X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes It's Another Scrapbook Thread

Yes, it's another scrapbook thread.

I love to take my photos and put them in scrapbooks. I have only been doing this for a short time. My husband was the one that thought it would be nice to have photos in scrapbooks, instead of just in photo albums. My photo albums were organized too, but scrapping is more personal and creative.

Since I have been visiting Disney World, Disneyland, and nearby Wisconsin, I have been doing scrapbook pages of my photos.

I'd like to share some of my pages with you. I promise not to post more than one page a day.

I guess I broke this promise, when I posted some two page spreads.

I invite all you scrappers out there to share your pages also. Or if you want to ask questions or chat, this is the place to do it.

Yes, MiceChat has a scrapbook club, but since that just gets seen by a few, I thought this might be fun for the rest.
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 07-21-2008, 05:08 AM.
    BarbaraAnn

Re: Yes It's Another Scrapbook Thread

This is the first page in the small 8" by 8" scrapbook that I did of our day at Laguna Beach in 2006.
    BarbaraAnn

Comment

Oh that's really cute! I like the font!

As a family, my mom, sister, and I are making scrapbooks of recipes from Dad's side, Mom's side, along with recipes my little 5 person family have come up with. 4 cookbooks one for my brother, sister, parents, and me and anytime anyone of us gets inspired we make 4 pages with 1 recipe, along with a little story about why we like the recipe, and put it in the books at my mom's house. But we each picked out scrapbooks that look like us, so it's not like my brother has a big flowered scrapbook. So... if I post pictures it will be of top secret recipes....

Comment

Here is a page out of my book from last Halloween!

<3 Chloe

Comment

That's another page from my my Laguna Beach book. Remember that these pages are 8 by 8. That date on the bottom is the date that I took the picture of the page. I have since removed the distracting date from my camera. My grandson is the one jumping. They had fun playing in the Ocean. I originally posted this page in the scrapbook club.

More Laguna pages to come.
          BarbaraAnn

Comment

The girls were tired, and decided to just relax on a bench. I had fun doing this page. Sometimes one photo can tell a story all by itself.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

This page is the first page that I did for the 1997 trip that I took to Disney World with my husband and my grandson. My grandson was only 4 years old at the time. It was a first time visit for the 3 of us. I didn't own a digital caamera. of course, at the time. I remember getting all of my photos developed at the Magic Kingdom photo store. I was sorting them out the night before we came home. I took a lot. So glad that I did, because I was able to do a nice scrapbook. This was done on a 12 by 12 page.
              Last edited by Barbaraann; 10-18-2007, 07:58 AM.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

My wife has done so many scrapbooks it's scary. She's into stamping too so it works well together. When my pea brain figures out how to work the picture download thing I'll post a few.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                  My wife has done so many scrapbooks it's scary. She's into stamping too so it works well together. When my pea brain figures out how to work the picture download thing I'll post a few.
                  My friend Jennifer does a lot of stamping. I am not into that. I make more mess than it's worth. Everyone does scrapbooking in their own way, which is what makes it so great. It's a very personal way to show off your photos.
                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
                    My friend Jennifer does a lot of stamping. I am not into that. I make more mess than it's worth. Everyone does scrapbooking in their own way, which is what makes it so great. It's a very personal way to show off your photos.

I agree, I'm not quite the creative. I must admit, a well done scrapbook is well worth the time & effort.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                      I agree, I'm not quite the creative. I must admit, a well done scrapbook is well worth the time & effort.
                      I honestly don't know one man who does scrapbooks. I am sure that they are out there, I just don't know any. Although sometimes, my 14 year old grandson will help me do some of the pages where he is the subject. He comes up with some pretty good ideas.
                      BarbaraAnn

Comment

I stamp to make cards. I use watercolors and really get creative.

Comment

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
                          I stamp to make cards. I use watercolors and really get creative.
                          Cardmaking has become very popular. If you go to a scrapbooking store, there's just as much cardmaking stuff. When somebody gives me a card that they made themselves, I definitely save it.
                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Oh yeah, I make my own cards too. Today is my G-ma's b-day and I used some of my scrapbooking supplies to make her a nice card... It is just so much more special to do it that way. I am a craft-a-holic but scrapbooking is the closest to my heart.
                            <3 Chloe

Comment

The only cards that I have ever made have been with my collage program. I also use that program to do trip reports and pages in my scrapbook.
                              BarbaraAnn

Comment

Thats so cool, Barb... I don't have any fancy shmancy programmes like that on my computer, so everything is hand made here... This year I think I am going to take a stab at doing Christmas wreaths... My mom has made them in the past and I have watched her so I know its a lot of work, but I think it will be rewarding. Since I live by the ocean I am thinking of making one with seashells in it...
                                <3 Chloe

Comment

I have a card my friend made me that has all the things I like in all my favorite colors. Ringo, drums (I airdrum in my car), knitting, cake, black, white, red, yellow... it was very cute. The year before I had collected all of the best quotes from DUH at DCA and made it into wrapping paper... I need to scan that cute card just did.

Comment

Finally! My kinda thread. Oo very nice photos and layouts. Let me upload and post some of my amateur ones haha

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
                                    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by <3WillTurner View Post
                                      Finally! My kinda thread. Oo very nice photos and layouts. Let me upload and post some of my amateur ones haha
                                      I am sure your work is great.
                                      BarbaraAnn

Comment

This was something I was messing with that I ended up not giving because the weird green grass... I added too much water. I re-did it. It was a "you rock!" card.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X