This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Malibu Fire

Wow, I've been watching the news here in Phoenix and it sounds horrible. What a terrible day. Stay safe my California friends, I've got my fingers crossed for you.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

TMZ said the castle house was going to be sold!

Then the LG house burnt down.
      http://www.tmz.com/2007/10/21/summer...house-on-fire/
      Har har har

Comment

These fires are SO not good. The evacuations in Canyon Country aren't moving very quickly. This is scary. I hope everyone who lives there is able to get out safely!!!
        MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Fires today:
          Malibu
          Canyon Country (Agua Dulce Fire)
          Orange County (Irvine)
          San Diego
          Porter Ranch
          Castaic
          Santa Rosa/Fontana/Aguanga

SO not good. I'm praying for everyone to get out safe!
          MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Irvine?
            Is that one bad? Do they have it under control?
            Har har har

Comment

It just broke out around 6. 100-acre-ish fire near the 241 Toll Road. They're calling it the "Silverado Canyon."
              MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Jeeze man....California's on fire!!..I hate all this ash....
                <3 Chloe

Comment

Originally posted by MissChristine View Post
                  The beautiful castle in Malibu, just east of Pepperdine church, is up in flames. This fire sucks.

That's what it normally looks like. But now it's not looking so good. Apparently, they're sending fire crews and water tankers up to the structure because it's a historical home.
                  I remember making sure to point that out to whoever was with me anytime we went through Kanan

And moorpark and porter ranch? Wee...Im RIGHT in between those 2. Craptastic. I have to drive to work in Van Nuys tomorrow. Stupid freakin fires. My eyes hurt SO bad.
                  "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Everyone keep good thoughts for our own Villans Fan, she's fairly close to one of the fires

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Mine too. Had to take out the contacts. But you know what, we're lucky to have only our eyes bothering us, to not be those people who are possibly going to loose everything.
                      MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

We :love: you JoJo!! We're here for you!! :squeeze:
                        MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Originally posted by MissChristine View Post
                          Mine too. Had to take out the contacts. But you know what, we're lucky to have only our eyes bothering us, to not be those people who are possibly going to loose everything.
                          So true.

Jojo! :love: Stay safe
                          "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Last big fire we had all the smoke settle here in this wonderful dustbowl so bad that the kids had to do PE indoors for a week or so it's horrible.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Any word on Our Lady of Malibu Catholic Church and Elementary school near Pepperdine?

12/18 TC DAY

Comment

Yeah, I can't believe it

Originally posted by ThomasJefferson View Post
                                Any word on Our Lady of Malibu Catholic Church and Elementary school near Pepperdine?
                                "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasJefferson View Post
                                  Not sure about those specific places, but the link MissChristine posted previously seems to be the best for information right now.
                                  http://www.myfoxla.com/myfox/pages/H...DE43B1BFAB9CEA

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Anyone hear if they're bringing in fire fighters from other states/other part of the state? Because...we're gonna need 'em.
                                    MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Yes! I know that one of the trucks in Newport Beach went out to Malibu and one of the other engines went up to Fontana. That's all I know though. And I also heard they have brought a lot of trucks and engine from other parts of the state and local counties.
                                      Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
                                      FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
                                      I bring the magic!!!
                                      "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
                                      Originally posted by Reverend DMother
                                      Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

Good. I'm glad to hear that. I really hope that crews from Nevada come over. I know it's a long trek, but CA is in a state of emergency, here.
                                        MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

I saw some of the trucks from out here heading out earlier. Where exactly they were going, I dont know....

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X