This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Friday ads are starting to appear

and the people are not in cages well lets hope people don't ruffle their feathers.lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
      Since The Pirate Bay is a site that shares copyrighted material, I felt it was not a proper thing to place on MiceChat directly.

You have to download the pictures of the ad using a special program to view it....

I think I left enough "hints" that if someone wanted to see things like a Poloroid 42" 1080i LCD HDTV for $798 (while supplies last, starting at 5 AM) they can find it
      Dave, I am not sure I even know what your talking about. this site, or what ever site is is, and who it shares with, etc, must be a site you know well, but I have never heard of it. thanks any ways. and you need a special program to view the add? yikes.

Comment

If you are interested in what The Pirate Bay is, here is their Wikipedia page...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pirate_Bay
        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
          I've had to work on Thanksgiving when I worked in retail back in college. Sure I got time & a half working the holiday but.... ugh!

Very few stores are open on Thanksgiving. K-Mart and Meijer (only day Meijer is ever closed is Christmas) will be open and both are going to have Thanksgiving only sales along with the usual Black Friday stuff.

I love this site:

www.bfads.net
          See for me that's totally un-American to be open on Turkey day. Certain fields need to be open that day, hospitals, pharmacies, cops, firemen, etc., but retail? No! That's just greedy.

Originally posted by PanTheMan View Post
          Hopefully my shopping will be done THIS WEEK!
          Yay!
          I need to do some stitching... I have one sock, a few washclothes, and sewing a wallet or 3. But I am going to buy I think 3 things for 3 people this year.

Comment

uh..no thanks....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=HZJVZ2p223o
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=Eyh3egPw7uY
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=vVvEChXulSs

Ta Da!

Comment

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
              See for me that's totally un-American to be open on Turkey day. Certain fields need to be open that day, hospitals, pharmacies, cops, firemen, etc., but retail? No! That's just greedy.
              You'd be amazed at how many people do last minute Thanksgiving dinner shopping.... the morning of! They're as crazy as the people who wait until closing time on Christmas Eve to do ALL their shopping.

Comment

:lol: :lmao:

Comment

I don't find those videos amusing at all. They are just proof that Black Friday should be outlawed! Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                    I don't find those videos amusing at all. They are just proof that Black Friday should be outlawed! Ridiculous!
                    Agreed. I didn't post them to be funny...it scared me.

Ta Da!

Comment

Yeah, they are not funny. they just show how terrible some people can behave and over what? Christmas? I don't think that's the reason for the holiday...

Comment

Clara those were CRAZY! That gives everyone even more reason to stay home on black friday! I cant believe they had to call the paramedics for that one lady!
                        Har har har

Comment

I remember the Cabbage Patch craze in the 80's and how many people got hurt in teh frenzy, today there is no deal worth me getting into a riot over. I am planned very strategically this year since tehre are not big door busters I am trying to get (at least not from what I have seen thus far).

A little piece of heaven

Comment

chill, I do believe its crazy and not safe. but I live in a small town and we do not go nuts like that. I do not condone violence, I was just laughing because they were on youtube which tells me that day is nuts!. not the fact people were down on the ground.
                            seeing this crap would scare me forever , I am just glad I have never witnessed it! if I did wow, I would not ever go near the stores on black friday!
                            I do not know what you folks go thru in big cities, it was a shock. and if there on youtube then it is in fact crazy!!

Comment

I'm thankful my Black Friday shopping has never been anything like those videos. That is so sad that people kept stepping over or around those people and didn't stop to help them up or see if they were okay.

Comment

When someone gets seriously hurt, maybe then it will be eliminated.

Comment

People have been trampled and hurt several times. Last year in particular when the wii came out I hard stories of fist fights, guns, etc, and that wasn't even a sale, it was a product release. The mighty buck for stores to make money will continue with black Friday regardless of isolated incidents. However stores should employ additional security and work harder to control the chaos.

Many stores actually already take measures to help the situation, Best Buy hands out tickets for their door busters and people line up at 4pm on Thursday and wait 12 hours for those tickets, so there isn't a mad rush when the doors open (I know WalMart has done this is years past). Other stores, especially KBToys and Disney, usually only allow 6-10 shoppers into the store at a time at opening until the line thins out, and they usually have ample security on site to control the line up process (In fact last year and it seems again this year Disney Stores are advertising an opening time that is 1 hour later than they will actually open...not confirmed but from talking to a couple employees it seems plausable and that is what happened last year).

Anyway, I haven't waited for "door busters" since I had kids as my shopping now is mostly geared for price cuts on toys, so I just show up early and wait my turn.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

One thing that might help is if stores stocked enough of the items so that people did not feel rushed to get it. The problem with a lot of doorbusters is that they are meant as a come on and there is little stock. It obviously depends on the product. Is it is something like a laptop, usually there is only a few. If it is a DVD there is usually a decent amount.

Sometimes I go out, but only if there is something I really want. I usually skip Wal Mart, at least for the first few hours. Sure way to get me out on Black Friday, have a store put Star Wars figures on sale.

Comment

Unfortunately that will probably never happen. Black Friday is a cash cow. Our weekend totals at Target for Thanksgiving were astronomical. Until that changes and it isn't a huge cash bonanza, it'll just keep going and going.

Comment

Many stores actually already take measures to help the situation, Best Buy hands out tickets for their door busters and people line up at 4pm on Thursday and wait 12 hours for those tickets, so there isn't a mad rush when the doors open (I know WalMart has done this is years past).
                                        Yeah that's how it was at my Best Buy last year. Some whack jobs try to buy other people's tickets for the big items, but they usually get turned down. But the had things organized quite well. They had store employees & managers walking the lines and handing out clipboards for people to sign up for Best Buy credit cards if they wanted to (to pay for those shiny new TVs and laptops). Plus Clearwater Police were on hand to keep any troublemakers at bay. There were a few people they asked to leave but nothing major. They all laughed when I came out of the store with my new monitor and proclaimed quite loudly, "HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ME!" :lol:

Comment

yeah, best biy pissed me off last year. They did hand the tickets out, but they also had an internet ad which people would only know about if they logged on early in the am, btu our best buy employees had handed out all the tickets the night before even the special ....but w/e, I still got my lap top for the price I wanted and I didn't wait out there all night.

They also let people in about 10 at a time so it was orderly and the line went really fast.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X