• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hakuna Makarla
    replied
    Re: If you are sick... GO HOME!

Originally posted by thejoshualee View Post
    Just sat through class next to a woman who was coughing, sneezing, oozing, sick,sick, sick, sick.

She said that she was very proud that she never missed a day of work or school, no matter how sick she was.

I told her she was a walking pandemic waiting to happen and if there was ever anything good in her wilted, oozing heart, she would go home. (I actually said that)

She told me I was very rude and moved her seat closer to the professor. He told her she should go home. She started to cry and ran out.

Now I feel a bit bad, but come on. I hate being sick and people like that don't even think that they may be spreading their nasty little germs everywhere.
    you said what I would have !! People if your sick stop making everyone else sick!! get a clue , you got it some where from some fool not staying home, go to bed, get well and then go to work !!

Leave a comment:

• MollyTrolly
    replied

I rarely go to work sick, and if I do it to pick up my laptop and take it back home. I hate being sick and I see no reason to spread my illness when I can work from home. I also get really mad when others come to work anyway when they are sick and infect me. I agree with others about school, I never send my kids when they are sick, but I have seen several people send thier kids and it makes me so mad.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyIPresume
    replied

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    Where I work...they are VERY hard on you if you call in sick, so, people mostly DO come in to work sick. For the record..the company is a MAJOR bank. Anyway---we all end up sick, and coming in sick, because the managers make you feel so guilty and at times, tell you that you can NOT call in sick. It's horrible.
    Have the managers ever stopped to think what a disservice they are doing to their customers by putting them in a situation where they might get sick?

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    I hope that family had a nice lawsuit filed against the company that forced their daughter to work when she was so ill. That is criminal.
    I don't know the outcome to be honest. I know that she probably couldn't afford a lawyer...

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    When I was a sever they would force us with guilt and the threat of being fired to not call in sick. I remeber working with the flu. God only knows how many people I infected, but I was forced to go in. When I finally had enough of that job I walked out in the middle of my sift. There was also a class action lawsuit against them for doing a few illegal things. I got a nice check about 2 years after I had stopped working there
    See above...

Leave a comment:

• SCUBAbe
    replied

When I was a sever they would force us with guilt and the threat of being fired to not call in sick. I remeber working with the flu. God only knows how many people I infected, but I was forced to go in. When I finally had enough of that job I walked out in the middle of my sift. There was also a class action lawsuit against them for doing a few illegal things. I got a nice check about 2 years after I had stopped working there

Leave a comment:

• Missviolet
    replied

I get sick (and stay sick for weeks) SO easily, so I totally hear you on the "stay home when you're sick" bit. I don't understand why some people don't think about others and their health. We live in a "me-me-me" society and it's disgusting. I do the airborn too.. Zicam, Vitamin C, D and E, Mushroom IMmune booster mixture, Co-Q 10, Grapefruit seed tabs, Xclear nasal wash.. everything. Stay home if you're sick!

Leave a comment:

• I Heart Disneyland
    replied

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    My parent's housekeeper's daughter died from the flu a few years back. She wasn't feeling well but her employer insisted on her coming to work anyway. She wound up getting worse and wound up dying.
    I hope that family had a nice lawsuit filed against the company that forced their daughter to work when she was so ill. That is criminal.

Leave a comment:

• I Heart Disneyland
    replied

Where I work...they are VERY hard on you if you call in sick, so, people mostly DO come in to work sick. For the record..the company is a MAJOR bank. Anyway---we all end up sick, and coming in sick, because the managers make you feel so guilty and at times, tell you that you can NOT call in sick. It's horrible.

