This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yes It's Another Scrapbook Thread

I just came across this thread and love IT! I know I need to work on getting more of my memories scrapped. However, I am working on a project of our latest Disneyland Adventures as a tribute book, or "Thank You" book for my parents, for helping get the whole family to Disneyland last month. I want to post a link of the project, this is just what I had done by the deadline of a contest, so it is not the final book, but I did want to take a stab at a chance on a contest.
    SOoooo enough said, I am making a 8x8 book, all online at Shutterfly. Just dropping in digital prints, adding text, and then they will print the book and ship to me. This is a first for me and I am hoping it turns out great.
    (hope the link works)
    http://community.shutterfly.com/gall...OHLhk1ZgjnPjqu

Comment

Wow Barbarann! Those are awesome! You do such a great job!

Excuse me for popping in here. A scrapbook is something I am going to want of my Disneyland trip (now slated for December). However it's going to take some help. I don't take pictures well at all. They come out all blurry and junk. I am actually thinking of two unique ideas here.

1. I know it has never been done here before but when all is said an done I think it would be neat to have a Trip Report thread with several people adding in photos since I don't take my own photos.

2. Since the photos would be coming from many people it would be difficult to actually scrapbook them on paper. What about an Internet Scrapbook? Wouldn't that be pretty cool?

What do you think gang?

Quote:
      Originally Posted by aashee
      We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

BD Bopper - There are tons of different ways to do it. Where are you located? I am happy to offer up any of my photos for you!!

I noticed you signature, - a post from a fellow Mice Chatter - Aashee. That is my crazy brother - I hope that he has been nice to you. Let me know if there is anything in particular that you are looking for and I would be happy to share. In addition, if you are coming to D-land I am sure that I speak for many Micechatters, but I would be happy to take some photos for you duringyour trip as I am so close to the park.
      Last edited by cm4jen; 04-08-2008, 05:25 PM. Reason: missed quote
      Proud Sister of a Dork Master

Comment

BarbaraAnn

Comment

BarbaraAnn

Comment

This is one of the very first pages that I ever scrapped. It was before I owned a computer. I used original photographs. Now, I tend to copy pictures, and not use the originals.

My mom and dad took my brother and I to the park when we were babies, and took these pictures. Somewhere along the way, we get involved raising our children and we don't take many photos anymore. I drive my grandson crazy trying to change that pattern.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by DL4DJ&JULES View Post
              I just came across this thread and love IT! I know I need to work on getting more of my memories scrapped. However, I am working on a project of our latest Disneyland Adventures as a tribute book, or "Thank You" book for my parents, for helping get the whole family to Disneyland last month. I want to post a link of the project, this is just what I had done by the deadline of a contest, so it is not the final book, but I did want to take a stab at a chance on a contest.
              SOoooo enough said, I am making a 8x8 book, all online at Shutterfly. Just dropping in digital prints, adding text, and then they will print the book and ship to me. This is a first for me and I am hoping it turns out great.
              (hope the link works)
              http://community.shutterfly.com/gall...OHLhk1ZgjnPjqu
              Thanks for reading my thread. Your link said that the book was deleted. Feel free to post pictures here, or join our scrapbook club, if you belong to MiceChat Gold.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

I forgot to crop this one.
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

When I scrapped this page, this picture was one of the very few that I had of my father. It is the only one that I have, that is just me and my dad.
                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

I used that same picture for the first page of My Dad's scrapbook. There are so few photos of my dad. My mom said that if my dad hadn't insisted on taking pictures of us when we were little, we wouldn't have any. I just wish that they hadn't stopped taking the pictures as we got older.

I am sad. There isn't even one photo of all 6 of us. That would be mom, dad, my sister and I, and our 2 brothers.

Take lots of pictures, you won't regret it.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

In each of our family member scrapbooks, I have included a calendar from the year they were born. It also tells us on what day of the week we were born. My dad was a Tuesday's child.
                      BarbaraAnn

Comment

I have "googled" our family names on the computer, and it adds a more recent touch to the scrapbook page.
                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

BarbaraAnn

Comment

It wasn't until, I discovered that I had a cousin living in Michigan, that I knew what my dad looked like as a boy. He is the middle child in the top two photos. My oldest son looked a lot like that at the same age.
                            BarbaraAnn

Comment

That's my dad.
                              BarbaraAnn

Comment

I love the picture on the top right. It shows my dad as a very young man. I love his smile in that photo. My dad never smiled much that I remember. He was always tired from working.
                                BarbaraAnn

Comment

I love your scrapbook pages..like a lot. You put a lot of work into these, unlike mine which are mostly just pictures on a page. I hope I can learn to do stuff like this!
                                  ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
                                  'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
                                    I love your scrapbook pages..like a lot. You put a lot of work into these, unlike mine which are mostly just pictures on a page. I hope I can learn to do stuff like this!
                                    I have a lot of time on my hands. I just do what I think looks good to my eye. I have a lot of pictures to scrap. I enjoy doing it. It was my husband's idea, originally, to get me started scrapping. I have fun.

Thanks for the compliment.

I read a lot about scrapbooking before I actually ever did any pages.
                                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

The older woman in the pictures is my dad's mother, my grandmother. Her name was Bertha.
                                      BarbaraAnn

Comment

More pictures of my grandmother.
                                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

My dad had a lot of 1/2 brothers and sisters.
                                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X