• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Disneyland Daddy
    ...is fading out....
    • Jul 2006

OBNOXIOUS Family @ Disneyland

My wife and I decided to take our son to Disneyland today (in spite of the blustery day that it was.)

We got to the park around 1pm and only spent about 4 hours in the park, and that was good for us. We hit Jungle Cruise and Casey Jr....and decided to get on It's A Small World to end the trip.

As we stood in line, we noticed a somewhat obnoxious family ahead of us. The little girls would not stay with their mom.....and would hold up the line. And then their Mom ducks OUT of line to go hail the Dad that's out wandering around looking for them. Mind you, the older of the two girls was probably 10 and the younger maybe 6.

So, Mom get's Dad and brings him in to line with us. OK. As we are coming around the bend, the parade starts....and the family won't move. The line is held up beyond understanding....and the CM on hand tells them 'Sir, you'll have to keep the line moving." And he says "We want to see the parade." CM says "You'll have to exit the line to view the parade, otherwise I'll have to ask that you keep the line moving." He wouldn't move....so finally as we start to pass him, he jumps in front of us.....all the while his daughters still clinging to the railing watching the parade.....and so he's back and forth getting his daughters - yelling their names.....UNREAL!

As if it wasn't bad enough, they ended up riding in the first two rows of our boat. As stood at the dock to board, the CM in the control booth asked that the 'young lady' not lean or hang on the safety gates. So the Dad shouts out to his daughter "She's the wicked witch of the north!" Not only could the daughter hear it, but so could the CM - and my wife and I looked at each other in shock because he was totally out of line and the CM was very kind to them.

So, we're on the ride, and the elder daughter starts shouting at her Dad to STOP! He was poking here and irritating her, etc. It was so obnoxious. I've never seen such behavior from a family in Disneyland - but it get's better.

As we are in the boat going through the various countries, the girls are putting their hands in the water splashing! That's right - scooping up water and tossing it high in the air in front of the boat. They each did it once....and Mom said "I'm gonna smack you."

As we exited the IASW building, the Dad noticed all the coins in the water....so the girls start sticking their hands in the water fishing for them. I don't think they could reach them, but the fact that they tried and weren't reprimanded was unbelievable. And then again, one of the girls did another water scoop and flung water.

Then they both stood up in the boat as if searching for something.....and then the one tried to climb in to the others row.....mind you, they had rows 1 and 2 and we were in row 3.

As we came to the 'Y' in the dock, the one daughter was standing, and the CM said "I"m going to have to ask you to stay seated and keep your hands in the boat." Then the Dad yelled out "She's a witch too!" The Mom said, "There's sure a lot of witches around here, and you wouldn't expect any on this ride especially."

My wife and I were so so so close to saying something to this family, but we did not. They were so rude - not only to the CM's, but to the rest of us on the boat that had to put up with their nonsense.

Anyway, I just had to share this story with you. I usually don't see people as obnoxious as this in the park - and if I do, I've never had to share a boat with them.

Thanks for reading - as this is sort of a 'vent'.
  • tassie
    MiceChatter
    • Jul 2006

Re: OBNOXIOUS Family @ Disneyland

why were they even there?? sure didn't soiund like they were having a fun day

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

• Alice's Wonderland
      Directly directed
      • Feb 2005

Awful. What's really sad is that they probably act that way at home too and think that what they're doing is okay.

Comment

• penguinsoda
        Jester of Randomness
        MiceChat Moderator
        • Jan 2005

I commend you for keeping your cool and NOT saying anything... I don't think I would of been so generous myself.... :evil:

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

• cerpin taxt
          MiceChatter
          • Nov 2006

Whoa! That's crazy. I'd of said something. I know there are alot of childish adults out there, but it's really scary when you encounter or hear about ones this bad. And to think that they are responsible for children. My 3 year old niece is more respectful and well behaved than the dad sounded. I always hate it when people are clearly doing something selfish and stupid or even dangerous and ignore the CMs when they politely tell them to stop. But calling them Witches? That has got to be the most infantile behavior I've ever heard of.

Comment

• Sambo
            Down Pluto!
            • Feb 2005

I think there is already a thread about this...

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

• cerpin taxt
              MiceChatter
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Sambo View Post
              I think there is already a thread about this...
              Yup. I totally was picturing a white trash family when I was imagining them. Unless...do you think they mabe could have been a....um special family?

Comment

• Disneyland Daddy
                ...is fading out....
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                I commend you for keeping your cool and NOT saying anything... I don't think I would of been so generous myself.... :evil:
                Thank you for that. I appreciate it.

One thing I forgot to mention....when we were coming out from the show building, my son make a couple of shrieking noises - he usually does that when he get's excited. If anything, they are cute - but are loud, no less. And when he did this, the little girls looked at him as if to say "You're so loud baby! Geez!"

