This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yes It's Another Scrapbook Thread

This is a page in the book, the year that I went to Disneyland for the 50th. In fact it was my first trip to Disneyland. I was a novice scrapbooker at the time. I still consider myself a beginner in fact. There's so many techniques that I just don't have a clue about. Mostly, I do what looks appealing to me at the time.
    BarbaraAnn

Comment

^^ Barb, thats what is so great about scrapbooking! Nothing is novice... its so personal and enjoyable because there is no right or wrong. Your pages look awesome to me, and I love the way you lay out your photos!
      <3 Chloe

Comment

You have my own philosophy, Violet. I always say that you can show your pictures whatever way that you want.

You can keep it formal and simple, or -
        fancy, or -
        colorful -
        or - black and white.

There's so many wonderful ways. That's why I love it.

As far as being a novice, I don't use fancy machines that make letters. I don't have a lot of those punches, or stamps. I own some circle cutters, but I have yet to really fiigure those things out.

My biggest problem lately is wanting to put too many photos on a 2 page layout.

I also really wish that I could figure out a way to photograph my 2 page layouts better. I think the lighting in my house prevents me from doing that. The light glares off of the plastics, so I take the pages out, and then it's hard to photograph two at a time.

I guess I'll just stick with one at a time. I always show them in the scrapbook club 2 at a time. Here, I am just showing one page on each day, so as to not monopolize this thread.

I am so looking forward to viewing other MiceChatter's work.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Here is my layout from the Pirates Premeir:

The whole layout:

Page 1:

Page 2:

Sorry it's all glossy looking. I am tired and sick from all of this ash and didn't feel like pulling them out of the sleeves....
          <3 Chloe

Comment

How exciting. I have never seen any celebrities up close. I remember when all the MiceChatters were talking about the Premier and posting photos. I am sure you will remember it for a long time. Your pages are very visible on my end.

I wish that I could figure out how take some good pictures of a double layout like that on 12 by 12 pages. I'm working on it. I just need to find the perfect spot in my house, where the light won't glare back at the camera.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

When I went to Disneyland in 2005, my friend Jennifer made me a scrapbook album. She did all the mounting, and the lettering. All I had to do was add the photos. She knows that I love Jiminy Cricket. This is the 2 page spread that she designed in this 8 by 8 book.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

The first time that we saw Block Party Bash at DCA, I had such a great time dancing, and screaming with kids. I took a lot of pictures with my "then new digital camera". This is another of the pages that Jennifer designed, and I just added the pictures.
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

That BBP page is great, Barb! It just jumps out at me!
                  <3 Chloe

Comment

This was the very last page of the scrapbook that I did for my husband's 60th birthday. I am so grateful that we have many many photos of him. I don't have many of my father. However, what I do have, I have scanned into my computer, and have copied to a CD. SOme day, our children will only have these photographs.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

I ended up having an asthma attack last night while I was trying to fall asleep. I was advised by the urgent care doctor to avoid going outside until the weather clears up. I have mixed emotions about this... on one hand its lame because I have things to do and people to see, but on the other hand it gives me a great excuse to spend the day scrapbooking!
                      <3 Chloe

Comment

My older son has problems with asthma. I hope that you feel better really soon Violet.
                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Thank you for the well wishes..
                          Here is a layout I made in honor of my Godson.. my very best friend had a baby at age 18, and I was honored to be named his Godmother. I absolutely love him with all of my heart, and I enjoy every minute I get to spend with him!!

First Page:

Second Page:

Full layout:

I also got an exciting new tote, but I'll share that in the scrapbooking club...
                          <3 Chloe

Comment

Babies have a way of grabbing our hearts, and not letting go. I have 2 children of my own, and I helped raise my grandson. He feels like my 3rd son.

Violet, you have done a wonderful job on those pages. I love a lot of color. The love comes through very strong.

I wish that scrapbooking would have been popular, when I was raising my children. I honestly think it is so easier to scrap the present, than try to remember, and scrap the far away past. My oldest is 40, my youngest is 36, and my grandson is 14. I have books started for them. It is going to be a lot harder to scrap those photos than it has been to do my vacation ones.

