X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Things you grew up with you might consider "white trash" now

Originally posted by dpdilla View Post
    mixing velveeta and white rice (i was shocked at how many of my friends loved that haha)

Two of the most disgusting foods, mix them together - UGH!
    mixing spaghetti and rice and thinking it's spanish rice
    Another one I've never heard of - sounds gross!

In what state are these friends living?

Comment

-Making Halloween costumes out of household items.

I was Wonder Woman and totally rocked it out in a red bathing suit with aluminum foil wrist bands. LOL

-Putting your feet in plastic grocery bags before putting them in your shoe when you are about to go out in snow.

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
        -Making Halloween costumes out of household items.

I was Wonder Woman and totally rocked it out in a red bathing suit with aluminum foil wrist bands. LOL

-Putting your feet in plastic grocery bags before putting them in your shoe when you are about to go out in snow.
        we used to do the plastic bag thing.. didnt want our feet to get wet from the shoe (in case your boots leaked)

Friends for life

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
          -

I used sandwich bags. I was a little kid when I lived where it snows.

Comment

Our drinking glasses were all glasses we either got from McDonalds or Taco Bell, with Mayor McCheese or Loony Tunes characters, or were won in our church's annual Fiesta in those games where you toss a coin into the tower of glassware and whatever your coin lands in, you win.

Comment

Originally posted by Olympicnut View Post
              those games where you toss a coin into the tower of glassware and whatever your coin lands in, you win.
              We didn't have the money to get those "fancy glasses" from eating out at McDonald's!

Originally posted by cerpin taxt View Post
              I used sandwich bags.
              We didn't live in snow country, but I do remember plastic baggies with rubberbands for rain boots. How embarrassing!

Comment

Our drinking glasses were all glasses we either got from McDonalds or Taco Bell, with Mayor McCheese or Loony Tunes characters, or were won in our church's annual Fiesta in those games where you toss a coin into the tower of glassware and whatever your coin lands in, you win.
                How about using old glass jars as drinking glasses?

Comment

Keeping the LifeTouch Proof photos in elementary school.

Comment

What about the jelly you could buy and then use the jars as glasses?

There are several things listed on here that we still do: Riding quads, tater tot casserole (occasionally), Otter Pops, Sunny D, etc.

Comment

A Thermos filled with a drink for lunch. From 1st to 8th grade, instead of buying something at school, or bringing a soda, or something along those lines, I had to bring a Thermos filled with a drink. Usually milk, often chocolate milk, sometimes Hi-C.

Comment

A Thermos filled with a drink for lunch. From 1st to 8th grade, instead of buying something at school, or bringing a soda, or something along those lines, I had to bring a Thermos filled with a drink. Usually milk, often chocolate milk, sometimes Hi-C.
                        All through elementary school here. One time it leaked on my PB&J sandwich and made it all soupy. I didn't eat it of course, that's icky.

Comment

O-nut, right there with you!! My mom sent milk in a thermos EVERY DAY!! Ugh, it was humiliating!

Funny, back then bringing a lunch was semi-white trash. Now buying a lunch in our neighborhood is way white trash until about 5th grade or middle school.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                            O-nut, right there with you!! My mom sent milk in a thermos EVERY DAY!! Ugh, it was humiliating!

Funny, back then bringing a lunch was semi-white trash. Now buying a lunch in our neighborhood is way white trash until about 5th grade or middle school.
                            My kids have always bought school lunches (yet another white trash thing we have always done). :lol: We are still doing this with our youngest (oldest has graduated) but now it's totally cool because he is in high school and can go off-campus to buy lunch.

Comment

What about the day-after bakery? DOes that count?

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Comment

OMG! I STILL go to the day after bakery! Those are some good deals!
                                <3 Chloe

Comment

• Re: Things you grew up with you might consider &quot;white trash&quot; now

Originally posted by JosieGirl71 View Post
                                  My kids have always bought school lunches (yet another white trash thing we have always done). :lol: We are still doing this with our youngest (oldest has graduated) but now it's totally cool because he is in high school and can go off-campus to buy lunch.
                                  At least they weren't the kids that had to buy their lunch with a blue ticket. There were alot of those in my elementary school.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                                    Another one I've never heard of - sounds gross!

In what state are these friends living?
                                    haha, southern california actually, but the guy who first showed me his cheese and rice cuisine is originally from yucaipa if that says anything.

Comment

haha, southern california actually, but the guy who first showed me his cheese and rice cuisine is originally from yucaipa if that says anything.
                                      I was trying to give them an excuse for not knowing what real Mexican food really is, but nope. Californians have no excuse.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X