Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Pet Peeve

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Pet Peeve

    so you have to go to the restroom, theres a line in front of you...you see a mom 2 kids and a stroller, an elderly lady with a walker..Mom is in front of the elderly woman...two stalls open..one handicapped and the other a regular stall. Mom goes to the handicapped stall and takes her whole stroller inside, leaving the elderly woman the choice of a regular stall or to wait for the handicapped stall with hand rails that she needs.

    Why do women with strollers think that it is ok to use a handicapped stall and leave a person who actually needs it to wait? I see this constantly at the park.
    Well Secluded, I see all!!!


    Disney Paranormal Society

  • #2
    Re: New Pet Peeve

    Originally posted by Old_School_Goofy View Post
    Why do women with strollers think that it is ok to use a handicapped stall and leave a person who actually needs it to wait? I see this constantly at the park.
    because their kids come before everyone. They are special, It's easier, they just don't care.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: New Pet Peeve

      Originally posted by Old_School_Goofy View Post
      Mom goes to the handicapped stall and takes her whole stroller inside, leaving the elderly woman the choice of a regular stall or to wait for the handicapped stall with hand rails that she needs.
      I've never seen that happen, but if this is true, just reading this makes me angry. Leave your big stroller outside!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: New Pet Peeve

        Originally posted by Old_School_Goofy View Post
        so you have to go to the restroom, theres a line in front of you...you see a mom 2 kids and a stroller, an elderly lady with a walker..Mom is in front of the elderly woman...two stalls open..one handicapped and the other a regular stall. Mom goes to the handicapped stall and takes her whole stroller inside, leaving the elderly woman the choice of a regular stall or to wait for the handicapped stall with hand rails that she needs.

        Why do women with strollers think that it is ok to use a handicapped stall and leave a person who actually needs it to wait? I see this constantly at the park.
        because i think it is they cant leave the other kid alone as they are too younbg
        i have done that.. but if i see an elderly lady or a handicapp person i let them go in before I do

        i do use the handicapp if i have a kid in a stroller though

        but i look around me first to see if someone else needs it first

        Friends for life

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: New Pet Peeve

          Originally posted by kelly View Post
          because i think it is they cant leave the other kid alone as they are too younbg
          i have done that.. but if i see an elderly lady or a handicapp person i let them go in before I do
          I can understand that - but only if you check if someone who deserves the handicapped stall isn't waiting (as Kelly stated she does).

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: New Pet Peeve

            Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
            I've never seen that happen, but if this is true, just reading this makes me angry. Leave your big stroller outside!
            I see it happen all the time. I never used HUGE strollers when we were out. the umbrella one fit fine in the normal stall. The rented DL stroller stayed outside the restroom.

            Also, just because you don't see someone you feel needs it doesn't mean they don't. It also doesn't mean someone will come in who needs it while you are in there...just saying....

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: New Pet Peeve

              Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
              I can understand that - but only if you check if someone who deserves the handicapped stall isn't waiting (as Kelly stated she does).
              right I alwys look around me to see if someone else needs it first.. if they do of course I let them.. they need it more than i do

              i can wait

              Friends for life

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: New Pet Peeve

                Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                I see it happen all the time. I never used HUGE strollers when we were out. the umbrella one fit fine in the normal stall. The rented DL stroller stayed outside the restroom.

                Also, just because you don't see someone you feel needs it doesn't mean they don't. It also doesn't mean someone will come in who needs it while you are in there...just saying....
                right i am talking about the umbrella strollers

                Friends for life

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: New Pet Peeve

                  Well, when you think about all the stuff that's actually on the bathroom floor in a public restroom ... do you REALLY want your baby sitting in something that's been rolling in that? Ick.

                  Personally I have never seen that, but I'm not a chick.

                  When our kids were stroller aged, we never took the stroller into the restroom.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: New Pet Peeve

                    Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                    Well, when you think about all the stuff that's actually on the bathroom floor in a public restroom ... do you REALLY want your baby sitting in something that's been rolling in that? Ick.

                    Personally I have never seen that, but I'm not a chick.

