X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hakuna Makarla
    replied
    Re: Malibu Fire

LL I am so sorry, I do hope there home is ok, Also please if anyone can tell me how bad it in in chula vista, Alan, ( king of hearts) is there. I am so worried, I have tried to call, but the lines say service is busy.

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Originally posted by DizDee View Post
    I primarily live in HB.

My second home is in Twin Peaks/Grass Valley area of Lake Arrowhead.
    I'm up there all the time and consider myself a mountain local.
    oh ok.. thanks.. prayers to you too my friend

Leave a comment:

• DizDee
    replied

Originally posted by kelly View Post
    where abouts do you live dizdee
    I primarily live in HB.

My second home is in Twin Peaks/Grass Valley area of Lake Arrowhead.
    I'm up there all the time and consider myself a mountain local.

Leave a comment:

• knittingknerd
    replied

Originally posted by pratt55 View Post
    I think anyone caught looting during a disaster should be shot on the spot.
    I am usually anti-violence. Now...those guys should have karma kick them in the tush. The problem is no one can step away from the fire to catch the looters.

Leave a comment:

• knittingknerd
    replied

Originally posted by cal4iri View Post
    Are there really no other water/retardant dropping helicopters and jets in the United States that can't get over here and put these fires out?!?! What happened with that DC10 that was dropping?!?!
    I was yelling at the tv to the droppers "drop on my house!"It's insane...

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Doesn't that just fry your @$$! :rant:

So are you back home now? I have friends in Saugus/Santa Clarita by Central park and haven't heard from them yet today. Is that area safe?
    where abouts do you live dizdee

Leave a comment:

• DizDee
    replied

Originally posted by MollyTrolly View Post
    Yes, the fire has moved back I think behind Seco Canyon / San Fransiquito cyn (so way back in the hills). Bouquet Cyn is open until Lombardi Ranch. The worst thing now is the smoke which I think is actually from the San Bernadino fires...

Also, KABC is shoing the DC10 making another RUnning Springs drop right now.

I drove up Camp Plenty in Canyon Country earlier where they lost 7 homes, its beyond tragic, but things at this point have calmed down for the area. The winds are still blowing though.
    Yep just saw it - that plane is very cool.

Good news about your area, at least for now. But as you well know, the winds shift and then, who knows? Hope things keep going in the right direction for you, MollyTrolly.

Leave a comment:

• pratt55
    replied

Regarding looters, we had them here too Sunday night one street up...makes me sick. Luckily on my street we had a neighbor who is a police officer and he stayed all night so our street was safe. Anyone caught looting in an emergency like this should get special punishment.
    I think anyone caught looting during a disaster should be shot on the spot. This is such a horrible tragedy happening and it does not appear that it is going to end any time soon. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by this disaster and to the many emergency service providers who are doing all they can to help mitigate this situation.

Leave a comment:

• MollyTrolly
    replied

So are you back home now? I have friends in Saugus/Santa Clarita by Central park and haven't heard from them yet today. Is that area safe?
    Yes, the fire has moved back I think behind Seco Canyon / San Fransiquito cyn (so way back in the hills). Bouquet Cyn is open until Lombardi Ranch. The worst thing now is the smoke which I think is actually from the San Bernadino fires...

Also, KABC is shoing the DC10 making another RUnning Springs drop right now.

I drove up Camp Plenty in Canyon Country earlier where they lost 7 homes, its beyond tragic, but things at this point have calmed down for the area. The winds are still blowing though.

Leave a comment:

• DizDee
    replied

Regarding looters, we had them here too Sunday night one street up...makes me sick. Luckily on my street we had a neighbor who is a police officer and he stayed all night so our street was safe. Anyone caught looting in an emergency like this should get special punishment.

Leave a comment:

• MollyTrolly
    replied

DC10 is still there. Problem is they need to go back to SB to refill. It is about an hour turn around time. Plus according to scanner, San Diego is begging for the jet to go there, so it may have left after the last drop. That pilot is awesome going in that low over the mountain terrain.

The DC10 cant make great precise drops either so they are basically laying a fire line as close as they can. been watching on TV, hose pilots are awesome.

Leave a comment:

• DizDee
    replied

Originally posted by cal4iri View Post
    Are there really no other water/retardant dropping helicopters and jets in the United States that can't get over here and put these fires out?!?! What happened with that DC10 that was dropping?!?!
    DC10 is still there. Problem is they need to go back to SB to refill. It is about an hour turn around time. Plus according to scanner, San Diego is begging for the jet to go there, so it may have left after the last drop. That pilot is awesome going in that low over the mountain terrain.

Leave a comment:

• cal4iri
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

That's because I'm hearing it directly on the scanner transmissions from firefighters and sheriffs.

Thanks for your concern Kelly and everyone else. :love:

thats right I forgot. (the scanner)

these peopel are just aweful

hugs to all of you

please be safe all of you ..

Leave a comment:

• knittingknerd
    replied

I am at the 330 if you are going up, turn left at Live Oak (put the car in 1st gear up that hill), then I get my streets confused but you turn right past the weird like octogon house I think it's Knoll View, right on All View then on Spring Oak... Like you know where the fire station is on 18? I go across the street down the little street, right and that's my street. I was looking on KNBC's maps and I found my street.

Leave a comment:

• DizDee
    replied

Oh wow that is aweful.. we havent heard anything about looters in vegas... am wathcing the news right now
    That's because I'm hearing it directly on the scanner transmissions from firefighters and sheriffs.

Thanks for your concern Kelly and everyone else. :love:

Leave a comment:

• DizDee
    replied

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Are you talking about the 10-15 guys in a white pick up truck in Running Springs? I heard about that. I swore. My co-workers town is being evacuated.
    Yes, those are the ones!! They were cruising the Twin Peaks area too.

I just heard the whole Fredalbla area is gone, is that south of 330 from you?

They are predicting that parts of the Green Valley fire will hit the east shore of Lake Arrowheaad by dark. They are trying to evacuate the 27 critical patients at the hospital and calling for available ambulances from SB. Those poor people!

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

Oh wow that is aweful.. we havent heard anything about looters in vegas... am wathcing the news right now

Same scumbags who loot after a plane crash. Makes you sad that they are also a part of the human race.

Leave a comment:

• QuietViolet
    replied

Still watching, Kim.. I'll let you know if I see anything.

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

And you might as well add in the truck load of Bozos that are cruising the areas looting the empty homes!!! What the :!$#%: is wrong with these :!$#%: slimeballs. I'm livid when i read on the scanner that they out run authorities and get away with it. :verymad:

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X