This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland and the Kids

I enjoy this site very much and really think it is a great place to meet people who share the same passion for Disneyland as I have.

However, I have often asked myself after spending time reading the threads; can that passion for the park obscure the original intent for the park by its' founder?

I have seen so many posts about people hating strollers. I have seen threads about how people despise the Pooh ride (I admit being among them). I have seen discussions on how theme is sacrificed for Pitiful Pixar Play toys, and how splash mountain would be better off as a train ride through the old west. The fact remains that many of those attractions serve a very specific demographic that I feel is often overlooked in this forum. The Kids!

I am not here to agree or disagree with those opinions, but rather to pose a question.

Do you truly believe Disneyland is a place for Parents and children to have fun together? Or do you imagine the park as something else?
    Originally posted by Aristocat
    I miss David.
    Originally posted by Ginarella
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

Re: Disneyland and the Kids

Disneyland is so great - too bad kids are allowed in it (Just Kidding...)(Kinda)
    Strollers need their own area though rather than just parked anywhere the owner damn well pleases.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

:botox:
      I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
      That explains the trouble that I'm always in...
      sigpic

Comment

Lara,

I absolutely believe Walt's sentiments. While we may hate Pooh or stroller abuse we still love the park. In fact, if not for my kids, I wouldn't be a micechatter. It took me enjoying the park with my kids to realize how much it meant to me at their age and how much it means to me now with my kids there.

Walt's dream is still very alive. Some people dwell on the bad stuff. Same people would cry if they hit the lotto, 33% would go to taxes.

Comment

I think Disneyland is a place for me to have fun with me!

Wait. That didn't come out right...
          Originally posted by All4dISNEY
          Words hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Aristocat View Post
            I think Disneyland is a place for me to have fun with me!
            Wait. That didn't come out right...
            So you certainly miss the people mover & the skyway I'd imagine.

Comment

I believe that Disneyland is still a place for parents and children to enjoy together. I'm young, so not too long ago I was enjoying the park with my parents, and now that I am an adult, I enjoy the park because of all of the memories I have there from my childhood, as well as for the magic that still exists there. Disneyland is for people of all ages. I love seeing children having the time of their lives while at the park. Heck, I love having the time of MY life at the park.

Last month while I was at the park, Mickey was walking across HPB in DCA to go backstage and I was in his direct path. Like any Disney loving woman, I'm a sucker for Mickey Mouse, and for some reason I just FROZE even though I was in his way... he came up to me, gave me a hug and a "kiss" (with that kiss noise the mickeys make) on the cheek, and kept walking. I felt overjoyed with happiness and excitement after it happened, and it reminded me of when I see little kids get SUPER excited over the characters... It was great.
              <3 Chloe

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X