http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Re: Things you grew up with you might consider "white trash" now

pick up trucks made by a US auto maker.
      Growing older is manditory
      Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Also... reading the yellow pages for entertainment, and always buying and drinking powdered milk, since "the fresh stuff just gets spoiled."

Comment

Originally posted by disneytim View Post
          Plastic beads as room dividers.
          Eeek! We had those. And plastic floor runners to keep the hallway carpets from getting too dirty.
          She did it!

Comment

Fondue pots!

and avocado colored kitchens

Comment

Lava lamps

Velvet Elvis paintings
              Growing older is manditory
              Growing up is however, optional

Comment

rag rugs
                campers on the back of pickup trucks
                tie dyed shirts
                shag haircuts
                hamberger pattys with soup on them ( cringe) meatloaf ( sorry that stuff looks and smells like dog food)

Comment

Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
                  Lava lamps

Velvet Elvis paintings
                  any kind of velvet painting !!

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
                    always buying and drinking powdered milk, since "the fresh stuff just gets spoiled."
                    Yep grew up on it.
                    How about tongue cooked on a presser cooker. And tongue sandwich's the next day.

Mom telling Dad we need to trade in our 15 year old Rambler because it made us look like Okies. So we got a 5 year old Rambler.
                    Originally posted by lazyboy97O
                    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
                    Originally posted by steamboatpete
                    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
                      Lava lamps

Velvet Elvis paintings
                      God honest truth, my parents have a baby picture of me over their bed painted on black velvet...

I told her I wanted it, but she won't let me have it.

True story...
                      Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

The Happy Steak and Mr. Steak. They put different colored plastic cows in the steaks depending on how you liked your meat cooked: red for rare, pink for medium, blue for well-done. I used to collect those when my family went out to eat (youngest of 8 kids)
                        I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
                        That explains the trouble that I'm always in...
                        sigpic

Comment

lets' see....

dirt bike riding every weekend in the desert and at the beach.

guns, lots of guns...

reloading ammo for fun.....

hunting

everyday from noon to bedtime bring a drink fest and party with the neighbors time.

oh, the huge illegal firework display we used to have.

I was going through one of our family albums and there's a group [photo that looks like pure white trash. I told my mother how horrible it looked and asked what the heck she was thinking. She just said everyone was going dirt bike riding...great...I was two at the time.

Comment

• Hee Haw
                            • white bread spread with ketchup and a slice of American cheese. Pop into the toaster and instant white trash pizza
                            • raising fighting chickens
                            • living on a worm farm
                            • going school clothes shopping at Good Will
                            • cardboard box on the front of your bike for a basket
                            • plastic on the chairs and the carpet

I could go on, but this childhood reminiscing is getting depressing.

Comment

I just thought of another one.

having about 6 or 7 pit bulls used for wild boar hunting (breaking up pit bull fights, no we did not have them for fighting, but they still did )......sewing up the hunting dogs after they got gored....I never did that, but saw it done *shudder* I guess that goes with hunting...

Comment

Gold shag carpet in the family and living room, olive drab in the girls' bedroom. Looked lovely with light blue walls :botox:

When my parents did the addition of the game room and laundry room in '79, the carpet was flat with a design of red and black "rocks". Super snazzy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Playing outside ALL DAY in the summer and only coming in to pee or grab a snack. Riding bikes around the block by ourselves, swimming at friends' houses, climbing the huge trees in our front yard. And when the weather started to change, playing barefoot outside after dark and your feet were FREEZING but you didn't want to stop playing long enough to go in and get shoes on for fear of missing something fun or have the magic of your pretending disappear once you got back... *sigh*
                                  sigpic

Comment

Clipping playing cards into the spokes of your bike with clothespins so they made lots of noise as you rode down the street.
                                    Far from the frenzy of the frantic world above.

Comment

Soon to be ex-Hubby and his new family are the eptome of white trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Spidergrrrl View Post
                                        Eeek! We had those. And plastic floor runners to keep the hallway carpets from getting too dirty.
                                        then playing tricks on unsuspecting people by turning it upside down, so the spikey side was up, and laughing as they jumped up and down!!)

Originally posted by Jennidisneyfer View Post
                                        Playing outside ALL DAY in the summer and only coming in to pee or grab a snack. Riding bikes around the block by ourselves, swimming at friends' houses, climbing the huge trees in our front yard. And when the weather started to change, playing barefoot outside after dark and your feet were FREEZING but you didn't want to stop playing long enough to go in and get shoes on for fear of missing something fun or have the magic of your pretending disappear once you got back... *sigh*
                                        *sigh* how i wish it was still like that!!! If my kids did even one 100th of what I did as a kid, i would have a heartattack!! *sigh*

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
                                        Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
                                        Originally Posted by MWalton
                                        :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by scrappydawg View Post
                                          Otter Pops
                                          what are these???

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
                                          Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
                                          Originally Posted by MWalton
                                          :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X