Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oooh....strong earthquake just now. (Merged)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oooh....strong earthquake just now.

Im like 10 miles southwest from the center and we heard a loud thunder sound and the house started to vibrate then the whole house moved from side to side...it def. felt bigger then a 5.6.
    SUPPORT THE CM's!

Comment

Oh dear everyone down south! (I am in Seattle!) I hope everyone is okay. Sounds like you are but just wanted to be sure!! I remember feeling a few up here, they are unsettling to me.

:squeeze: To you all!

Comment

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
        Oh dear everyone down south! (I am in Seattle!) I hope everyone is okay. Sounds like you are but just wanted to be sure!! I remember feeling a few up here, they are unsettling to me.

:squeeze: To you all!
        Thanks - .Pacifica we are fine...I have some friends in SJ and their home phone service is down right now. Also, my brother is down there and they have some damage to their home. Hopefully just minor. On the radio they are saying people have felt the quake as far up as Arnold in the Sierra Foothills. I think this must have been stronger.

Comment

KGO AM810 is doing post earthquake coverage for those that are interested.
          Check out my flickr photos!

Comment

Originally posted by DiSnEyFrEaK21 View Post
            Im like 10 miles southwest from the center and we heard a loud thunder sound and the house started to vibrate then the whole house moved from side to side...it def. felt bigger then a 5.6.
            That's what they were saying on the news. They said in San Jose it sounded like an airplane was flying right over the news room.
            I hate robots...

One Annual Pass-$365 379
            Gas For Car- $60
            Meeting Billy Goat Bob- Priceless

Comment

Also KCBS - 740 AM you can stream online to these stations

Comment

Garbear - did you get a hold of your Mom yet?

Comment

Originally posted by kelly View Post
                  poor exchange student

She was at kickboxing class. I'll be curious to see what she thought of it.

It's weird how it always takes a moment to realize what;s happening or how you always seem to hear them before you feel them. I thought it was a really strong gust of wind whipping by our house at first!

Comment

Originally posted by RPerez3 View Post
                    Garbear - did you get a hold of your Mom yet?

Yes. She called me back and was like, Oh I thought I was in a movie theater.
                    Har har har

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbadunne View Post
                      felt it here in turlock from the third floor of the Stanislaus Dorms.

My roommates and I are pretty freaked out.

Wild fires and earthquakes in the same week...now this is the real california.
                      That is just two of our seasons. You have yet to experience the mud slides, and floods.

Welcome to California.
                      Check out my flickr photos!

Comment

It never fails.
                        That happened to me about 3 years ago as a freshman.

Originally posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
                        It's funny, we were just talking about earthquakes today in my science class, and he had a map up showing the most recent earhtquakes around the area.... most were under a 2, and I can garuntee anything that tomorrow he will bring this up and show the map.
                        "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

We're just a few miles from the epicenter (sp?) too. It did feel pretty big from where we are and we also thought it was a plane going over. We live near an "inactive" military base so we get lots of huge military planes at all times of the day. The strange part was that it kept rolling for what seemed like a full minute or two but they keep saying on the TV that it was only 15 seconds or so.
                          ~ Tami

Comment

Originally posted by RPerez3 View Post
                            Thanks - .Pacifica we are fine...I have some friends in SJ and their home phone service is down right now. Also, my brother is down there and they have some damage to their home. Hopefully just minor. On the radio they are saying people have felt the quake as far up as Arnold in the Sierra Foothills. I think this must have been stronger.
                            Your friends in RWC are good too. Glad you guys didn't slide down the hill into the ocean.

It woke up my daughter. My wife was out at dinner with a friend. I am not happy with AT&T since her cell phone was unreachable for a while after the quake.

Comment

I'm glad to hear everybody is doing good. Nothing felt up here in Santa Rosa, though. I wonder if we'll get one now that the South Bay got "hit."

...Joe...

Comment

Fun thing to do while killing time during an earthquake:

Turn on a local live talk radio station and after the delay you can hear some funny stuff sometimes.

I'm glad this was a smallish one. The '89 earthquake was a bad one.

Comment

Yeah- this was nowhere near Loma Prieta- nowhere near as long or as strong.

We're just a few miles south of the epicenter. It felt fairly strong and was more of a rolling motion (vs. the jerky motion of Loma Prieta). We had some things fall and break, but nothing major. The animals are pretty freaked out though- thunderstorms yesterday, earthquakes today.

Our phones were out- both cell and landlines, but we didn't lose power.
                                  sigpic

Comment

I was in my car driving so I didn't feel it but the second I stepped into my apartment, my roommate asked if I felt it. She got all freaked out and ran outside when it happened.
                                    Everything in our apt is fine although the light fixture in my bathroom turned to the side. I'm worried about my classroom which is in Alum Rock....and I have a parent teacher conference tomorrow morning at 7:30A.M.

My best score ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
                                      Did anyone else feel it? I wonder where it was centered!
                                      Originally posted by disneyballerina View Post
                                      It was strong in Stockton.

Immediately after I got a call from Skywaygrrl who felt it in Hercules also.
                                      Originally posted by tiggerfan View Post
                                      Definitely felt it in Stockton, heard a very loud bang and my chair felt like someone was behind it pushing forward then the shock wave went through my seat.

My sister felt it in Turlock
                                      Another one in Stockton feeling it. I was on the phone talking to my sister. I recalled how the 89 Loma Prieta quake felt--strong but distant. Jimmie didn't feel it, but our son Steven did. He had the news tuned in within moments.

I'm pretty sure we've had bike rides pass near the epicenter. (I'm thinking Calaveras Road--a popular one for local cyclists.)
                                      Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
                                      2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
                                      2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
                                      sigpic

Comment

We felt it up in Emeryville
                                        Growing older is manditory
                                        Growing up is however, optional

Comment

I didn't feel anything but that's a good size quake. Where I live, we've had a couple of small quakes within the last couple of days. There was one this morning at 5:25am near Fontana, CA. I feel the slightest quakes and I never get used to it.

I just hope everyone is ok in San Jose or near there.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X