This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New way of stealing?!?! WHAT THE!

Sounds like theres a new way of stealing! Just listen you see.

My sister the most smartest person there is, left her purse in her car window half cracked. I guess she didn't think much of it being we live in a court and our neighbors have cameras that cover the whole court. Well someone I guess they must have followed her home or something or seen her somewhere they pulled up in our driveway so it looked like they were just stopping by, Someone got out of the car and started looking in her windows and she left her coach purse sitting right there on the seat, Well they people took it cause I guess it fit threw the crack some how. They took her social security card, Macys card, I think more not to sure.
    Shes only 16 and having her social security number taken!

People are really this desperate now days or what?

Anything ever stolen from you? Car broken into?
    Har har har

Re: New way of stealing?!?! WHAT THE!

Easy lesson here: Never leave ANYTHING visible in your car. Anything that can be of any value (i.e. purse, money, CDs, etc.) that can be taken out of a car can be desirable to theives. Sorry it happened to your sister, but hopefully she learned not to repeat.

Comment

Sorry to say this, but your sister doesn't sound like the smartest person to me....you should never leave your purse in a car that can be viewed from the outside, just asking for it to be stolen.
      Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
      it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Lesson learned: Don't keep your SS card anywhere it can get stolen. Let alone a purse in a car w/a half cracked window. Hope her identity doesn't get stolen as well.

I left my purse in a dressing room once. Luckily all that was stolen was my cell phone.

My car was also broken into (diffrent time), they tried to steal the stereo but it was wedged in too tight. Ha Ha. But they did steal the interns. On her first day too
        Good morning, son
        In twenty years from now
        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
        And I can tell you 'bout today
        And how I picked you up and everything changed
        It was pain
        Sunny days and rain
        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy999 View Post
          Sorry to say this, but your sister doesn't sound like the smartest person to me....you should never leave your purse in a car that can be viewed from the outside, just asking for it to be stolen.

shes a clutz. Shes really careless. I guess it goes to show what happens to careless people.

She is stupid for leaving it in there everyone tells her she doesn't listen though. But the thing that mainly gets me about this is these people actually pulled in our driveway!! But the way our house is laid out you couldn't see anyone pulling in the driveway anyways, and it happend around 12am
          Har har har

Comment

I learned a lesson similar to this the hard way. I was determined to get my license and have a car by my 16th birthday, so I saved and saved and studied my little bootie off and got my license two days after I turned 16... I bough a REALLY cheap little mazda manual egg looking car from my moms friend with my hard earned cash, and my boyfriend at the time surprised me by getting a CD player installed... the cd player was the nicest thing about this junked up car, but it was mine....
            A few months after I got the car, I was on my way to school and realised that I needed a scan tron!! (My H.S. was beautiful asthetically... nicely landscaped, great pool and gym... but MAN were they cheap in other areas I.E. we had to get our on scantrons for our tests)....
            Anyway, I went to the student store at the local JC, and left my car unlocked because I was just going to go in and out... When I came out, my car doors were open and my stereo was GONE! I couldn't believe it, I was only gone for 3 minutes max.... I never leave my car unlocked now, even if it is just an in and out situation...
            <3 Chloe

Comment

Wolfy I just re-read your post, and if I understand it right this time, I was being sarcastic when I said she was the smartest person in the world.
              Har har har

Comment

I understood completely!
                Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Ok haha. I had to make sure. I was like wait did she think I was serious? haha.
                  Har har har

Comment

My car was broken into...man it sucked...also had someone put sand and water in my gas tank...honestly what the ?!
                    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

Heh. Maybe next time she can leave a big sign in her window that says, "Free purse! Just reach in window! Full of valuables! LIMITED TIME ONLY!" She may as well go all out.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
                        Easy lesson here: Never leave ANYTHING visible in your car. Anything that can be of any value (i.e. purse, money, CDs, etc.) that can be taken out of a car can be desirable to theives. Sorry it happened to your sister, but hopefully she learned not to repeat.
                        I second this. when I leave my car, for any length of time I take everything out. in any given day I never have anything in it any ways. its very easy to break into a car, why ever take a chance having things stolen. Wne going to a motel, take everything out, do not leave one bit of luggage in the car. also if you have change in your ash tray and its open your asking for a window broke, yes just for that change.
                        One year my car window was broken, in fact 12 cars in the same lot, many of the poeple were so mad, one woman lost vital drugs one giy for the change in his cigerette ash tray, Me, I lost nothing but the window, but again that cost me some bucks. but again..... never..... ever..... put anything in your car that would give any creep out there a reason to break a windown and steal it ! even the best hiding spots are not safe.
                        One year I woke to a car alarm, 2 guys living across the street from me got there cars broke into. Both had an elaborate alarm, the one got 200 cd's stolen and a stereo system, expensive sun glasses, and some cloths. the other.. well he had hi wallet in the glove box, he had also an expensive sun glasses, cd's, an *** kicking stero that was worth more then the car, and a camera. His alarm was the one going off, and only after they drove off and there vehicle back fired. there alarm systems did not work, they were robbed, and they paid dearly. windows were smashed, and no one heard anything. and I lived in a real nice erea.
                        Moral of the story, do not.... leave anything..... in a car! they will break in for change.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzman View Post
                          Heh. Maybe next time she can leave a big sign in her window that says, "Free purse! Just reach in window! Full of valuables! LIMITED TIME ONLY!" She may as well go all out.
                          shes's 16, she learned a lesson I am sure .

Comment

When I leave my car, I put my CD holder in the glove box... and lock it. Luckily I've never had any of my cars broken into and I plan to keep it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
                              shes's 16, she learned a lesson I am sure .
                              Being sixteen isn't really any excuse. This is a very simple common sense kind of thing that even a sixteen year old can easily understand. Expensive purse full of valuables + left in plain view + open window = great big "Duh" when it gets stolen. If she was six instead of sixteen then maybe I understand, but sixteen year olds should have a little more sense than that. We do, after all, give them a license to operate a complicated and potentially dangerous machine at high speeds in public.

Comment

Isn't there that do-dad that AAA uses when you lock your keys in your car? The baddy could have used that.

Comment

Oh YEAH!!!! They do.... I locked my keys in my car once and called them and they came and unlocked it for me... that was a good day... my best friend and I decided it would be fun to ballroom dance in the parkinglot while we were waiting, and then this REALLY CUTE guy wanted to cut in and danced with me... *sigh*... lol
                                  <3 Chloe

Comment

even at 16 I knew to lock my car and not leave my purse in the car. Also, there is no need to carry your SS card with you. It's advised that you do not. I guess the lesson may have been learned.

Comment

Originally posted by QuietViolet View Post
                                      Oh YEAH!!!! They do.... I locked my keys in my car once and called them and they came and unlocked it for me... that was a good day... my best friend and I decided it would be fun to ballroom dance in the parkinglot while we were waiting, and then this REALLY CUTE guy wanted to cut in and danced with me... *sigh*... lol
                                      Yeah... I did that with my car running. AAA was great!

I used to keep my wallet in the car (when I only used a wallet and a backpack for school but when out it was just a wallet, which BTW, how did I do that? Now I carry the biggest purse ever and stuff it to the brim only to think "I need a bigger purse.") and one day I went out my stuff was gone. My dad wanted to teach me a lesson, took it and I freaked out....never did that again.

Comment

One of the nice things about living away from the city, and something I don't miss, is the police state mentality. I live in an area where most people stil leave there doors unlocked and keys in the cars.

Even still, I don't leave anything of value in the car at all (call it a hold over from living in L.A.)nothing.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X