This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Friday ads are starting to appear

I would rather do the Black Friday shopping online then hit the malls. EeeK! Crazy people scare me.

Comment

Black Friday brings out the worst in folks too. One of those days I will be caught right in the middle of.
      1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

We went last year to one store. Everyone was very nice and it was orderly. It was best buy. We drove the kids to walmart, but we stayed in the car drinking starbucks. The kids said walmart was terrible. We aren't doing black fridays a agin. it just wasn't worth it and best buy pissed me off.....

I worked retail for years and the sales usually just get better up until the holiday.

Comment

I am really surprised they are already printing them, I figured that would wait till next week. I have been out on black Friday every year for about the last 10 or so, with my mother in law. This year I am only doing Disney Store and maybe Walmart if they have anything good.

About 5 years ago I got a 27 inch TV for $129

A little piece of heaven

Comment

I'm waiting to see what Target & Best Buy has to offer. There's a 37" LCD HDTV I have my eye on......

Comment

Black Friday accounts for probably 75% of the reason why I finally couldn't handle working retail any longer and went back to school. It's ludicrous to get up and stand in line outside Target at 5:00 am waiting for it to open, then go apes__t once it does. I've seen people trampled, had to break up fights, kicked people out for throwing crap and threatening employees. It's ridiculous. My only solace on that most evil of days was to walk back and forth in front of the locked doors before opening, drinking hot cocoa and laughing at the freaks. The rest of the day, though, was sheer misery. Now that I'm out, the last place you'll find me on Black Friday is anywhere near a store. For me, it's leftovers, beer, football and napping.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginarella View Post
                I would rather do the Black Friday shopping online then hit the malls. EeeK! Crazy people scare me.
                Same here because I am always up after midnight. I just sign on and shop then!

Comment

I bet its going to be crazy two weeks from friday.

Comment

Originally posted by rex22 View Post
                    I bet its going to be crazy two weeks from friday.
                    You betcha, and more Canadians will be there this year!

Comment

I take a fold up chair, a blanket and sit at the door of the store I want to be first in. I have done this for 4 years, and I am toasty ( it gets soo cold here) and I have a seat, and I love it!!
                      Kmart has the Wii for 249.99 !! I will be at that door sitting and with my thermos,:lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzman View Post
                        Black Friday accounts for probably 75% of the reason why I finally couldn't handle working retail any longer and went back to school. It's ludicrous to get up and stand in line outside Target at 5:00 am waiting for it to open, then go apes__t once it does. I've seen people trampled, had to break up fights, kicked people out for throwing crap and threatening employees. It's ridiculous. My only solace on that most evil of days was to walk back and forth in front of the locked doors before opening, drinking hot cocoa and laughing at the freaks. The rest of the day, though, was sheer misery. Now that I'm out, the last place you'll find me on Black Friday is anywhere near a store. For me, it's leftovers, beer, football and napping.
                        Wow I have never seen this here. I did see some lady blow last year because she took every i-dog she could get into her cart, leaving only a few for others.

Comment

The Target black friday deals went up today at the same site Oogie listed in the original post.

Comment

^^yes, and kmart. If you sign up for email updates they let you know when they have new ads. I'm not doing black friday, but fro some reason I love to see the ads....weird me...:blush:

My Bf wants me to stand in line for a TV...yeah...NO!, he can if he wants it.

Comment

I can't believe it, Target has the exact TV I want in their Black Friday ad! I only have 2 problems... I'm not too keen on camping out 12+ hours to be near the front of the line to get one (and you know they're gonna go fast... even with a limit of 2 per customer). Also, the box wouldn't fix in my car even with the back seat folded down! And no one I know that has a truck/van/SUV is willing to help me out!

So I might try my luck getting one online on Thanksgiving or whatever.

Comment

are these same sales at the door on sale on line?? if so no way am I going to the stores if I can get that sale item on line. if so when can one go on line? ( is there a set time to start?

Comment

Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
                                  Wow I have never seen this here. I did see some lady blow last year because she took every i-dog she could get into her cart, leaving only a few for others.
                                  Oh, it would shock you to witness some of the things I've seen. I once had to deal with a lady, who had two kids (one in a stroller) who was cursing like a sailor and threatening a salesfloor team member (all in front of her and everyone else's kids) because we had sold out of the portable DVD player that she wanted to get for her daughter. When she was refused a rain check she went ballistic and was red in the face from screaming. I thought she was going to go into cardiac arrest. It was really disgusting to watch.

Way back when I was at Disney I had to open Black Friday during the Beanie Boom. We were releasing a Limited Edition Pooh beanie and people lined up outside at four am for it. When we opened the carton there were all of 36 Poohs to go around, so guess who had to go outside to the line of over a hundred people who by that time had been waiting for over three hours and hand out 36 numbers to the people who would get one? Me. And guess who was the object of everyone else's hatred and name calling? Me. It was awful and planted the seeds of hatred in my soul towards Black Friday. But it doesn't end there. When we opened the doors people literally ran into the store to get their crap, and a little boy, about six if I recall correctly, who had stopped to admire some Buzz Lightyear figures he saw on our front table got knocked down and pushed aside by a full grown adult who not only didn't stop, but didn't even acknowledge him. If another CM hadn't jumped in the way he probably would have gotten trampled to death.

I could fill a book with Black Friday stories that would make people stay home forever. I hate Black Friday. With every fiber of my being and every strand of my soul I. Hate. Black. Friday.

Comment

Oh JAzz, I am so sorry, in fact I am so sorry for all of you who have to witness this kind of crap. around here, if its gone its gone, and being a small town we run out quick. Sounds like something I would not do either if I saw this kind of crap. I am glad I have not seen it, but again if I did, I would be like all of you here, no way would I go out in it.
                                    I have a good time, its like a game really, can I get this or that or loose :lol: so for me its just fun.

Comment

That's cool. I don't at all fault people who go out just to have fun, maybe get a bargain or two, have some Starbucks. Innocent stuff like that is no problem. I just can't stand any longer the average Black Friday marauder who seems to think of the day after Thanksgiving as some sort of Shopping D-Day where they have to storm Domestics and seize the discount before the enemy counter attacks and items become sold out.

Trust me, there's more Saving Private Ryan analogies on Black Friday than you can shake a Circular at. :lol:

Comment

I've seen news reports of fights and stampedes at stores on Black Friday. Luckily people waiting at my Best Buy last year were pretty orderly and I didn't see any major incidents. I got what I was after so that's what was important.

But I usually just stay the hell away from the madness. But I really want that TV!

Ugh....

Comment

Why do you guys think our big shopping day here in Canada is called Boxing Day? )

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X