Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skin Tags

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Skin Tags

    You know what they are. Those cute little ugly things that some people get on their bodies. They're little skin colored things that pop out of your skin.
    I have one on the back of my leg and I hate it!
    What happens if we just pull it off? Can we pull it off? What causes them?
    I heard that you can tie a hair around it and cut the blood to it and it will just fall off in a few days. Anyone else hear this?

  • #2
    Re: Skin Tags

    I've heard that being overweight causes it, along with skin rubbing against skin. I used to get them under my arms. You can pull them off, but it hurts like hell and you'll bleed for a bit.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Skin Tags

      Overweight huh? Really?
      I'm not overweight but I still got one. I only have 1 or 2 though. I think I'm going to try the hair decapitating skin tag treatment and see if it works.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Skin Tags

        people of all sizes get them, I have them, I pull or cut them, then use a septic stick

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Skin Tags

          I have them under my arm pit... Dislike them afraid to cut them off.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Skin Tags

            Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
            people of all sizes get them, I have them, I pull or cut them, then use a septic stick
            And nothing happens? More don't grow or mutate or anything?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Skin Tags

              Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
              I have them under my arm pit... Dislike them afraid to cut them off.
              Same here
              HDAlien

              -----------------------------------------------------
              "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Skin Tags

                Originally posted by OogieBoogie View Post
                I've heard that being overweight causes it, along with skin rubbing against skin. I used to get them under my arms. You can pull them off, but it hurts like hell and you'll bleed for a bit.

                I'm heavy but only get them on the side of my eye. Not eyeball, the skin. I got tired of one and just cut it off with scissors. Bled like a MFer.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Skin Tags

                  I'm not sure what you all are talking about so I guess I've never had one... are they like sty's?.. I get those on my eyes when I am super stressed or am not getting enough sleep.. or is it something different??
                  <3 Chloe

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Skin Tags

                    Originally posted by QuietViolet View Post
                    I'm not sure what you all are talking about so I guess I've never had one... are they like sty's?.. I get those on my eyes when I am super stressed or am not getting enough sleep.. or is it something different??

                    Nah. They are like skin colored, hanging moles.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Skin Tags

                      Go to your dr and get them removed. I had about 4 removed from my back a few years back. Your in and out in an hour.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Skin Tags

                        You can just cut them off. I usually have my dermatologist do it since I go annually to get checked to make sure I don't have any new Basil Cell thingys. She usually just cuts them off.

                        My son literally pulled one off my neck when he was one...hurt a lot but didn't bleed, however they can bleed really bad. The string thing should work with less bleeding but I am not sure how long that actually takes and what the risk of infection would be.

                        actually found this bit of info and a less evasive way to remove them:
                        http://www.wisegeek.com/can-i-remove...gs-at-home.htm
                        Another method to remove skin tags that does not yield immediate results, but is far less intrusive, involves creating a mixture of castor oil and baking soda. Mix these two ingredients together to form a thick paste and apply it frequently, several times a day, to remove skin tags. Eventually, within two weeks, the skin tags will dry up and disappear
                        I got most of mine when I was pregnant with my son (I didn't get any with my daughter). Who knows why...

                        A little piece of heaven

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Skin Tags

                          Originally posted by aashee View Post
                          I'm heavy but only get them on the side of my eye. Not eyeball, the skin. I got tired of one and just cut it off with scissors. Bled like a MFer.
                          You get them from rubbing? Where else do you have them, Chad?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Skin Tags

                            Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                            You get them from rubbing? Where else do you have them, Chad?

                            Hey! Don't try and give me the shaft.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Skin Tags

                              My friend had one on his shoulder and he decided to take it off himself. He has a nice nasty ugly scar now because of it.

                              Do as MrClinks says, see your doctor to have them taken off.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Skin Tags

                                I read somewhere that you can take a hair, tie it tightly around the skin tag and it will eventually fall off. I tried it but the tied hair drove me nuts.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Skin Tags

                                  Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                                  Go to your dr and get them removed. I had about 4 removed from my back a few years back. Your in and out in an hour.

                                  Ah, ok.. I now know what you are referring to and my mom had them and got them removed by her doctor. They were mostly under her arms but she did have one under her eye, too...
                                  Weird. I wonder what causes them...
                                  <3 Chloe

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Skin Tags

                                    Originally posted by aashee View Post
                                    Hey! Don't try and give me the shaft.
                                    Ew! I have something else to say but I am afraid this will go in the litter box...

                                    I have a wart on my nose (weird enough my dad has one in the same spot!) and I wanted to take it off because dude... witches have warts, and I got the "wart remover" but I was told since it was on the face it may make a scar so... Dad nixed that idea.... Wait no, nix is the wrong word.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Skin Tags

                                      Originally posted by MollyTrolly View Post
                                      You can just cut them off. I usually have my dermatologist do it since I go annually to get checked to make sure I don't have any new Basil Cell thingys. She usually just cuts them off.
                                      Ok, that sounds painful to me. Is it? And does your DR. use scissors? I would prefer to have them lasered off.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Skin Tags

                                        Originally posted by aashee View Post
                                        I read somewhere that you can take a hair, tie it tightly around the skin tag and it will eventually fall off. I tried it but the tied hair drove me nuts.
                                        Yeah, and hair tied skin tags are so fashionable. Women can't resist them.
                                        "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
                                        raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

                                        � Ernest Thompson Seton

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X