• Show
Clear All

Re: Malibu Fire

Stay safe everyone :squeeze:
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I just got back into my house (we were mandatory evacuated yesterday around 5pm), I am in the Bouquet Cyn / Plum Cyn area of Saugus, the fire got within a street from my house. Luckily we didn't lose any homes in our immediate area.

Stay safe everyone!

A little piece of heaven

Comment

KK: Arrowhead fire 70% contained. Stay safe!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Hamand View Post
          For San Diego residents, there are a lot of evacuation areas. Our house is in one. We headed over to my mom's early this morning.
          Where did you evacuate from? I am in San Marcos where they have evacuated Cal State SM and Discovery Hills which is just on the other side of the freeway from us. Too close for comfort. At least we seem to be a little north of the others. The sky is sooo black though, it's really creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by MINNIESFRIEND View Post
            . The sky is sooo black though, it's really creepy.
            I'm west of San Marcos. It is creepy looking out the window. :unsure:

PrincessY- I know it was for KK but thanks for the update on the Arrowhead fire.

Comment

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
              Our goldfish is in his "transport" sun tea jug.... Ack! I am totally freaked right now there's the update.
              The situation totally sucks, and I hope everyone's homes stay OK... but the thought of a goldfish in a sun tea jug is cute

Comment

VF, I'm glad that you're safe.

I hope that everyone and their families are all safe!:ghug:
                Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
                FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
                I bring the magic!!!
                "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
                Originally posted by Reverend DMother
                Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

Originally posted by LuvsLilo View Post

PrincessY- I know it was for KK but thanks for the update on the Arrowhead fire.
                  :bow:

If you are in San Marcos, you are near danger too. Stay safe LL!

I feel lucky to be in one of the safe areas of SoCal right now. Dusty and smoky but safe.

Comment

I was feeling that way too cuz I'm in a safe area. But with the winds, who knows what could happen. I have a little bit of nervousness going on.
                    I bring the magic!!!
                    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
                    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy4 View Post
                      I was feeling that way too cuz I'm in a safe area. But with the winds, who knows what could happen. I have a little bit of nervousness going on.
                      I know what you mean. I'm a bit nervous too. In fact, I've done some mental lists of what I would grab if we had to evacuate.

Gov. Arnold has (finally) declared a state emergency (ya think?).

Comment

Ugh i hate this so far. Last night some people that evacuated Ramona went to Poway High (my school ) then they got evacuated from there. Then early this morning some people that live by Poway High got evacuated. Just worried i might have to.
                        *Thecoolestaw*

Comment

Well he just did it publicly, but I think he was already stating that yesterday. Maybe it wasn't official til he "saw" it. Who knows.

And I didn't mean to be Negative Nelly, but the wind just makes me nervous. Anything can happen with power lines. I hate the damn wind!
                          I bring the magic!!!

Comment

Been watching the firs situations on the news (here in vegas)

all I can say is WOW.. brought back memories to a few years back... when everything in fullerton was just covered in ash

Be safe everyone

Friends for life

Comment

Didn't I just hear that Running Springs has been ordered to evacuate? Are you still there Knittingknerd?? The Arrowhead fire sprang up SO fast, they don't have air support.

Comment

For those who are under mandatory evacuation:

Check with your insurance agent/company on applicable "Prohibited Use" coverage.

Most insurance policys state that when a civil authority prohibits your use of the 'residence premises' (structure), because of direct damage to a neighboring premises (could be sub divisions, neighborhoods, etc...) you may get some coverage for living expenses you incur...

This usually is for a period of 2 weeks.

Thats my public service announcement for the day
                                If anyone has any property insurance questions (homeowners, commercial, etc...) feel free to PM me for any help!
                                Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

these fires are terrible. I'm seeing so many homes burning on the news and it's just so sad. A lot of the people stay very positive though! That's nice to see and hear.

Over here in Signal Hill/Long Beach, you can see the ocean and Palos Verdes and it's just covered in nasty dirty sky. Ash is everywhere. It looks like there's a huge orange light on over the city instead of the sun.

Comment

So many MiceChatters affected by all this!!! Text messaged daughter about Arrowhead, and she messaged back that her class was cancelled today! She's in Vista, next door to San Marcos!!

Thoughts and prayers going out to everyone... may you all be safe!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                                    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

It seems like as soon as they get it a little under control, the wind blows, embers fly, and something else sparks... I've said it before and I'll say it again, be safe everyone!
                                      <3 Chloe

Comment

I've heard that at least one of them was arson............

Comment

• Re: Malibu Fire

Irvine was arson and it was set in 3 places.
                                          I bring the magic!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X