X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flu or food poisoning

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    It was actually the one in Brentwood, but I haven't been able to eat at ANY Souplantation since.

It sounds like food poinsoning Roo, since you mentioned being sore in the muscles. Usually when it's the flu I don't get sore muscles, but the couple of times it's been food poisioning I feel like I've run a marathon.

Could be--the sudden-ness of it all makes me think so.

But even when I was in Cali, I was nursing myself along in the heat with a bad headcold. Something leads me to believe my immune system was compromised with racing out there, period--and then the flu/poisoning, general malaise swooped in as I returned.

Maybe I should have just stayed in California.

I'm really thinking that is the answer.

I know I wouldn't have argued.

peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Originally posted by Roo719 View Post
      Could be--the sudden-ness of it all makes me think so.
      Two hours before my "flu" hit, I was sipping a nice pinot noir and noshing on potato leek soup. It hit sudden and fast. BTW, hubby ate the same thing and he was fine.

I still can't do red wine. :blush:

Comment

If it was a bug, the plane ride could have aggrivated it. My mom gets either a really bad cold or the flu EVERY time she flies. It's come to the point where she carries Zycam with her and takes it as soon as she gets off the plane (which helps, but not 100%)..
        <3 Chloe

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
          Oh Roo.... :squeeze:

Glad you are feeling a bit better. And the toast is a good mild start to solid food again. You want to start off with bland light stuff like the toast. When I was a kid my mom would give me 7-up to drink when my stomach was upset. And I've also heard that rice (plain, white rice) is "binding" and will help your stomach....solidify your food again. But be careful with that. I ate to much rice one time and started having the...uh... opposite effect.
          That's what my mom used to give me when I had tummy troubles, too. Plain white bread toast or saltine crackers, 7-up, bananas, rice porridge (Japanese rice cooked with lots of water so it was really soft and soupy - very easy to digest).

Originally posted by Roo719 View Post
          Thanks for this! I'm up and moving, but am now suffering from muscular pains that come from violent movement. I'm still nauseuous but I have to go to work. I have a sweatshirt and a jacket--determined to stay warm. The kids will be like, "you should have stayed home! Then we wouldn't have homework!"

Their love for me is abounding.

The only thing I ate that my partner didn't was a food sample at Sam's Club! Last time I do that!

Thanks gang. I probably should have waited a bit longer to eat--but I was hungry this morning and permitted myself a slice of toast. Best thing I've tasted in days!

Peace,
          Roo
          Roo, I hope you're feeling a bit better. Please take it easy and take care of yourself. :squeeze:
          She did it!

Comment

My twelve year old had nine kids in her classroom out with the stomach flu for a day or two last week. There are some nasty bugs going around.

There are two third graders with viral pneumonia, and several in that grade have had bronchitis since last week. It's like a nursing home, not an elementary school.

Comment

Roo,

So sorry to hear about the FP! Several years ago 2 of my co-workers and myself
              got food poisoning from Wendy's all-you-can-eat chilli. About 6 to 7 hours after we
              ate, we all became very sick to our stomachs, hot and cold chills, runs. Tried to keep
              drinking a little water, since my stomach just wouldn't stop convulsing. WORST
              sickness I've every had! It was about 4 days before I even felt like wanting to
              drink anything, and a couple more until I could stomach eating anything.

Hope you can get over it relatively quickly. Not fun on the toilet with a wastbasket
              in front of you. Get Better Soon!
              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                My twelve year old had nine kids in her classroom out with the stomach flu for a day or two last week. There are some nasty bugs going around.

There are two third graders with viral pneumonia, and several in that grade have had bronchitis since last week. It's like a nursing home, not an elementary school.
                Considering I teach special ed, what I could achieve with these numbers absent! No, that's not a bad thing, I mean I could gain focus and not have the worries I'm having.

My kids are like machines--they never get ill considering their circumstances! Makes me all zany!

I made it. My day is DONE. And I'm feeling okay. The gallons of water and airborne and bread seems to holding me together. I'm dying for a SAMMICH for some reason.

A good sign. And thanks. Any more advice?

peace,
                Roo
                husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

If you are hungry, that's a great sign. Eat whatever sounds good. Getting your strength back up is the priority. There's not much time to be sick when you are a teacher. I worked myself into pneumonia earlier this year (and didn't miss a day of work, which in retrospect, was totally stupid.)

I'm voting for food poisoning, too. I had this happen to me the night before we were to come back from winter break. And of course, I had every piece of my teaching materials at home with me, so in between bathroom breaks, I was writing lesson plans from bed and emailing them to my co-worker for my sub. Ugh.

Take care of yourself! Or I like the "stay in California" choice, but I think it's too late for that one.
                  A signature should go here.

Comment

I sent 4 kids home today because they had fevers between 100.1-102.1 and I sent my aide home because she was throwing up with the chills. How much do you want to bet I get sick? I had the kids do something quiet from 4:40-5:30 because my tummy hurt and as soon as I locked the door to leave my throat started to hurt. Great.

Comment

Yep, you totally should have stayed here. You and Tigs both.

I'm sad to hear that you're sick but it's sounding like you're on the mend, which is good. The plan for either food poisoning or flu is keeping hydrated and let it do its thing. There's not a lot you're going to do about it anyway. Eat if you can, don't worry about it if you can't. Fluids are the big thing. Whatever will stay down.

I hope you feel like yourself again soon.

**hugs**
                      -k
                      I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Ginger tea, Ginger Ale, or my all time favourite for nausea is Ginger Beer (it is a soda)

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X