Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied
    Re: Yes It's Another Scrapbook Thread

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

My mother dressed my sister and I alike. I am the older sister. My younger sister Sheila got all the looks.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

That's me as a baby. As I look at these pages, I see that my scrapbooking style hasn't changed that much. I like to round the corners on my pictures. I am presently deciding if I should leave the old photos that I have of my mom as they are, and use them. The alternative is to copy them, and try to make them better. However, my editing skills are not that good. I do like the look of old photographs in a scrapbook.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

Last edited by Barbaraann; 02-20-2008, 10:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

My dad is the youngest of these three brothers. He once told me he was a blonde as a child. I often wondered where I got my blonde hair from. I was also blonde as a child.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

This is a picture of my father's mother. I don't remember ever meeting my grandmother. I don't know if I ever did. I can't ask my dad or my mom about that. However, it is nice to have this wonderful photo of her. My cousin Charlie talks about her. He tells me stories about her. He lives in Michigan where she lived for a long time.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

That is a picture of my father's mother and father when they were very young. Probably just married. My dad's dad died when my father was a baby.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

This is probably the only picture that I have of my grandfather. I wrote all my family members and asked if anyone had his piicture. My Aunt LaVerne sent this one. My grandfather is seated, next to his ladyfriend, and his sons are behind him. It is a long time after my grandmother died. My grandmother had the same name as my mom, Anna Marie. My grandfather was Albert.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

My mom came from a very large family. I tend to think that taking care of all those children, and giving birth to them was probably part of the reason my grandmother died so young. Young by today's standards. However almost all of her children lived well into their 70's and 80's. I don't have very many photos of my aunts and uncles, and I didn't see them very often, with the exception of my Aunt Florence, and my Aunt Arlene. My Aunt LaVerne sent me that photo of her very recently. She moved to California years ago,and still lives there now.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

My mother is a twin. Her name is Anna Marie. Her sister's name was Florence. I should know Florence's middle name. We visited our Aunt a lot, growing up. We called her Aunt Florency. My mom is on the left, and my Aunt is on the right.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

I wish that I could answer the question about the sticker. I did that page back in 2006. I don't believe that I have any of those stickers left anymore. I will look through my stickers, when I get a chance.

Leave a comment:

• GoofyWife
    replied

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post

This was the only picture that I had of my mom's mom, when I did this scrapbook. I now, have a 2nd photo, minus the baby. The baby, I found out later was my cousin Wayne. That means that the picture was taken about 1944-45. I believe that was when my cousin was born. He he is year or so older than my brother, who was born in 1946.
    I love that John Steinbeck sticker quote. Is that part of a sticker package? If so, what brand?

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

This was the only picture that I had of my mom's mom, when I did this scrapbook. I now, have a 2nd photo, minus the baby. The baby, I found out later was my cousin Wayne. That means that the picture was taken about 1944-45. I believe that was when my cousin was born. He he is year or so older than my brother, who was born in 1946.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

When my mom met may dad, and when she was raising her 4 children, she didn't pose for too many photos. I have a lot of recent photos of her. By recent, I mean the last 40 years. My mom is 82. I don't have any photos of her as a child, or as a teenager. I figure the earlier photo taken here she must have been in her 20's. The other photo is one taken professionally at a Portrait Studio. She was about 60, I think.

Leave a comment:

• knittingknerd
    replied

Barb-you are a Jedi amongst us. I have some pictures I want to scrapbook for my mutt's new owners (she's halfway through the program and I figure she'll probably go to a family or a grandma) of all the Disney characters she's met. This thread total inspiration for it. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Radiobarry
    replied

Originally posted by QuietViolet View Post
    Beautiful pages!! Such dedication!
    Couldn't say it any better, so I won't try to.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

When I did this scrapbook, I didn't have a lot of pictures of my father. I have acquired a few more since. Most of these were old, worn copies, that I scanned and made a little better. They all seem to be from about the same time period. My dad was 53 when he died. My dad was probably in his late 20's in most of these pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied

My parents had 4 children. I did this page of the 4 of us. These are some of the best baby pictures that were taken of us.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X