Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oooh....strong earthquake just now. (Merged)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• luvmouse
    replied
    Re: Oooh....strong earthquake just now. (Merged)

We felt rolling then some shaking in Brentwood

Leave a comment:

• Datameister
    replied
    Re: Anyone feel the san jose earthquake?

Not me, though some of my family certainly did.

Leave a comment:

• hirohito
    replied
    Re: Anyone feel the san jose earthquake?

Nope.

Leave a comment:

• Leofoenget
    replied
    Anyone feel the san jose earthquake?

I sure did! Scared the pumpkins out of me Made my 3 year old cry oops!!

Leave a comment:

• DisneyDan24
    replied
    Re: Oooh....strong earthquake just now.

I just read that it was the 139th anniversary of the Hayward quake last week (12th deadliest in history) . Science shows that the average time between the last 5 large quakes on the Hayward fault has been 140 years...I don't want to be around when it happens, that fault line is a mile or less from my house!

Leave a comment:

• PrincessY
    replied

How's the new job, dianne? I forgot that you moved up north. Regretting it now??

Leave a comment:

• duckiedianne
    replied

The earthquake was the talk of the school today! I checked out my room and there was no damage. My cabinets were all opened and my drawers slid open as well. A few dictionaries fell off their shelf but that was all. Some of the other classrooms had their light panels fall down but they were able to clean up before school started. All of my students were asking me if I had felt the earthquake and I didn't. they all wanted to tell me what they were doing when it happened. haha!

Leave a comment:

• DisneyDan24
    replied

Originally posted by RPerez3 View Post
    Thanks PrincessY - For the most part I think it was rattled nerves more than anything. But I am more than 40 miles from that epicenter. The news is making the big deal that it is the strongest we have had up here since Loma Prieta in '89. That one was 6.2? I remember my brother at that time was deployed out of his homebase in Alameda. When the news hit of that quake the guys on the ship freaked at the news of the bridge collapse and fires in the Marina. That was there homebase so they were concerned. There was quite a lot of widespread damage and some deaths as a result but the news made it seem so much worse. We got the call from Red Cross that my brother was trying to ge a hold of us. Such a strange time. I remember not being able to sleep for a week after that because of the aftershocks. I know most of us up here are more worried about the San Andreas Fault letting loose. That Fault has been building pressure and not releasing any for years. This things are always a good reminder to all of us in fault zones to be as prepared as possible with supplies and escape plans.
    Loma Prieta in 89 was a 7.1 actually

Leave a comment:

• RPerez3
    replied

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
    Where are you at?

I was still up there during the Loma Prieta quake (living in San Ramon at the time.)
    Pacifca, overlooking the ocean and hoping not to fall in with the BIG ONE.

Although during Loma Prieta I was at work in South San Fran and living in Millbrae

Leave a comment:

• PrincessY
    replied

Thanks PrincessY - For the most part I think it was rattled nerves more than anything. But I am more than 40 miles from that epicenter.
    Where are you at?

I was still up there during the Loma Prieta quake (living in San Ramon at the time.)

Leave a comment:

• RPerez3
    replied

Thanks PrincessY - For the most part I think it was rattled nerves more than anything. But I am more than 40 miles from that epicenter. The news is making the big deal that it is the strongest we have had up here since Loma Prieta in '89. That one was 6.2? I remember my brother at that time was deployed out of his homebase in Alameda. When the news hit of that quake the guys on the ship freaked at the news of the bridge collapse and fires in the Marina. That was there homebase so they were concerned. There was quite a lot of widespread damage and some deaths as a result but the news made it seem so much worse. We got the call from Red Cross that my brother was trying to ge a hold of us. Such a strange time. I remember not being able to sleep for a week after that because of the aftershocks. I know most of us up here are more worried about the San Andreas Fault letting loose. That Fault has been building pressure and not releasing any for years. This things are always a good reminder to all of us in fault zones to be as prepared as possible with supplies and escape plans.

Leave a comment:

• PrincessY
    replied

Stay safe up there everyone. Guess I should call my family and see if they are fine. No one lives near the epicenter.

Leave a comment:

• RPerez3
    replied

Originally posted by Sully View Post
    Little Audrey just rolled over and went back to sleep. What did your little one think of it?
    Dad thought she was kicking the couch until I spoke up. We got under the doorway and she just took it in stride. The phone went ringing off the hook with various family members, all are okay. Today at school I am sure they will all compare stories just like here at work. Hope all your systems at work are running fine. No damage to the behemoths here at my work.
    My little Shrek toys were still standing on my monitor

Leave a comment:

• Brain Toad
    replied

I was in Concord when it happened, didn't feel anything though. The only sign of it was a plant in my grandmother's house was tilted slightly. It was the second one that day for Concord though, in the afternoon they got a small 2.6 or so, then the 5.6 from San Jose. Didn't feel either of them, never felt an earthquake.

Leave a comment:

• Sully
    replied

How could I forget my friends on landfill?

My brother in San Mateo grabbed his wife and kids, only he had experienced a large earthquake. The others had no idea what was happening. They thought a large truck was rolling through the 'hood. Yeah seems AT&T had some problems.

How was the wee one after that?
    Little Audrey just rolled over and went back to sleep. What did your little one think of it?

Leave a comment:

• RPerez3
    replied

Originally posted by Sully View Post
    Your friends in RWC are good too. Glad you guys didn't slide down the hill into the ocean.

It woke up my daughter. My wife was out at dinner with a friend. I am not happy with AT&T since her cell phone was unreachable for a while after the quake.
    How could I forget my friends on landfill?

My brother in San Mateo grabbed his wife and kids, only he had experienced a large earthquake. The others had no idea what was happening. They thought a large truck was rolling through the 'hood. Yeah seems AT&T had some problems.

How was the wee one after that?

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Originally posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    She was at kickboxing class. I'll be curious to see what she thought of it.

It's weird how it always takes a moment to realize what;s happening or how you always seem to hear them before you feel them. I thought it was a really strong gust of wind whipping by our house at first!
    yep the ones i experienced.. i would hear them first.. like a rumbling sort of sound.. then wham it would hit

Leave a comment:

• Mickey'sGirl
    replied

That was a wild ride. I'm about 5 miles from the epicenter. And I'm at the top floor of a high rise. Lots of swaying. Glad to hear everyone is OK.

Leave a comment:

• SummerInFL
    replied

What a scary experience! I hope everyone is doing well and minimal damage occurred.

:ghug:

Leave a comment:

• BDBopper
    replied

Wow. Glad to hear everyone is okay. That was rather interesting. No I didn't feel it all the way over here but I was on the phone with pixywingz when it happened. I knew it was significiant when she told me she had to get off the phone. Based on her description later I am not surprised that it was the biggest one in NorCal since 1989.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X