Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trip Report: Mouseinphilly dons a dress, visits Zenkaikon as Alice in Wonderland

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report: Mouseinphilly dons a dress, visits Zenkaikon as Alice in Wonderland

Yup, you heard right.

The title may seem tabloid to you, but I went to a local anime/video game convention in the Philadelphia suburb of King of Prussia called Zenkaikon on Octorber 13th in the Scanticon Hotel and Conference Center at the Valley Forge Convention Center. And I did a little cosplaying debuting my Alice in Wonderland outfit.

Here's a wee bit of information about the outfit. It is loosely based on the costume worn by the Alice cast members at the Disney theme parks, but is a slightly darker shade of light blue, namely Wedgewood Blue. The rest of the outfit - blonde wig, black "Alice band" (headband), white tights and apron and black Mary Jane shoes - remains the same, and the apron is trimmed with white rick-rack instead of the rounded lace-style trim, and was hand sewn by my 67-year-old mom. The front of the apron as well as the waistband and cross on the back of the aprons is sewn into the dress, but unlike the regular dress, white rick rack trims the neckline instead of a Peter Pan collar.

Needless to say, the costume was a hit with the convention goers, known in the costume playing ("cosplay") world as okatu. I had my pictures taken with many of the people there including the convention organizers from Delaware Anime Society. I have a picture for you with me in the dress of Alice Pleasence Liddell.

Last edited by mouseinphilly; 10-14-2007, 06:38 AM. Reason: Adding picture.

Re: Trip Report: Mouseinphilly dons a dress, visits Zenkaikon as Alice in Wonderland

Another picture for you of myself in costume. The first is the alternate pose that the Alices use at Disney:

Comment

Re: Trip Report: Mouseinphilly dons a dress, visits Zenkaikon as Alice in Wonderland

One more to share with you for now. It's me with a group of Oran High School Home Club cosplayers who had a tea party. And whenever the words "Tea Party" and "Alice in Wonderland" are mentioned, madness ensues!

Comment

I'll say it. I've never been more confused.

Comment

I'm glad you had a fun time. I'm a bit confused, too.
          <3 Chloe

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
            I'll say it. I've never been more confused.
            I'm also confused, but being blond I get confused a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
              "I'm also confused, but being blond I get confused a lot."
              And I was wearing a blonde wig, so I was a bit scatter brained as well! :lmao:

Comment

I'm not confused, but I'm speechless right about now and how often does that happen!!! :lol:

Ok now we see you, where are pics from some of the other cosplayers and some of the other costumes?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Hopefully, when they become available, I'll post them.

Comment

You make a fine looking Alice.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

:blush: Thanks, Barbaraann. :virtual kiss:

Comment

It's always nice to put a face to a name.

Can I ask how long you have had your fascination with Alice in Wonderland? I personally love the story. I find it one of the more pleasureable Disney animated features to watch. The Oyster scene is so funny, and thought provoking. I also love where the flowers call Alice a weed.

I especially enjoyed the entire Alice in Wonderland World in Kingdom Hearts, even though it took me many hours to master it.
                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

I'm sorry, but I do have to laugh... I'm still on cold pills.

but I have seen men dress up like that... and some look eerily good.

Nice Host club pic.
                          Last edited by AlexLoup; 10-14-2007, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the compliment, eerie as it may seem.

I've always for some strange, unusual reason wanted to be a little girl for Halloween. Alice in Wonderland is allowing me to live that out and have enjoyed the story in its' many forms (Disney, the 1985 Irwin Allen miniseries and the 1999 movie with a young Tina Majerino) as well as the book. Plus, I've always wanted to do a Disney character in costume.

Comment

Where in Delaware is the "Delaware Anime Society"?
                              Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Dover and Wilmington IIRC.

Web site: http://www.delawareanimesociety.com

Comment

oh ok, thank you. I was looking up the Wilmington one, I keep thinking that one is around rt. 202.
                                  Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

I, too love Alice in Wonderland...
                                    My favorite parts are...
                                    1. The oyster part.. "the time has come the walrus said, to talk of many things... of shoes, of ships, of ceiling wax, of cabbages and kinds....etc"..
                                    2. When Alice has the encounter with the flowers and the little flower says "I... I think she's pretty"... and then the mother flower says "Quiet, Violet!" (hence my screen name....
                                    <3 Chloe

Comment

i don't kn ow why, but I always pictured you as a young woman!!! I'm suprised LOL LOL LOL and you make a cute alice LOL

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
                                      Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
                                      Originally Posted by MWalton
                                      :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

What is cosplay? I've never heard of it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X