I know that when I was doing my husband's book, it was hard doing the pages of him when he was small, and of his family, because I didn't live that.
                            BarbaraAnn

Comment

I know what you mean, Barb.. when my grandmother passed away, my Dad inherited all of her photos of him and my aunts growing up, as well as other family photos. He asked me to scrap them for him, because he didn't really know what to do with them, so I did but it was hard. I was constantly having to ask him who this person was and what they meant to him. I also added a lot of important dates in there (with help from my grandmother beyond the grave.. she wrote on the back of a lot of the photos).. one of these days I'll have to share some of those pages...
                              I had a lot of time to do that book and it it close to my heart. When I was 18 I had severe kidney failure in my right kidney and had to be in the hospital A LOT.. (my kidney luckily recovered but I really have to watch what I eat).. and I put it together while spending time in the bed...
                              <3 Chloe

Comment

Thank goodness for people who used to write on the back of photos. I recently found my mom's old pictures. She didn't have many that had data on the back, and so some of them are still unidentified. However, there were many that we knew who the people were, and I cherish those photos.

I would love to see your family scrapbook. What is it about old family pictures, that just make us all warm and fuzzy? Did you scrap the actual pictures, or did you copy them? I need to make that decision before I go any further on my mom's scrapbook. I am leaning toward using the actual photos, because of the special "antique" look that it gives the scrapbook. I have already scanned all those photos, so I will always have those pictures on CD.
                                BarbaraAnn

Comment

I have signatures turned off, so I decided to check and see if I could determine how old you were, QuietViolet. After checking your profile, I see from your signature that your name is Chloe. May I call you Chloe, or do you mind if I continue to call you Violet?
                                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

^^ You can call me either Chloe or Violet.. either one is fine with me.. . And I am 20 years old...
                                    So I decided to take pictures of the scrapbook of my grandmothers old photos sooner rather than later... here we go...

Here is the cover:

The top two photos are my great grandparents from both sides, the bottom left are my grandparents, and the bottom right are my dad, and two aunts as children...

This is the first page:

These are pictures of my grandfather as a baby, and my great grandparents...

A little deeper into the book:

My grandmother as a toddler and her parents (My great-grandparents)..

Fast forward in time:

Various pictures of my dad and his sisters playing as children... any info that I got from the pictures I typed up and glued to the page..

A page of my dad as a baby.....

My dads baby picture (he was CUTE!!)

Skipping later in time, this was my grandmother with my aunt and oldest cousin at Disneyland... there is a whole page for that but I couldn't get it to focus so I am just using this pic as an example...

Going even further in time, a picture of my siblings and I with my grandmother when we were kids, I am the blond little girl. (my hair was as white as Aashees son!)

Photos of my grandmother in her last years of life:

And I made the last page a layout of her funeral service...

This scrapbook is about 50 or so pages long, so it would be impossible to share the whole thing but these were snippits. It was my first completed scrapbook I ever made, and my dad loves it, which is what matters to me because I made it for him in memory of his mother and childhood...
                                    <3 Chloe

Comment

It is wonderful, Violet. You should be very proud of yourself. I also had blond hair as a child. In fact, I never knew that my dad had blond hair as a child, until my "long lost cousin" sent me some photos of him.

I really thank you for sharing that with me. The cover of the book is very nice. You are very fortunate to have so many family photographs. I have more pictures of my dad's family than of my mom's. I actually only have 2 photos of my mom's mom, and one of her dad. She came from a very large family, but there are no pictures. My mom just turned 82, and I believe that is why there aren't any pictures. I don't think her family even bothered to take them. It is sad really that they got so busy raising their very large family that they didn't take the time to photograph them even on special occasions.

My family teases me a lot at the amount of pictures that I take.

Again, I thank you.
                                      BarbaraAnn

Comment

You're welcome. I guess I'm lucky. My parents have albums upon albums full of photos of my siblings and I as children... They got divorced when I was in the 6th grade so I don't have many pics of the jr. high years but thats okay because those are awkward times anyway..
                                        <3 Chloe

Comment

I took these photos when I visited Disneyland in 2005. I really love the Palm trees in California.
                                          BarbaraAnn

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X