• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Daddy
    replied
    Re: Things you grew up with you might consider "white trash" now

Originally posted by ladyalmalthea View Post
    I am sooo glad I was not in the boat behind that family. my hubby would have said somethng., and there would have been a fistfight, my luck...
    That's the main reason I didn't say anything. Had I been on my own - no wife or child with me, I'd have been more apt to say something, but I had the welfare of my wife and child to think about and didn't want them in harms way. Just because it's Disneyland doesn't mean that someone wouldn't haul off and attempt to hit another person. I saw an altercation near Pirates of the Caribbean July 2006 and it was pushing and such...and security had to take them away.....so who's to say the same thing couldn't have happened at IASW? I didn't want to be party to something as such....and saying something could have spurred that, I think.

Leave a comment:

• ladyalmalthea
    replied

Originally posted by Sambo View Post
    Here is a good example....
    I am sooo glad I was not in the boat behind that family. my hubby would have said somethng., and there would have been a fistfight, my luck...

Leave a comment:

• Sambo
    replied

Here is a good example....

Leave a comment:

• PrincessY
    replied

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Dude... I wear wife-beater tanks everyday under my "cute-t-shirt" to work, but I have them in bright girly colors (teal, red, black, brown, and white.).
    Oh, it's okay if you are a girl!!!

Leave a comment:

• Missviolet
    replied

I had a firend who's parents would amke a huge pot of Top Ramen for dinner... My parents never actaually made it for dinner.. it was one of those things to make while you were home alone or while Mom was busy. It just floored me that her parents set the table and everything for Top Ramen!

Leave a comment:

• Sambo
    replied

AMEN

(neither)
    Right-on sistah!

broken down car/truck from the 70's or earlier in your front yard or driveway (up on jacks a plus)...
    If it's up on jacks - that's White Trash. If it's up on cinder blocks - that's redneck...

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
    **This one will get me flamed: you are a fan of Nascar
    Wow. That one might just be both White Trash AND/OR redneck.

Leave a comment:

• Jennidisneyfer
    replied

Naked lady mud flaps
    Or, that "logo" on your sunglasses. That's klassy right thur, right Lightbeer?!

Leave a comment:

• knittingknerd
    replied

All TRUE white trash!!

More:
    Wife-beater tee shirts. Helpful if they are torn and/or dirty.
    Wearing PJ's and/or slippers in public
    Dude... I wear wife-beater tanks everyday under my "cute-t-shirt" to work, but I have them in bright girly colors (teal, red, black, brown, and white.). I have a long torso (like super long) and refuse to wear "Mom jeans" so the wife beaters kinda' add a few inches so crack doesn't show.

I've worn my slippers out. In my defense: it was 30ish degrees and I have these slippers that look like UGGS. Kinda' forgot to take them off because I was all freaked about being soooooooo cold.

Leave a comment:

• PrincessY
    replied

Livestock in your backyard. Chicken wire a plus.
    broken down car/truck from the 70's or earlier in your front yard or driveway (up on jacks a plus)...
    drunk skinny guys in flannel shirts
    having a meth lab three doors down from your house, and no one calls about it.
    half of your grandkids are illigitimate, and the only one married is the girl.
    dead lawn.
    using paper cups and plates all of the time.
    bleached mall hair
    All TRUE white trash!!

More:
    Wife-beater tee shirts. Helpful if they are torn and/or dirty.
    Missing teeth (not temporary waiting to get a replacement)
    Wearing PJ's and/or slippers in public
    Wearing curlers in public (especially the pink ones)
    Greasy unwashed hair, especially if it a mullet
    Lives in a camper
    Naked lady mud flaps
    Walmart is your fancy shopping
    Getting to 6th grade is a major accomplishment
    **This one will get me flamed: you are a fan of Nascar

Leave a comment:

• knittingknerd
    replied

Originally posted by QuietViolet View Post
    Ewww... I remember Sunny Delight.. It's just called sunny D now.... and tang... icky icky.. We also used to freeze koolaid in little sandwitch bags and then poke holes in the bags and eat them like otter pops... lol
    I had a friend, when she moved to Las Vegas and she told me she was going to be living in a mobile home. She loves the idea of white trash, so for her going away gift I got her $20 worth of Top Ramen, $10 in Tang, and $10 in Kool-aid. I went with my sister's friend at like 11pm to buy the stuff so I had this cart overflowing with top ramen and the guy was like "um...." We looked like freaks. I ended up "wrapping" the ramen in a trash bag (it was a pretty black Hefty with the red little pull string.), put all the Tang and Koolaid in a big Pabst box that held at one time 24 cans, wrapped that in the Sunday comics section... She loved it! Crafty and trashy.

Leave a comment:

• ladyalmalthea
    replied

White trash can be redneck, and redneck can be white trash - but they are two seperate things.

AMEN

(neither)

Leave a comment:

• ladyalmalthea
    replied

I couldn't make it through all of thesew, so many people wrote stuff that they considered white trash, that I ate, being raised by my mom by way of my Grandma from Tennessee. So I really don't think things like beans n' weenies is white trash...
    Anyhoo, being from Mentone, I got some good white trash ones.
    Livestock in your backyard. Chicken wire a plus.
    drunk skinny guys in flannel shirts
    having a meth lab three doors down from your house, and no one calls about it.
    half of your grandkids are illigitimate, and the only one married is the girl.
    dead lawn.
    using paper cups and plates all of the time.
    bleached mall hair

I'd think of more, but I am sooo freaking tired.

Leave a comment:

• PrincessY
    replied

White trash can be redneck, and redneck can be white trash - but they are two seperate things.
    Sounds like a good topic for the Debate Lounge!

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

sandwich spread. and tang .. had it all the time when i was a kid.. Now I wont touch it :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Sambo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PrincessY
    replied

Where I come from white trash episodes usually start with "Here, hold muh beer while I....
    Sounds more Redneck. But what's the real difference?

Leave a comment:

• Sambo
    replied

Where I come from white trash episodes usually start with "Here, hold muh beer while I..."

It seldom ends well.

Leave a comment:

• QuietViolet
    replied

Ewww... I remember Sunny Delight.. It's just called sunny D now.... and tang... icky icky.. We also used to freeze koolaid in little sandwitch bags and then poke holes in the bags and eat them like otter pops... lol

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Tasmic!
    replied

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
    Going to the movies with a huge bag of stale popcorn stuffed in my mothers purse, since "the popcorn is how they "get you" at the movie theater"!
    And the candy, soda, pretels........

Originally posted by Mighty Mikerscope View Post
    Clipping playing cards into the spokes of your bike with clothespins so they made lots of noise as you rode down the street.
    I did THAT!!! To make it sound like a motorcycle.

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
    -We had an extra freezer that my dad used to buy milk on sale and then freeze it.
    "Frozen milk?" That is unheard of!

Originally posted by cerpin taxt View Post
    My mom keeping a wooden spoon in her purse to hit us with.
    Hahaha!!

Originally posted by wickedqueeniam View Post
    ~Saving box tops and sending them in for free gifts. We had all kinds of free things from Campbells, Koolaid and all the different cereal companies.
    I remember that!!

Leave a comment:

• jennasmom
    replied

when we went camping there was Dinty Moore Beef Stew. or Cup O'Noodles. Sunny Delight. Or the gallons of red punch for .99 in the refridgerated section.
    The other night I did make Tater Tot casserole and trashy or not it is great once in awhile.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X