This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Drunk People

Wonderful story from my local newspaper. Why was this woman not in jail?

From the San Diego Union Tribune 10/15/2007

Boy pinned against car; woman faces DUI charge

LA MESA: A 26-year-old Ramona woman has been charged with driving under the influence for the third time in two weeks after an incident Saturday in which a young boy was pinned against a parked car.
    Police said the woman was driving near the Target store in the Grossmont shopping center parking lot on Grossmont Center Drive when her vehicle struck a shopping cart. She then slowly pushed the cart into a boy who was standing with his mother next to their parked car, police said. The boy was pinned between the shopping cart and car.
    The woman eventually backed up and tried to drive away, but the boy's mother blocked her departure until police arrived. The boy had slight injuries to his stomach and chest and was taken to a hospital.
    Police said the driver showed signs of being the under the influence of narcotics and had prescription drugs in her possession.
    Records show the suspect's DUI arrest was her fifth since May.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...5pubsafe1.html

Re: Stupid Drunk People

She should be in jail. Never mind the fact that it is her 3rd time in 2 weeks- she pinned the little boy!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I'll watch this footage of Ms. Spears tonight on TMZ.
      Originally posted by Grumpee
      I only care for Disney bling!

Comment

Originally posted by Duck44 View Post
        I'll watch this footage of Ms. Spears tonight on TMZ.
        :lol:

But seriously... she should been incarcerated... WTH are the authorities in this case thinking??!
        <3 Chloe

Comment

I think she took the Target a bit too literally...
          How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
          :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

A few months ago we had a freeway crash here that killed two local girls who were out celebrating one of their 21st birthdays. They were hit by a woman who was wasted, got onto the wrong side of the freeway (which isn't exactly an easy thing to do in this spot) and plowed into them head-on. They both died and she spent a couple of months in the hospital and is now out and awaiting trial. She was not only driving drunk, but had a suspended license for, no kidding, drunk driving. She had been cut off at the bar she was at and was attempting to drive home. But the stupidity doesn't stop with her. That night her friends were on the news talking about how she had been cut off for no reason, how rude the bartender was for refusing her more alcohol, and how nobody has a right to judge her. Even though she killed two innocent young girls and was so drunk that police on the scene immediately smelled it on her unconscious person.

People like these should be sterilized and sent to a remote island in order to keep the rest of us all safe from their idiocy.

Comment

I really think it is time that a law be enacted where your car is impounded and license revoked when you keep getting DUI's like this. Driving is a privilege, not a right.

Comment

Last month we just enacted one of the toughest DUI laws in the country. First time offenders will have to get an interlock device. Of course there will be people who find ways around this and then device will not get installed until you have gone through the legal system. Hopefully it will save some lives.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...rlock0916.html
                sigpic

Comment

This is unbelievable.. wow is al i have to say and the fast she should have been locked up aftger the frist time

Friends for life

Comment

I cannot believe that this was a third offense??? That is ridiculous. I'm sorry, I don't drink (due to family member alcohol abuse) and I think you should not be allowed to drive after 1 drink. Period.

For once, I can say that Canada has the right idea on this topic - we were up there visiting family - a bunch of guys and my husband went golfing - everyone but my hubby got plowed. So, hubby had to drive someone else's car - there was a weird contraption on it, he had to breathe into a tube and then the car would start (showing no alcohol on his breath) 1/2 way home a beeper went off and he had to breathe into the tube again.

One of the guys had gotten a DUI and this is the punishment - and a way to make sure he doesn't drive drunk - the car will not start if you can't get a clean test.
                    sigpic
                    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X