This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yes It's Another Scrapbook Thread

I did this page as the 2nd page of a 2 page layout. The boy in the foreground is my husband's father. My husband is the boy on the left. For my husband's 60th birthday, I gave him a scrapbook full of old family photos. Most of the photos I scrapped, I copied, rather than use the original fragile photos.
    BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post

This was something I was messing with that I ended up not giving because the weird green grass... I added too much water. I re-did it. It was a "you rock!" card.
      Great card.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

That card is awesome KK... I am such a terrible water colorer, I usually just use scrapbooking supplies to make my cards.
        <3 Chloe

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post

This one is just charming, barbaraann!! Well done!

I have been neglecting my scrapbooks (been too busy painting), so I got busy today and did 4 pages. Gotta get the journaling on them (my least favorite part.)

Comment

I don't really journal. I figure maybe someday into the future, I might add some notes inside the scrapbooks. Right now, I just want to get the photos done.

My main goal right now is to get my Disney stuff done. I can then put a dent in all the family photos that I have. I want to eventually make scrapbooks for each of my boys, and do one for myself. My grandson's photos are so many, that I don't know where to start. I also have enough from my mom to do a nice book of her. I wish that I had more of my dad.

Scrapbooking takes up a lot of my time, because I really enjoy it. I don't use too many fancy gadgets. Just paper, adhesive, pictures, and imagination, and a few more of the basics.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

Barb--the simplest touches are what make your pages so lovely. I really appreciate you sharing them with us.
              <3 Chloe

Comment

Originally posted by QuietViolet View Post
                That card is awesome KK... I am such a terrible water colorer, I usually just use scrapbooking supplies to make my cards.
                I usually use crayons, but I had the house to myself and I was like "this is probably the one time where I can get all painty and be okay." Plus I heart monkeys, especially with guitars!

I can't journal. I write fiction. I have a really cute journal that I've tried to journal in, and did like a week... and I only use it when life gets "serious." Plus I can't journal and doodle and yeah...

Barb, the tricycle page is too cute.

Comment

Barb--the simplest touches are what make your pages so lovely. I really appreciate you sharing them with us.
                  My husband wanted his scrapbook to be of neutral colors, and not a lot of embellishments. In other words, conservative. Some of my pages have gotten pretty wild. I controlled myself in his book.

I like flowers, hearts, leaves, and different words, and use them a lot as embellishments.
                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

I went to a crop at Michaels today because they were having a special Halloween crop.... for those of you who don't know what a crop is, a bunch of ladies get together to share ideas and scrapbook... its a good way to make new friends because different people show up all the time. This was my first crop at Michaels-- I usually go to my local scrapbooking store, but just decided to try this one out...
                    Here is what I came up with:

No pictures yet because Halloween hasn't happened, but these supplies were SOOOO cute and I am really happy with the way it turned out....
                    <3 Chloe

Comment

What great pages Violet. I absolutely love Candy Corn. Now you can take just the right pictures to put on them. My friend Jennifer made me a book for our first trip to Disneyland. She did like you did. She had all the blank spaces, and I just added the photos. I will have to take some pictures of that and post them here.

Can you believe that I have never been to a crop? Unless of course you count the one time, that I spent the day at Archeiver's working on pages, while my friend Jennifer worked her usual shift.

I actually get more done at home, since my supplies are there.

I know that scrapbooking has become a social event for some people. They have all their supplies, on wheels, and they complete pages, and share stuff. Archeiver's has a work room, but since I don't drive, I haven't been there in a long time. It is my favorite scrapbook store here in Chicago.
                      BarbaraAnn

Comment

Speaking of Jennifer. That is her and her daughter. This is one of my favorite pages. Funny thing is, I didn't take the picture, but we were on that vacation together to Disneyland in 2005 for the 50th.
                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Such a great page! I love the font! The colors are great too!

I am such a font nerd...

So basically a crop is like a knitting circle? I'm always interested in different craft circles. Part of the reason why I bought my sewing machine is to go to a quilting circle. The small quiet machines are perfect for that.

Comment

Yeah.. just like a knitting circle.. my sisters mother in law is really into scrapbooking so I usually crop with her and her friends... we do it maybe once a month.. it was a little weird at first because I am the youngest one there but we're family now.
                            <3 Chloe

Comment

Love it!! I'm not a fan of eating candy corn, but I do think they are too cute!

Comment

So here's a few of my pages. I like to to double page spreads.

Comment

I do a lot of 2 page spreads as well. In fact most of my scrapping is 2 pages at a time. I need to figure out the best way to photograph them for showing them here on MiceChat.

Princess your pages are great. Are those books 12 by 12?
                                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post

Princess your pages are great. Are those books 12 by 12?
                                    Thanks. These are 12x12. My favorite size is 8x8 but I have a LOT of blank 12x12's to fill.

Comment

Great pages, Princessy!!
                                      <3 Chloe

Comment

Very cute ideas and thanks for sharing. I've been charging through my pics lately. I want to get all caught up before the new baby gets here since I know that I'll get behind again. I finally made it to March of 2006 when I ran out of adhesve and pages. Oops. I like going to crops and seeing what other people are working on. I've been setting aside all my Disneyland photos since Adam's first trip and I'm going to make them into a special album.
                                        Visit the Hamand Family Blog to see what we've been up to. http://matthamand.blogspot.com

Comment

Here's another page from my Laguna Beach book.
                                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X