This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is ridiculous!!

And we wonder why there is such an increase in girls/women with eating disorders. Why are women trained from a younger and younger age to hate their bodies.

Crazy.

Comment

yes, they look like plus size models, but that is not a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by MTNGIRL View Post
        And we wonder why there is such an increase in girls/women with eating disorders. Why are women trained from a younger and younger age to hate their bodies.

Crazy.
        yea it makes you wonder

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
        "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by <3WillTurner View Post
          i'm guilty of not being happy with my appearance. I'm 5'6" and my doctor says i'm overweight for my height.. he told me 115-120 was ideal.. that made me feel so horrible. But i'll never resort to anorexia or bulimia or anything dangerous to get it off.
          He means ideal as almost underweight. Your doc is stupid (sorry)

http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/

I am on the thicker side right now, being 180 and 5'9 (I've been anywhere from here to 112 in '97, at this height) It does not take into accound bonse structure or muscle mass at all... I have always been about ten pounds heavier than anyone could guess...
          p I think plus size models start at a size 12, but plus sizing start at a size 14, still the national norm.

And THAT's why, with my big boobs, I can never fit into the cute stuff at Target.

Comment

Originally posted by twinmom View Post
            Now tell me, do any of those girls qualify for plus size!?!?!?!
            Absolutely!!!

Any female who is not smaller than a size six is a "plus size" according to the corporate fashion/diet/health industry. Anyone who is actually normally sized must be made to feel bad about their size, and by extension - themselves. Only after the spirit is broken can they successfully extract all your money for their products/philosophy.

Scumbags.

Be thankful you are who you are and rejoice! If you are happy about yourself - it becomes contagious. That is the counter to this 'downsizing' idiocy.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

I just remembered something I thought was quite funny. When I was in high school, one of my friends came in to class, and she was crying because she went up to a size 1. She was small to begin with, but really though?
              I hate robots...

One Annual Pass-$365 379
              Gas For Car- $60
              Meeting Billy Goat Bob- Priceless

Comment

<----Size 12 and owning it.

Comment

Originally posted by QuietViolet View Post
                  The BMI (Body Mass Index) is what the Doctors use to tell you if you are overweight or healthy or what... that standard is rediculous because it doesn't take into account muscle mass or bone structure..

There telling people there overweight when it could just be muscle and all that?
                  Oh my. Doctors are too much.
                  Har har har

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                    damn straight you are! :bow:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by garbear View Post
                      There telling people there overweight when it could just be muscle and all that?
                      Oh my. Doctors are too much.
                      According to the BMI, I should weigh 150 to be "normal." 5'10" 150 lbs, I don't think so.
                      I hate robots...

One Annual Pass-$365 379
                      Gas For Car- $60

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyDan24 View Post
                        According to the BMI, I should weigh 150 to be "normal." 5'10" 150 lbs, I don't think so.

What is actually normal anymore?
                        Har har har

Comment

Originally posted by garbear View Post
                          What is actually normal anymore?
                          I guess what Hollywood says...
                          I hate robots...

One Annual Pass-$365 379
                          Gas For Car- $60

Comment

models are getting smaller and smaller...

and sicker and sicker

and deader and deader

sad

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
                            Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
                            Originally Posted by MWalton
                            :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

I'm 5'3" and wear a size 5, 7, 9, depending on the brand and according to the BMI....I'm .5 away from being overweight? uh....I don't think so!

My best score ever!

Comment

Not that I necessarily agree with it but based on current standards, they are definitely plus sized.

Comment

God I hate this stuff.

I went to a gym last year after losing like 30 pounds on my own I was happy with my start and I was about a size 10 and they told me my BMI fell under the "obese" category - um what? Talk about discouroging - I NEVER went back and have now gained 10/15 more pounds and am a size 12... I still dont feel obese but hate to think what they would say now. I am not super short either, just average.

I could never even at my thinnest be a size 4/6 I am just not built that way - after recently being in a 10 I know the lowest I could go is 8, so I am not going to kill myself over standards I am not made to meet.

Comment

I would say yes they look like plus size models. Because regular models look anorexic. I have heard Tyra tell some of the girls on America's Next Top Model that they would be plus size models, and I thought, no they look like regular size girls. Then I realized how skinny some of the other girls were.
                                    San Diego Pole Parties

Comment

I'm 5'6" and my doctor says i'm overweight for my height.. he told me 115-120 was ideal..
                                      I disagree that's normal. I'm 5'4", and 120 is on the small side of good for *me*. I'm trying to lose a few pounds, but I'm not very much tied to what the scale says as long as it goes down every so often.

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                                      Good for you! I'm also currently a size 12 most of the time.

Originally posted by LLEBREKNIT View Post
                                      I went to a gym last year after losing like 30 pounds on my own I was happy with my start and I was about a size 10 and they told me my BMI fell under the "obese" category - um what? Talk about discouroging - I NEVER went back and have now gained 10/15 more pounds and am a size 12...
                                      Ignore that they told you you were obese. Go back to the gym, do your workouts to make you feel good, and don't worry about it. The BMI numbers are on the whole, ridiculous. Go to the gym, eat well, and let it be.
                                      I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

i'm guilty of not being happy with my appearance. I'm 5'6" and my doctor says i'm overweight for my height.. he told me 115-120 was ideal.. that made me feel so horrible. But i'll never resort to anorexia or bulimia or anything dangerous to get it off.
                                        this drives me nuts. that's where I was at 21 years old....now, not so much, but would I concider myself overweight? obese? HELL NO!!!
                                        I'd like to tone some of it, but not lose it.

Originally posted by MTNGIRL View Post

Crazy.
                                        exactly...

a lot of the issue has to do with stupid sizing of clothes though too....

this also drives me nuts...
                                        I can wear anywhere from a 4 to a 10 depending on the cut, style, brand, etc....
                                        that's a hell of a span....I had to stop looking at sizes in tags, I hold something up...if it looks like it might I'll try it on, I refuse to look at the tag...(until I get home, after I have fallen in love with it and like how I look in it)

and to answer the original question...

no, they look regular healthy sized to me....
                                        and by healthy I mean healthy, not obese...

women are sopposed to have curves, that is what looks feminine.
                                        We are curvy, we have soft parts, we need to change the outlook from super skinny to curvy and feminine....dress in cloths that accentuate what you like about yourself and what looks good on YOUR body, not necessarily what the latest trend is, and not with regard to the number on the tag.....

if health issues are a factor for you, then that's different, but if it's all about style then find a style that looks good on you....

some of the most beautiful women I have ever seen have curves, have a bit of extra somewhere....and love their bodies for what they are....

our bodies are designed with a purpose....I carry the "scars" of 2 births.
                                        I have stretchmarks and sag and loss of tone and Big F-ing Deal....I love my body for what it is and has done....

EDIT To ADD:
                                        Society has changed perspectives on what is normal and healthy....it was already mentioned that Marilyn Monroe was a size 12. She was also one of the biggest Hollywood starlets and sex symbols of all time.

women of the era looked stunning, they were healthy, beautiful, and the clothes fit them....designers designed for their bodies, not some size 0 model.

yes I have issues with this topic, I have a lot of issues with it, and we as the women in society need to take back being sexy, feminine, beautiful and confindent with who we are, and how we look...not try to all fit into a 0, 1, or 2
                                        Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 11-02-2007, 12:11 PM.
                                        procrastibating

Comment

That's why I like Scarlett Johansson, not only is she hot, but, she's not afraid to be an actress with meat on her bones.
                                          I hate robots...

One Annual Pass-$365 379
                                          Gas For Car- $60

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X