                    When our kids were stroller aged, we never took the stroller into the restroom.
                    nope ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
                    but if i have 1 in a stroller they are fine.. the other one on the potty no problem :lol:

                    Friends for life

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: New Pet Peeve

                      Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                      It also doesn't mean someone will come in who needs it while you are in there...just saying....
                      True, but I think if they weren't there before you went in, then they (elderly or handicapped) could then wait. I mean, what if it was another handicapped person in the stall. They would wait then.

                      I am in no way condoning the stroller lady and I applaud you, scubabe for using the smaller umbrella strollers.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: New Pet Peeve

                        Worse than this is when I go to the restroom and head for the handicap stall (I need it, bad knees, need the rails and higher toilet). Only to see all the stalls open except the handicap stall and out pops a teen or other young person, no cane, no crutches, just bouncing along.

                        Then there was the time I went in and out of four stalls, two were occupied, dad and the 5 or 6 year old. The 5 or 6 year old was in the handicap stall. When dad came out and saw my needs he appologized, and lectured his son. My question... Why wasn't he watching where his son went.

                        I just grin and bear it.

                        If there are no stalls available, and the HCA stall is the only one available, well, anyone should use it. But if someone doesn't need it, why take it from someone who does?

                        I saw a sign in an airport, something of the effect... If you do not need the HCA stall, please leave it for those who do. I have no gripes when it is the only stall that is available, fair game, but well... You know.

                        Just MHO, YMMV

                        [email protected]

                        Andy
                        -
                        What is, is... What is not, is not.

                        Boom!

                        I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

                        Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: New Pet Peeve

                          Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                          True, but I think if they weren't there before you went in, then they (elderly or handicapped) could then wait. I mean, what if it was another handicapped person in the stall. They would wait then.

                          I am in no way condoning the stroller lady and I applaud you, scubabe for using the smaller umbrella strollers.
                          my child is 16. I haven't used a stroller in years, but I feel the handicapped stalls should remain open for the people who need them...not people with to many kids for one stall.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: New Pet Peeve

                            Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                            my child is 16. I haven't used a stroller in years, but I feel the handicapped stalls should remain open for the people who need them...not people with to many kids for one stall.
                            sometimes this cant be helped if you havfe 2 or more kdis you have to use that staLL

                            OR SHALL WE LEAVE OUR KIDS OUTSIDE THE STALL WITH STRANGERS

                            Friends for life

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: New Pet Peeve

                              Originally posted by CUatDL View Post
                              If there are no stalls available, and the HCA stall is the only one available, well, anyone should use it. But if someone doesn't need it, why take it from someone who does?

                              I saw a sign in an airport, something of the effect... If you do not need the HCA stall, please leave it for those who do. I have no gripes when it is the only stall that is available, fair game, but well... You know.
                              I agree with you. granted we don't have many people at my work who need the handicapped stall, but so many people use that one as their first choice. i don't get it.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: New Pet Peeve

                                Originally posted by kelly View Post
                                sometimes this cant be helped if you havfe 2 or more kdis you have to use that staLL

                                OR SHALL WE LEAVE OUR KIDS OUTSIDE THE STALL WITH STRANGERS
                                you can try to justify it however you please. I'm not going to agree with it.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: New Pet Peeve

                                  Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                                  you can try to justify it however you please. I'm not going to agree with it.
                                  ok whatever//

                                  lets leave our toddlers with strangers NO PROBLEM

                                  Friends for life

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: New Pet Peeve

                                    Originally posted by kelly View Post
                                    ok whatever//

                                    lets leave our toddlers with strangers NO PROBLEM
                                    yes, that would be the only alternative. Over dramatize much?

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: New Pet Peeve

                                      Personally, I need the handicap restroom when my disease is flaring up. I wouldn't mind at all if I saw a mom with a couple of children in a stroller using the handicap stall, if they have nobody there to help them. I'd not want them going in front of me, and may ask that I go ahead of them, if they were going in when I needed it...but....it doesn't sound like Kelly was saying she'd step ahead of a handicap person, which is what the OP was asking. (Or mentioned they'd seen happen.)

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: New Pet Peeve

                                        Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                                        yes, that would be the only alternative. Over dramatize much?
                                        excuse me??

                                        Friends for life

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X