X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbaraann
    replied
    Re: Yes It's Another Scrapbook Thread

That was the last page in my 50th Anniversary trip scrapbook. Tomorrow, I go in a totally different direction for a while. I just finished a 40 page 8 x 8 scrapbook of my husband's grandmother. I'd like to show some of those pages here.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

I am putting the finishing touches on the scrapbook that I have been making of my husband's grandmother, Fanny. I hope to be able to start showing it here at the end of the week. It is an 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 album. I am having a lot of fun doing it.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sassy*tink
    replied

Great pages! I still need to share a few more of mine...maybe I'll do that later today when I have a bit more time and more pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

I am amazed at the modern technology of computers, and printers, and digital cameras, and memory cards. I print my own pictures for scrapping. I know that I could scrap the old ones that I have. However, many of those are faded, and torn, and not the right size, and well for the most part, I make copies.

I always scan all the photos that are going into my scrapbooks first. I am talking about older photos now. As for the new ones that I have just taken. It's so great that I can put my memory card into my computer, and upload my photos, and then I can scrap away.

I have all my photos backed up on CD's. Actually, the fact that I scrap pages, and show them on MiceChat means that I take photos of my my scrapbook pages. This means that all my page pictures are also on my computer. I like having all these backups.

My photos have become very important to me. Memories mean a lot, and that is what photos are.

Leave a comment:

• Snacks
    replied

I enjoy scrapbooking myself, sometimes it takes me a week to do a set of two pages..... I can often be found in the department store in front of the instant photo machine.... oh how I love this machine. I just pop my usb stick in and shortly there after it is spitting out new pictures for me to cut apart.

Saddly my job takes up a great deal of my time. hahahaha
    Or I would be scrapbooking all the time. Thank you for posting your work. I know it is a great deal of work to take the pictures and up load them then post them. I love looking at every photo posted on Mice chat.

Snacks

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

Here is a little history of my scrapbooking career.

I began in 2005. My first complete album, I believe, is the one that I am presently showing. You can probably tell that. I need to add some things to a lot of those pages. That scrapbook is from my 2005 trip to Disneyland.

I have scrapbooks started for myself, my 2 sons, and my grandson. Those are ongoing projects, that seem to be on the back burner, due to all the time that I spend on vacation scrapbooks.

In the meantime. I have completed a "family history" scrapbook for my sister. Some of those pages are shown here. That one was 12 x 12. I also did an 8 x 10 scrapbook for my brother using all of the photos that I obtained from my cousin. I discovered an entire branch of the family, and I obtained many photos of my dad's family that I never had. It was a real find, and inspired me to do more family scrapping.

I made my husband a scrapbook for his 60th birthday. It includes photos of his life, and includes pictures of his Finnish grandmother, his mom, dad, siblings, children, friends, and of course me. Some of those are shown here.

I have completed a scrapbook of my dad, and I am presently working on one of my mother. They are both deceased. My mom having passed away just this past February. I just began 2 (8 x 8) scrapbooks. One is of my husband's Finnish Gradmother, and the other is of my husband's mother Sue ( they called her Sue, her real name was Clarice.

I have almost scrapped all of my Disney vacations that I have photos from. So that would be.

Disneyland 2005, 2006, 2007. ( all 12 x 12 albums)

Disney World - 1997 (12 x 12 album)
    Disney World 2003,04,05, these 3 are in 8 x 8 albums.
    Disney World - 2006 (12 x 12 album)

Disney World - 2007 - Christmastime (12 x 12 album) - I am still working on this one. I believe I have shown some of those pages already in this thread.

I did 2 small albums - one with autographs, and the other is the completion of an 8 x 8 album with 2005 pictures. The album was a gift to me, and I just added the photos.

That would take me to my Wisconsin Dells 12 x 12 album which shows photos from all the vacations that we have taken our grandson to. I just finished an 8 x 8 Wisconsin Dells book.

Now, let me explain the fact that I don't have a job outside the home. I am not taking care of any children at home either. So I have a lot of time on my hands, and scrapbooking definitely takes up a lot of that time. That and MiceChatting of course. For me, scrapbooking came along at the same time that I acquired a laptop computer, and a digital camera. That is an awesome threesome.

I have a lot of photos to scrap, so this thread is liable to go on for a very long time. I thank everyone for looking.

Leave a comment:

• Snacks
    replied

I am thinking I would love to look at all your scrapbooks............ how many do you have? how do you set them up? by year? or by place? do you make them as gifts for your family?
    I have started making one for my Mom and I have done a page for her cat, 2 for her puppy, and 2 for her dog that passed away in Feb my Fathers Bday is this weekend so I will do 2 of that, 2 of my sisters kids at halloween then I will give it to her in November and for Christmas I will add my Nov trip to DL and her Bday.
    You get the idea.

Just curious about what everyone else does.

Snacks

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

My 50th scrapbook was one of the first ones that I completed. I was a real newcomer to scrapbooking back in 2005. I notice so much on these pages that I should add to.

I am up to date on my vacation scrapbooks, and way behind on family stuff. I didn't buy a digital camera until 2005 either.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X