Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doing the Happy Dance! My house is okay!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing the Happy Dance! My house is okay!

Okay I know people look at the Malibu fires thread and think "that's 18 pages I don't want to read all that." So I am posting this as your local Mousechat Running Springs resident who has been freaking out the last few days, who was evacuated, who is currently at her grandparents house...

Yesterday: fire was in Fredalba, on Live Oak, at the Fire station, at Easy street... Basically surrounding my house. Talking to Mom and she was like "so where do you want to live?" We were basically resigned to "we're gonna' lose our house."

My mom's friend today walked around Allview and Spring Oak (If you look at it/walk it it's like a sideways D with Allview as the l and Spring Oak as the u part. We're on the bottom of the circle part fairly close to the 18... and yes I am giving my street name!). I don't know how she did it... I am not asking. But as of today NO DAMAGE! Our friend who lives on Spring Oak closer to the valley near Easy Street, said the fire got within 10 feet but didn't cause damage.

OHMYGOD!OHMYGOD! I spent all of yesterday stressed. Been watching news, I think I od-ed on news, Monday... was crazy but now! We're just waiting to go home. OHMYGOD! I am so excited! I think I sprouted gray/white hair because of this and now... okay 0% containment but... still...!

Had to get that out. There's like all these "__________'s appreciation threads!" And I will post there later, still on dial up, and I will post on all the other threads once this over (don't feel like the normal Kim 'cause I am not posting as much), but right now can we get a "fudge yes!" thread going? I am so hyper right now!

Re: Doing the Happy Dance! My house is okay!

Wonderful KK! I am so happy for you. Best news all day!

Comment

Hurray!!!!!! :d
      Growing older is manditory
      Growing up is however, optional

Comment

YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you, KK!
        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

that is wonderful news.

please keep trabuco canyon in your thoughts. that fire is right by my Bf's sisters house. she lives right off of live oak. It is getting really close.

Comment

Great news! I can't imagine the anxiety.
            Originally posted by Grumpee
            I only care for Disney bling!

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again... great news!!
              <3 Chloe

Comment

This is definitely wonderful news, I am so happy to hear your home is ok. We have been praying for ya!

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Good to read that everything is ok.

Comment

Yay! Thanks for posting the good news!

Maybe we should start a firemen appreciation thread! Just kidding! But we do really want to shout out a huge thanks to all the firemen who have worked their tails off and risked their lives to save as many homes as possible!

Comment

I'm glad that all is ok!!:yea::yea:
                      Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
                      FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
                      I bring the magic!!!
                      "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
                      Originally posted by Reverend DMother
                      Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

What a relief, I'm glad for you.
                        HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
                        "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Comment

I'm so glad your home is ok. These fires have been very stressful. I had a couple of fires near my home which I was keeping an eye on. Brings back terrible memories of the Grand Prix Fire back in 2003.

Take care.:squeeze:

Comment

I'm glad everything is ok for you!

Comment

I'm so glad your home is okay!

Comment

Oh my gosh that is such wonderful news!!!!! Thank you for letting us know and sharing all of this with us!!! :squeeze:

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                                all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I texted Chloe along with I think... almost everyone on my phonebook list with a text starting "Omgod!"

I actually watched t.v. today and not news. Actually started planning my novel that I start writing next Thursday! But on Channel 9 this morning they had some homes I recognized, on Live Oak on Channel 2 they had a home I drive by almost everyday that was fully aflame. It was weird. But the house on Live Oak they put out the fire. Yay! So yay! And all the old people here are like "we should go up there and catch them looters!" But hey... when they have the firemen appreciation day up there in R.S./ mountain area I am baking some giant chocolate chip cookies and I am saying "party in RS!" Oh and a new member on the board "FlyguyJake" pmed me and looking at the address lives down the street from me!

Thanks everyone for the prayers and well wishes... It's been a heck of a week. I keep saying "I am ready for the weekend" because I am ready for the stress to be over. Right now it's kinda' over.

Comment

So glad there is relief.. do you know when you get to go back home? Probably not for a while considering the containment over there isn't too great. God Bless the firemen.
                                    <3 Chloe

Comment

Great news, I'm so glad you're house is fine. )
                                      Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

It's moments like this that Fate tests us and we come out on top. Glad to hear everything is okay. No one needs this aggravation.

Peace forever,
                                        Roo
                                        husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X