Leave a comment:

• sunnygirl
    replied

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
    Hard for us to take a sick day at my work. It is seen as a sign of laziness. When the boss is sick, he comes in and infects the rest of us. Then we are all forced to work in misery for a few weeks while everyone takes their turn with the coughy, achy, stuffy head, so we can work routine
    That's amazing, it's like we work for the same company. :blink:

Leave a comment:

• Dustysage
    replied

Hard for us to take a sick day at my work. It is seen as a sign of laziness. When the boss is sick, he comes in and infects the rest of us. Then we are all forced to work in misery for a few weeks while everyone takes their turn with the coughy, achy, stuffy head, so we can work routine

Leave a comment:

• sunnygirl
    replied

I go to work when I'm sick unless I'm too sick to get out of bed. I save my sick days for when my daughter is too sick to go to school, or when I just don't feel like working.

Leave a comment:

• Ginarella
    replied

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    My parent's housekeeper's daughter died from the flu a few years back. She wasn't feeling well but her employer insisted on her coming to work anyway. She wound up getting worse and wound up dying.

This was equally bad on my parents because this housekeeper has been with them for over 30 years and they have seen this girl grow up through the years.
    That's sad

Leave a comment:

• SCUBAbe
    replied

Originally posted by RPerez3 View Post
    You ROCK! I have a new HERO!
    :lol: I should also mention that girl doesn't like me very much, but on some days the feeling is mutual.

Leave a comment:

• RPerez3
    replied

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    Every time someone who sits near me shows up sick I start chugging airbourne. the nasty girl who sits in front of me was coughing and blowing her nose, she turns around to talk and sees me drinking the airbourne. (I don't want to talk to her when she's sick anyway, so she should stay facing forward.) Anyway, she rolls her eyes and says. "do you really think that will help?" I said, "hopefully, but you staying home would have helped more." She stopped turning around that day.

You ROCK! I have a new HERO!

Leave a comment:

• SCUBAbe
    replied

Every time someone who sits near me shows up sick I start chugging airbourne. Someone actually asked me once sarcastically if I really thought it worked. Yeah, hopefully, but if the sick people would stay home it would be better.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyIPresume
    replied

This was equally bad on my parents because this housekeeper has been with them for over 30 years and they have seen this girl grow up through the years.

Leave a comment:

• RPerez3
    replied

I don't get that one either, sending a little kid to school sick. Parents of these kids must have no heart. Just this week I had to keep my child home because she had a fever. I work but stayed home with her- Too bad for my job, my first place is my child.

Leave a comment:

• Ginarella
    replied

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
    I hate it hate it hate it when people send their sick kids to school. I would never in a million years put my kids in school sick, so why do other people think it's okay?

Esp. stay-at-home moms. Hello? Your job is to be a mom. Mother your kid, and cancel your freaking hair appt. I've lectured my friends numerous times about it. It's a major pet peeve of mine.

Once I sent home one of my classroom assistants because she came to work with a fever. Hello? We have a room full of autistic and medically fragile kids here who sure as heck aren't benefiting from you being sick and touching them. :yuck: She wasn't happy with me, but oh well.
    I totally agree. People just don't get it.

Leave a comment:

• stinkerbell
    replied

I hate it hate it hate it when people send their sick kids to school. I would never in a million years put my kids in school sick, so why do other people think it's okay?

Esp. stay-at-home moms. Hello? Your job is to be a mom. Mother your kid, and cancel your freaking hair appt. I've lectured my friends numerous times about it. It's a major pet peeve of mine.

Once I sent home one of my classroom assistants because she came to work with a fever. Hello? We have a room full of autistic and medically fragile kids here who sure as heck aren't benefiting from you being sick and touching them. :yuck: She wasn't happy with me, but oh well.

Leave a comment:

• RPerez3
    replied

HA! good for you thejoshualee! HR should do something about people at work. I hate the company I work for but at least they pay for our flu shots and would rather us be at work healthy and stay home when sick. My boss is big on staying home when sick and has sent people home because the fact that they will spread whatever virus but also because there is nothing worse than listening to the coughing, sneezing and loud nose blowing idiots. One gal here practically chokes everytime she coughs. UGH gross

Leave a comment:

• DisneyGal
    replied

The place I use to work didn't think being sick was an excuse to go home. The only time I was allowed to go home was when I was in tears because I was about ready to collapse. Mind you that this was an sandwich shop and sick employees were there making food year around.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X