This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are sick... GO HOME!

Just sat through class next to a woman who was coughing, sneezing, oozing, sick,sick, sick, sick.

She said that she was very proud that she never missed a day of work or school, no matter how sick she was.

I told her she was a walking pandemic waiting to happen and if there was ever anything good in her wilted, oozing heart, she would go home. (I actually said that)

She told me I was very rude and moved her seat closer to the professor. He told her she should go home. She started to cry and ran out.

Now I feel a bit bad, but come on. I hate being sick and people like that don't even think that they may be spreading their nasty little germs everywhere.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Re: If you are sick... GO HOME!

Did no one learn anything from the TB thing?

Geeze.

Edit: When you're sick STAY HOME.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

I tell my co-workers to go home when they are sock all the them. They don't seem to care they are causing everyone around them to be sick. I told one girl who seems to be sick at last 4 times a month that her sick time was so she could stay home and get better. She told me her sick time was for when she wanted to do something fun, not for when she was sick. Yeah, she's an idiot. I mean ...sure you can use it for fun days, but it's called sick time, so you don't come in and make everyone sick...*sigh*

Comment

What's worse is when this happens at work. Some people come here sick as a dog and they think that showing up to work like this will make the boss think that they have a lot of work to do. To these morons I say GO HOME.

I was so mad last year. Someone came in sick to work and I asked her if she could go home. I am not a boss so she didn't listen to me. It should be no surprise that less than 2 weeks later EVERYBODY in my department including myself got the same illness.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! :rant:

Comment

Originally posted by thejoshualee View Post
          She told me I was very rude and moved her seat closer to the professor. He told her she should go home. She started to cry and ran out.
          Umm, she's the rude one spreading her cooties to everyone.

Comment

The place I use to work didn't think being sick was an excuse to go home. The only time I was allowed to go home was when I was in tears because I was about ready to collapse. Mind you that this was an sandwich shop and sick employees were there making food year around.
            sigpic

Welcome to my blog!
            A Photographed Life
            12/28: Copperopolis, California

Comment

HA! good for you thejoshualee! HR should do something about people at work. I hate the company I work for but at least they pay for our flu shots and would rather us be at work healthy and stay home when sick. My boss is big on staying home when sick and has sent people home because the fact that they will spread whatever virus but also because there is nothing worse than listening to the coughing, sneezing and loud nose blowing idiots. One gal here practically chokes everytime she coughs. UGH gross

Comment

I hate it hate it hate it when people send their sick kids to school. I would never in a million years put my kids in school sick, so why do other people think it's okay?

Esp. stay-at-home moms. Hello? Your job is to be a mom. Mother your kid, and cancel your freaking hair appt. I've lectured my friends numerous times about it. It's a major pet peeve of mine.

Once I sent home one of my classroom assistants because she came to work with a fever. Hello? We have a room full of autistic and medically fragile kids here who sure as heck aren't benefiting from you being sick and touching them. :yuck: She wasn't happy with me, but oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                  I hate it hate it hate it when people send their sick kids to school. I would never in a million years put my kids in school sick, so why do other people think it's okay?

Esp. stay-at-home moms. Hello? Your job is to be a mom. Mother your kid, and cancel your freaking hair appt. I've lectured my friends numerous times about it. It's a major pet peeve of mine.

Once I sent home one of my classroom assistants because she came to work with a fever. Hello? We have a room full of autistic and medically fragile kids here who sure as heck aren't benefiting from you being sick and touching them. :yuck: She wasn't happy with me, but oh well.
                  I totally agree. People just don't get it.

Comment

I don't get that one either, sending a little kid to school sick. Parents of these kids must have no heart. Just this week I had to keep my child home because she had a fever. I work but stayed home with her- Too bad for my job, my first place is my child.

Comment

My parent's housekeeper's daughter died from the flu a few years back. She wasn't feeling well but her employer insisted on her coming to work anyway. She wound up getting worse and wound up dying.

This was equally bad on my parents because this housekeeper has been with them for over 30 years and they have seen this girl grow up through the years.

Comment

Every time someone who sits near me shows up sick I start chugging airbourne. Someone actually asked me once sarcastically if I really thought it worked. Yeah, hopefully, but if the sick people would stay home it would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                          Every time someone who sits near me shows up sick I start chugging airbourne. the nasty girl who sits in front of me was coughing and blowing her nose, she turns around to talk and sees me drinking the airbourne. (I don't want to talk to her when she's sick anyway, so she should stay facing forward.) Anyway, she rolls her eyes and says. "do you really think that will help?" I said, "hopefully, but you staying home would have helped more." She stopped turning around that day.

You ROCK! I have a new HERO!

Comment

Originally posted by RPerez3 View Post
                            You ROCK! I have a new HERO!
                            :lol: I should also mention that girl doesn't like me very much, but on some days the feeling is mutual.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                              My parent's housekeeper's daughter died from the flu a few years back. She wasn't feeling well but her employer insisted on her coming to work anyway. She wound up getting worse and wound up dying.

This was equally bad on my parents because this housekeeper has been with them for over 30 years and they have seen this girl grow up through the years.
                              That's sad

Comment

I go to work when I'm sick unless I'm too sick to get out of bed. I save my sick days for when my daughter is too sick to go to school, or when I just don't feel like working.
                                Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hard for us to take a sick day at my work. It is seen as a sign of laziness. When the boss is sick, he comes in and infects the rest of us. Then we are all forced to work in misery for a few weeks while everyone takes their turn with the coughy, achy, stuffy head, so we can work routine
                                  MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                                  Save

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                                    Hard for us to take a sick day at my work. It is seen as a sign of laziness. When the boss is sick, he comes in and infects the rest of us. Then we are all forced to work in misery for a few weeks while everyone takes their turn with the coughy, achy, stuffy head, so we can work routine
                                    That's amazing, it's like we work for the same company. :blink:
                                    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Where I work...they are VERY hard on you if you call in sick, so, people mostly DO come in to work sick. For the record..the company is a MAJOR bank. Anyway---we all end up sick, and coming in sick, because the managers make you feel so guilty and at times, tell you that you can NOT call in sick. It's horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                                        I hope that family had a nice lawsuit filed against the company that forced their daughter to work when she was so ill. That is criminal.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X