 7th grade in 2000... not too long ago when you REALLY think about it.
                              <3 Chloe

Comment

My laptop makes a great screensaver seeing how thats all its good for...
                                You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

My desktop is an eMachine and my laptop is an Acer. Haven't had any problems with either.

Comment

I used to do Dell tech support back during the tech boom. Back when the tech was here in the U.S., and actually had to know something, not read a script.

Just wanted to throw some interesting info out though:

If at all possible, buy a Dell through your place of work. (Dell gives discounts to employees of their largest corporate accounts. My mom used to get a bigger discount from her employer than I did working for Dell!)

Also, by buying through a company, you don't get dumped in their "direct" support queue. You get major accounts support. I imagine now that they are alot bigger things have changed, but when I was there, we sat and waited on calls, while the direct queue had waits upwards of 3 hours.

Dell used to say that 90% of their calls were fixed over the phone. Now I don't know just how true that was, but I imagine a good portion of them are.

As far as getting a lemon, or a overall bad machine, I would chalk it up to bad luck. Even though I don't work there anymore, the company I'm will now is about 99% Dell, everything from handhelds to laptops, to desktops, to servers. And we have a very good uptime rating. Not that things don't go wrong or break. We have even had systems that came out of the box in non-working condition.

Also, many people don't realize, Dell does not manufacture anything. They "assemble". All their parts are built by other companies and just put together by Dell. Many are just re-labled as Dell. So I can't really blame Dell for bad parts. Sometimes they get a bad run of parts from the vendor. When I worked in their graphics workstation support, I saw every single card of a shipment of $300 video cards be defective from the vendor. Dell's response was to replace them with the next level (performance wise) card available on that model. Free of charge. That next level card retailed for $3k.
                                    Because of that, I will give Dell plenty of chances to make good.

And another good one is the model line. The "home user" machines, the Inspiron, Dimmension, etc, usually contain the latest, greatest technology. Tested or not. The corporate machines, lattitude, optiplex, usually are last to get the latest tech, but have been through alot more testing.

As far as my own machines, I currently have 2 Dell laptops, and neither has had a single problem yet <crosses fingers>, in the 6 months I've had them.
                                    My wife's desktop is also a Dell, and in the 6 years we've had it, it has not had any problems either. And I also have 2 old Dell servers, which have yet to give me a problem (even though they've been running pretty much 24/7 for the last 6 years in a stuffy hall closet.)

Now, as far as the kids, I build theirs myself. Dell is just way too expensive for a gaming system.

Not to try to sway anyone, I'm not a shareholder anymore.
                                    Last edited by Joe User 99; 10-13-2007, 06:22 PM.

Comment

The tech support is in India. That is why they will only read scripts and not vary from them. I hate dealing with India.

Comment

my next computer will be bought local, ( guy down the street puts them togehter and stands behind them 100% . I won't do a dell, and I do beloeve you all when you say you never had troubles, but in fact I have 3 times in a row, and my sister who spent a small fortune on hers and it crashed 2 times in the last year. She is now savign up for a noew computer, and not a dell. Talking to india is pretty bad, and I can not understand there accent.... :lol:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X