It was wild - I've never seen such behavior. And wife and I surmise that they children are just a biproduct of the childish behaved parents.....and because the parents were the way they were, society won't get much from the little girls either, if they follow in their folks' footstep - unfortunately.

Comment

• Jazzman
                  Banned User
                  • Jan 2005

You should have spoken up. Social retards like this need to be put in their place. I used to stay silent and simmer in a bisque of irritation and annoyance when situations like this arose, but after working in retail for a decade I decided to say screw it and now I call people on crap like this at every opportunity. If we as a society don't start speaking up then this behavior will become socially acceptable in general, if it hasn't already.

Besides, you'd be amazed how great it feels for service industry workers who get back-talk and abuse from craphead guests when another guest pipes up, says what employees wish they could say, and calls out the a-holes. It's really very cathartic. I've given out many a free Icey or discount to Guest Samaritans who do that.

Comment

• cerpin taxt
                    MiceChatter
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post

It was wild - I've never seen such behavior. And wife and I surmise that they children are just a biproduct of the childish behaved parents.....and because the parents were the way they were, society won't get much from the little girls either, if they follow in their folks' footstep - unfortunately.
                    You can only hope that kids with parents like that grow up and realize through interaction with other people what dorks their parents are. It takes quite a bit of intellegence and willpower for kids to overcome the damage of that kind of non-parenting and make a 180 from it. Sadly, as you pointed out, most just seem to make a 360.

Comment

• cerpin taxt
                      MiceChatter
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Jazzman View Post
                      You should have spoken up. Social retards like this need to be put in their place. I used to stay silent and simmer in a bisque of irritation and annoyance when situations like this arose, but after working in retail for a decade I decided to say screw it and now I call people on crap like this at every opportunity. If we as a society don't start speaking up then this behavior will become socially acceptable in general, if it hasn't already.

Besides, you'd be amazed how great it feels for service industry workers who get back-talk and abuse from craphead guests when another guest pipes up, says what employees wish they could say, and calls out the a-holes. It's really very cathartic. I've given out many a free Icey or discount to Guest Samaritans who do that.
                      Jazzman, I worked in retail too and developed a similar attitude. I've come to the defense of retail and food service workers as a guest on many occasions. However, he had his kid with him, so he did the responsible thing in just letting it go. I've found that putting mean idiots in their place can be fun and feel very good, but it can also get you into alot of trouble. People, especially ones like this, are unpredictable. It's good to know when and how to pick your fights, and it's best to keep a strong sense of humor. People like this love to be the center of attention, so often giving them something to fight about is just doing them a favor. Trust me, thier stupidity will lead them to all kinds of misfortune as punishment.

Comment

• Disneyland Daddy
                        ...is fading out....
                        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by cerpin taxt View Post
                        Jazzman, I worked in retail too and developed a similar attitude. I've come to the defense of retail and food service workers as a guest on many occasions. However, he had his kid with him, so he did the responsible thing in just letting it go. I've found that putting mean idiots in their place can be fun and feel very good, but it can also get you into alot of trouble. People, especially ones like this, are unpredictable. It's good to know when and how to pick your fights, and it's best to keep a strong sense of humor. People like this love to be the center of attention, so often giving them something to fight about is just doing them a favor. Trust me, thier stupidity will lead them to all kinds of misfortune as punishment.
                        Right on!

I'm sure by days end, this family had already flown off the Mad Tea Party or jumped out of the Monorail.....HA HA HAHAAHH Heck - if they are the least bit computer savy, maybe they are on MiceChat right now reading this. If they are "Hey you! It's me - the guy in the blue shirt in the aviator sunglasses that sat behind you... " :lol:

Comment

• Dan - Tasmic!
                          Banned User
                          • Jun 2006

So, Mom get's Dad and brings him in to line with us. OK. As we are coming around the bend, the parade starts....and the family won't move. The line is held up beyond understanding....and the CM on hand tells them 'Sir, you'll have to keep the line moving." And he says "We want to see the parade." CM says "You'll have to exit the line to view the parade, otherwise I'll have to ask that you keep the line moving." He wouldn't move....so finally as we start to pass him, he jumps in front of us.....all the while his daughters still clinging to the railing watching the parade.....and so he's back and forth getting his daughters - yelling their names.....UNREAL!
                          Treat like dead bodies and go around them!!

Me too in order not to cause further confrontation. I would suggest to politely ask them.

Thank you for that. I appreciate it.

One thing I forgot to mention....when we were coming out from the show building, my son make a couple of shrieking noises - he usually does that when he get's excited. If anything, they are cute - but are loud, no less. And when he did this, the little girls looked at him as if to say "You're so loud baby! Geez!"
                          They could of be a lot nicer about it, not be so rude!!

