Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Official-Christmas Commercials are here!!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Official-Christmas Commercials are here!!!

Ross Dept. Stores already doing holiday commercials on TV with the tune of "Deck the Halls"....I thought maybe, just maybe companies would wait til thursday, but I guess not.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/awinner

The difference between "involvement" and "commitment" is like a eggs and ham breakfast: The chicken was "involved" - the pig was "commited"!

Re: It's Official-Christmas Commercials are here!!!

I am anxiously awaiting the day when Christmas commercials start in August. Heck, why not play them all year!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

Yeah I saw that yestereday yay for christmas. Soon we are gonna see the coca cola bear holiday commercial.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasmico! View Post
        I am anxiously awaiting the day when Christmas commercials start in August. Heck, why not play them all year!
        Thats a great idea I 'll write to the cooperate companies about this lol.

Comment

Yeah, but does anyone remember when they started running them on Thanksgiving Day? What is that holiday now, chopped turkey?

Comment

I remember when Santa used to arrive at the malls the day after Thanksgiving, now he comes on Veteran's day and the malls are decorated for Christmas before Halloween is over. Or at least the one I go to is.
            Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Costco has had holiday stuff since the beginning of September.

The difference between "involvement" and "commitment" is like a eggs and ham breakfast: The chicken was "involved" - the pig was "commited"!

Comment

I've been saying this, here, for some time now - about stuff like this being thrown at us long before I, at least am ready for it.

I remember when the "Santa Claus Lane" parade, the night before Thanksgiving, was considered the kickoff of the holiday season, with very little if any reminder before that.

Ever since 2001, after the events of Sept. 11, some radio stations have profited nicely by running an entire month of nothing but Christmas music. I prefer the stations that, like before, start with a few songs around December 15.

Of course, the Halloween season starts in late August these days...so what can we expect any more.

It's not that I'm a grinch. Far from it. I just think that having reminders of the holiday this early merely cheapens and ommercializes it all the more.

Happy Valentines Day, everyone.
                God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

hey remember the macy's parade started as the kickoff of the holiday season in nyc that's why santa shows up at the end of the parade.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                    I've been saying this, here, for some time now - about stuff like this being thrown at us long before I, at least am ready for it.

I remember when the "Santa Claus Lane" parade, the night before Thanksgiving, was considered the kickoff of the holiday season, with very little if any reminder before that.

Ever since 2001, after the events of Sept. 11, some radio stations have profited nicely by running an entire month of nothing but Christmas music. I prefer the stations that, like before, start with a few songs around December 15.

Of course, the Halloween season starts in late August these days...so what can we expect any more.

It's not that I'm a grinch. Far from it. I just think that having reminders of the holiday this early merely cheapens and ommercializes it all the more.

Happy Valentines Day, everyone.
                    Well said Barry. :clap:
                    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Originally posted by Cmash95 View Post
                      hey remember the macy's parade started as the kickoff of the holiday season in nyc that's why santa shows up at the end of the parade.
                      And then Santa would make his way to California for he Hollywood Christmas Parade the SUnday after Thanksgiving...but then they are not doing that parade this year :-(

I am all for the holidays, they are my favorite time and I do them all full force...but all in good time. My daighters Birthday is 10/11 so we do not decorate for Halloween until after her party. Our Chsitmas decor (and we go all out), does not go up until usually the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but there is talk about waiting a week this year because Thanksgiving comes so early this year.

Starting too early makes everything feel so rushed, I am not ready for Christmas yet...I am still trying to finish my son's Halloween costume.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Yeah, yesterday I heard two radio commercials with Christmas music on during their ads.

Too soon!

Comment

I personally love it when all of the Christmas music and decorations around town come out. My absolute favorite time of year.
                          <3 Chloe

Comment

I agree with you all that holidays being thrown at us so early does make it commercialized and what not, but the holidays go by so fast for me now. I feel like I put my decorations up and then right away I need to take them down. I love decorating my house for Halloween and Christmas and I wish it lasted longer. I just don't like the whole commercialization of holidays now, that's the part I hate.

Comment

So I guess I shouldn't mention that we've had a planned date for when we're going to put up our Christmas tree and decorations for a month now?

And that the planned date is November 9th?
                              "But every night, when it gets dark
                              and the stars come out,
                              I'll look up on her behalf.
                              I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

I love love love when radio stations play all Christmas music all the time!!

But it's WAY too early for Christmas commercials!!
                                Good morning, son
                                In twenty years from now
                                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                                And I can tell you 'bout today
                                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                                It was pain
                                Sunny days and rain
                                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by QuietViolet View Post
                                  I personally love it when all of the Christmas music and decorations around town come out. My absolute favorite time of year.

Me too!

But not in October!

Comment

Heck its going to be funny because I see valentines stuff at the end of december thats grocery for you.

Comment

I just saw another christmas commercial.....for "Crest Whitestrips"

Comment

I can't wait to go to DCA. Nothing says Christmas like Santa dressed in blue shorts and a surfboard.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X