This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is ridiculous!!

Tinkerbelle makes a good point, in fact everyone makes a good point. I just wonder if the idea of the "ideal" woman being 0-4 range will ever change. It doesn't help if your mum even says she wishes i was smaller so clothes shopping would be cheaper. That hurts.

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

Comment

Heavy women have been the standard in the past, and hopefully will be again.
      I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyDan24 View Post
        According to the BMI, I should weigh 150 to be "normal." 5'10" 150 lbs, I don't think so.
        Originally posted by garbear View Post
        What is actually normal anymore?
        I'm 5'7" 152, and that is considered normal at HallsMD. And there's a link to a page outlining various "ideal" weights and their sources. A healthy BMI is between 19-25, according to this page.
        Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
        2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
        2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
        sigpic

Comment

-Cali4, DisneyDan, and I are the same height. I weigh 160.

Here's my issues and maybe it's because I am writing a book on this subject:
          -we are taught as kids to love ourselves. Then why as adults are we taught to hate our bodies? So we can love our minds not our skin, what keeps us going? And in our teenage years (and even our adult years) that's so confusing, especially to girls/women.

-Tom Lykis told a girl my height 125 she was a fat @ss and needed to drop 20lbs... thought that was pretty sick.

-I am not small. I mean I am 5'10", 160lbs (that I am proud of! Dude lost 25ish lbs...) with a size 11 wide foot (10.5-11 depending on the shoe), 9 ring, and I mean... dude my build is that of an Amazon. I have muscular calves and I only walk a mile a day. So to tell me that my body shape has to be compared to that of a tiny person? No! My hips are big. I know it. My doctor told me I have birthing hips at age 13.

But to flip this whole thing around- I like my body. Yeah have issues. Dude my calves! My arms, that skin area over the elbow that can for some reason hold fat.... I can be a size 2 (ew) and still have fat there... But the older I've gotten, I am proud about my body. I look and see the parts of me I inherited from family members and it's...awesome? I am proud to have my dad's side's height and my mom's side's chest. I dig my Scottish hips and the giant feet. My nose? Grandpa's. Sure it's not "cute and perky" but I've been told it's regal and royal looking.

People need to get over themselves. Don't take what your doctor says so seriously, don't look at models. Eat healthy, move around, and have fun. If you're eating well and working out you should be fine.
          Last edited by knittingknerd; 11-02-2007, 10:35 PM. Reason: Too many dudes

Comment

If I weighed what I'm "supposed" to. I'd look like a twig, (I used to weigh 150 at a time) and would probably have to put rocks in my pocket so I wouldn't blow away when going outside. I'm perfectly happy with where I am right now.
            I hate robots...

One Annual Pass-$365 379
            Gas For Car- $60
            Meeting Billy Goat Bob- Priceless

Comment

I'd love to be that plus sized. Puhleeze....it's really sad that the world we live in puts you in the fat category if you are 150 lbs!

Comment

Originally posted by <3WillTurner View Post
                i'm guilty of not being happy with my appearance. I'm 5'6" and my doctor says i'm overweight for my height.. he told me 115-120 was ideal.. that made me feel so horrible. But i'll never resort to anorexia or bulimia or anything dangerous to get it off.
                Uh, your doc is really off. I'm 5'2". I'm 130 lbs. My body mass index has me on the low side of normal. The LOW SIDE.

There is NO WAY, that at 5'6", normal for you would be 110-120. I'm sorry he told you that.
                "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
                "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
                  Uh, your doc is really off. I'm 5'2". I'm 130 lbs. My body mass index has me on the low side of normal. The LOW SIDE.

There is NO WAY, that at 5'6", normal for you would be 110-120. I'm sorry he told you that.
                  I am 5'6" and used to weigh about 120 when I was 19. That was REALLY thin for my height.

Comment

I'm so glad to hear from people who love their bodies. Keep it coming! It's good to be healthy, but we are obsessed with both thinness and fatness. Just be healthy, eat right, do some physical things, and call it good.
                    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Originally posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
                      I'm so glad to hear from people who love their bodies. Keep it coming! It's good to be healthy, but we are obsessed with both thinness and fatness. Just be healthy, eat right, do some physical things, and call it good.
                      Agreed... I own my 5'8" size 12 body for all its good and bad points!
                      <3 Chloe

Comment

It's crazy.
                        When I went to the doctor the other day I weighed in at 102 and I'm 5'4'' and they told me I need to loose a lot of weight....wtf is their problem?
                        "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by PretzelSouls View Post
                          It's crazy.
                          When I went to the doctor the other day I weighed in at 102 and I'm 5'4'' and they told me I need to loose a lot of weight....wtf is their problem?
                          THAT is horrible. My doc has never told me to lose weight, even though I should probably lost 50 lbs!

Comment

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                            I am 5'6" and used to weigh about 120 when I was 19. That was REALLY thin for my height.
                            Originally posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post

:lol: Yea i figured he was way off. They just don't take into account my build. I'm oddly shaped, my fat doesn't go to my stomach, but to my thighs, making my pants size huge to accommodate them while i need a belt to take care of the extra around my waist. It sucks because clothes shopping is so difficult. But i every once in a blue moon look in the mirror and like what i see. I have curves that belong on someone years my senior and i appreciate it most of the time but hate it when it makes me look so big, it's odd you know? Bodies and expectations.

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
                            "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X