I despise obnoxious families. They don't have the common sense or courtesy to be nice.

One time, I was working parades and this Ethiopian Family, I believe was blocking the walkway and I asked them kindly to move, but they refused, so I asked them again. then I got so frustrated so I just left, it wasn't worth it.

Comment

• I Heart Disneyland
                            Banned User
                            • Aug 2005

Same here. I'd be so angry, I'd have had to spout off!!!

Comment

• Disneyland Daddy
                              ...is fading out....
                              • Jul 2006

I think what bothers me the most about my story today and all of others that have shared theirs, are that they are stories of people who have no care in the world for others around them. They think they are the only ones in existence and that everything revolves around them. I mean, sure, no one is perfec - that's not what I am saying. But this family that DanTasmic discusses and the family I encountered today is just an example of blatant rudeness and not a care for those around them nor any authority figure - no matter how kind that authority figure may be. And I witnessed the CM's - they were not rude at all, just kindly doing their jobs.

I am realizing now that I wish I had gotten those CM's names and given them praise at City Hall. Darnit.

Comment

• Disneyland Daddy
                                ...is fading out....
                                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                                Same here. I'd be so angry, I'd have had to spout off!!!
                                I think had they actually come in any sort of physical contact with my family or myself, I would have definitely been in the Dad's face and had an IASW CM on hand....

Comment

• jane2073
                                  She was sweet as a peach
                                  • Mar 2006

I am realizing now that I wish I had gotten those CM's names and given them praise at City Hall. Darnit.
                                  That is the best thing you can do. I was waiting outside Rock-n-Rollercoaster one time and watched a mother berate a cast member for 20 minutes because her child was not tall enough to go on the ride. (He was clearly too short.) The cast member remained very poised. I was so impressed that when the mother left I told the CM how much I admired her for being so calm under pressure. I also went to Guest Relations to make a positive report about her.

Don't worry about missing your opportunity. Unfortunately I am sure you will witness this type of behavior again.

Comment

• sydney
                                    New MiceChatter
                                    • Jun 2007

People like this seem to always feel like since they paid good money to go to Disneyland (or anywhere for that matter that charges an entry fee) that they should be allowed to act however they want. Whatever happened to social graces and the consideration for other people? If they continue to act like this in public, they are not going to have many friends.
                                    I always feel sorry for the emplyee's that have to deal with people like this. Other paying customers can tell them off but the emplyee's can't and they are usually the ones who have been treated the worst. I commend all the DL CM's for handling these families nicely.
                                    It sounds like in this instance though, that a CM should have kicked the family off the ride. And whats with calling their kids Witches? It makes you wonder how these poor kids are treated in private.
                                    I realize that DL can get crowded but that doesn't give anyone the right to be obnoxious to other people.

Comment

• SCUBAbe
                                      no flash photography...
                                      • Jan 2005

yeah, I had a run in with boys hissing, pushing and wrestling around me. I ignored it until one boy shoved the other boy into me and I had to catch my camera bag from flying off my lap. The two mothers are just talking ignoring their kids. All i said was, "could you please play somewhere else." The mothers told the children i should not have told them that and I'm just a sad person. i told the mother I just didn't like her kids being shoved into me. She continues to tell her children I'm a sad person and showed know DL is a place for kids to have fun.

ok, We just ignored the mothers as they went on and on. Pretty soon they start talking again and the boys are pushing and shoving again. We finally just walked away. As we left the two ADULT women applauded. I find it very sad these boys are being taught to act this way. Yes, DL is a play for everyone to have fun. It's not a place to play in such a way that is annoying or injures others or potentially ruins there things. Thankfully I caught My camera bag and the actual camera which was out of the bag didn't fall on the ground.

I don't blame the children. They are not being taught how to behave. It seemed as long as the two women could talk and were not being annoyed then it was ok for their kids to do whatever they wanted.

I would never allow my child to do that in public and if she did fall into someone because she was pushed I would have apologized and had her apologize. i didn't get it. oh well.

Comment

• SCUBAbe
                                        no flash photography...
                                        • Jan 2005

Anyway, I just had to share this story with you. I usually don't see people as obnoxious as this in the park - and if I do, I've never had to share a boat with them.

Thanks for reading - as this is sort of a 'vent'.
                                        When people are annoying me in the line i dont share rise vehicles with them. When we get up to be grouped I let the CM know I dont want to be in the same car/boat with them and I tell them why. It has only happened once, but these teen boys were throwing candy and pennies at everyone in line and then at the POTC as they came back into the docks. It was really annoying and mean of them.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X